Debatwinnerpro
Historybuff01

Is hell forever? (Christianity)

Historybuff01 has forfeited round #3.

Debatwinnerpro

Con

I dont believe that hell is ETERNAL suffering. Please be open-minded. also, the first round is just, state your belief, and accept the challenge.
Historybuff01

Pro

Yes, hell is eternal punishment and separation from God.
Debatwinnerpro

Con

First off, this is just an opinion, i honestly dont think a MERCIFUL God would let people suffer forever, nobody deserves that.

i am an annihilationist

Ezekiel 28:19
"All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you;
You have become a horror,
And shall be no more forever." " ""

This verse does not say "and you shall suffer forever" it says "you shall be NO MORE forever" the way i look at this is that you, your memories, you consciousness will be forever destroyed. you wont be conscious you don't exist.

Isaiah 47:14
"Behold, they shall be vas stubble,
The fire shall burn them;
They shall not deliver themselves
From the power of the flame;
It shall not be a coal to be warmed by,
Nor a fire to sit before!"

This verse also suggests that they will just be burned, till nothing is left over.

2 Peter 3:10
"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up."

It says all these things will be burned up, works are one of these.

The problem is the bible is a very hard book to understand. it has many contradictions.
Historybuff01

Pro

Yes, you are true to say that the Bible is difficult to understand. And I must ask before I make an argument, what is your motive for this argument? Are you arguing for the sake of winning or to view others opinions?
If you would like to know and not argue, I can explain why hell is eternal as a brother in faith.
Debatwinnerpro

Con

I was saying that Christianity is hard to understand. Due to the fact that emperor Constantine cherry picked the books of the bible to create our modern bible.

So, im going to forfeit. i dont know what to believe about Christianity at this point.
Posted by InfamousJesse 2 months ago
InfamousJesse
Yes death is forever no resurrection but hell is the grave. When god destroys someone that is it no life in them.death is death.sad to say Christians cant handle reality about death so they change meaning to words.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 2 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Stonehe4rt;

Memorize this, let it be your mantra: what people think IS almost always wrong, where God is concerned, because Humans think with emotions, not reason, fleshly thinking, not Truth, based on Righteousness alone!

Isaiah 55:8
8"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. 9"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts."

You ARE an ETERNAL BEING. .... in possession of an eternal Soul. God placed the WAY of salvatin before ALL MEN. YOU HAVE THE CHOICE .... to accept or refuse to accept. The correct term is , YOU CHOOSE, eternity WITH or WITHOUT God!

God gives you TILL you draw your LAST BREATH, to decide, but not a SECOND MORE! that YOU THINK thats God giving up ON YOU .... is emotional responce only .... God GAVEs you a LIFETIME to choose. That"s NOT giving up on you. Can"t blame Gd for what YOU willfully chose to DO! The blame is on the soul, not on God!

Just as a murder bears the blame for killing ... SO TO the sinner who CHOSE to REJECT Gods offer of Salvation, bears the blame of CHOICE!
FollowerofChrist1955
Debatwinnerpro
Is hell forever? (Christianity)
Answer: NO

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

This directly states Hell is NOT FOREVER!

Will people suffer Eternally?
Answer:YES,
Revelation 14:
10 he too will drink the wine of God"s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever.

This states emphatically ... they SHALL be tormented IN FIRE ..... FOREVER!

You inow the answers are IN the Bible .... why don"t you just READ IT! Or just ASK, don"t debate bogus things! Ask the believers who know the Bible will SHOW you the answer, instead of just tossing out opinions.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 2 months ago
Stonehe4rt
This is an very interesting debate, that I also have a very different opinion for. I don't think Hell is forever but I also don't think it just annihilates you. David said "God will not leave my soul in hell forever". To me this shouts that Hell is infact a place of suffering, but not as eternal as we may think. After all God is a merciful God. Maybe after the current Earth and Heaven are gone (considering Hell is described to be IN the Earth, that would mean the old Hell is also destroyed) meaning that they may have another chance during the time of a New Heaven and Earth, and if they are still not repentant and just want out for the sake of not suffering anymore, then they will most likely continue to be in Hell. While this is just a theory, do not confuse my words for actual scripture, test it with what you know about God and come to a conclusion yourself. However I strongly believe that Hell is a place of torment but those in Hell will even have another chance. Why do I believe this? Well another reason is the that he will refine us like silver.

What does a silver smith do? They work the silver until they can see themselves in it. Yeah. I don't think God gives up on anyone, I see Hell as God saying he isn't giving up on you and will burn the impurities out if he has to.
Posted by nobleislandbag 2 months ago
nobleislandbag
Interested to see what arguments the con side has.