Sarah_mir
Dumy15

Is helping Drug addicts to come out of that hell and re-live the life a good deed?

Sarah_mir

Sarah_mir

Pro

I believe that we should help those addicts who need us because they have their own terrible tales which can make one burst in tears.What do you think Dumy?
Dumy15

Con

I honestly think they do deserve a chance but that's why we have rehab, that's a second chance if I have ever seen one.

They also don't really need drugs they could just ask some people to help them and I know a lot of people will say that they don't have no one to go to. Well they have a lot of people to go to when they need help.
Sarah_mir

Pro

They can ask for help from the people but in some cases they are not able to expose or we can say express their problems because they are afraid of the consequences that is why they move to drugs to get relieved from these problems for a short period of time.
Dumy15

Con

Drugs don't always help them with depression. If you ask most depressed people if drugs help them they will say no.

There are many cases where a drug addict got addicted by depression but there are more cases where they are just pier pressured or other reasons.

I'm not actually against helping drug addicts but I'm doing my best.
Sarah_mir

Pro

I know that drugs do not help them to overcome their problems but they have that kind of belief that in future harms their lives.I buy your point that drugs can never help them overcome their depression.
Dumy15

Con

All in all I think the drugs should be taken away from them and that we should just force them to go into rehab. Yeah it's a little harsh but it will work eventually.

Depression isn't essentially the main cause of drug use, that is the main reason for alcohol use. Drug use can be caused by other friends. Also if people feel sorry for them then why aren't they doing anything when they get the chance, and wait until after they are lost to do something, or say that they did try to do something.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
Because I've got about 10 other people who want me to vote on their debates first. If you'd like to wait, you can take a number. This one's got over 161 days anyway, don't think I'll run out of time.
Posted by Sarah_mir 1 year ago
Sarah_mir
#whiteflame y dnt u vote me den?
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: wipefeetnmat// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). The way I took this debate is: Pro = we should actively help drug addicts; Con = they should help themselves. Am I mistaken?

[*Reason for removal*] This isn't really an RFD. If the voter's confused about what the debate covered and which side was arguing what, then the voter should do one of the following: make enough assumptions to come to a decision, ask about it in the comments, or abstain from voting. As this vote doesn't explain why the voter's awarding arguments points, it's insufficient.
************************************************************************
Posted by Sarah_mir 1 year ago
Sarah_mir
Den u r vlcmd to my frnd List mr...
Posted by Dumy15 1 year ago
Dumy15
I'm not trying to be mean or rude to those type of people. I actually think that we should do a lot to help those people.
Vote Placed by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Sarah_mirDumy15Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debaters were arguing in favor of the resolution. here is a quote from Dumy to show that: "They also don't really need drugs they could just ask some people to help them and I know a lot of people will say that they don't have no one to go to. Well they have a lot of people to go to when they need help." Con actually argued that people do help them and the tone was that it was a good thing, he repeats it in the final round: "All in all I think the drugs should be taken away from them and that we should just force them to go into rehab. Yeah it's a little harsh but it will work eventually." Again con argues that we should help addicts, by sending them to rehab. The clone clearly implies he thinks this would be a good deed