sweet00tranny
acetraveler

Is homeschooling better than public school?

sweet00tranny

Pro

I am seeing this through the eyes of a high schooler. I believe that homeschooling is better for a high schooler than public school. I will let my opponent give his argument first, because I don't want to let my crap outta the bag before i have an argument.
acetraveler

Con

Home schooling means self-study. If students of home schooling have a clear vision and passion to study, Home schooling is a good choice. But, in this case, they can be placed to hard situation when they need to their role model or counselor. Don't you think public school teachers can introduce counselors and role models to the students, or teachers can be good counselors for students?
In addition, they have the chances to acquire their unique experience when they choose a home schooling but experiences in school can also provide different beginnings of their lives.
For example, Public schools can provide more chances to experience social lives to the students than the home schooling. Improving leadership, understanding other people who have different thinking ways compared with mine, and so other things can be more easily experienced to students in public school than Home schooling. Do you think home schooling students experienced like this as compared with public school students at least?
I'll wait your reply and I want that you suggest more logical reasons and practical examples that can support your argument.
sweet00tranny

Pro

hi my fellow debator ^_^

well something you also have to realize is that there are different kinds of homeschooling. like mine, for example. i have eight different teachers on the internet, and they counsel me just like in public school. ive been to public school, i know both sides of the fence and i've DEFINATLY found homeschooling to be more sufficient.

not only do i get to work with other kids and not only do my teachers give me full attention since they aren't dealing with other kids disrupting in a classroom and such, but i teach myself. i found that when i teach myself, it is embedded in my brain. i don't forget things like i would if someone was just putting the information in front of my face. it causes your brain to work more for the information, therefore it holds onto the information. if someone just teaches you the concept while you're dozing off or trying to convert their langauge to yours, dont you think its a tad easier to miss the general point? but when you see something, and you put it in YOUR language and you take as much time as you possibly need to work on it, it makes the whole concept so much easier. and i'm the type who suffers with algebra some, because its a difficult concept for me to understand. when i teach myself a concept in algebra, it becomes so much easier than when i took it in public high school, because i find helpful hints that i can understand, and i don't have to feel rushed to move along with the class if im struggling. and no after school sessions that waste time. its actually helped me master it, and now i'm doing pretty fly in algebra, but when i do have the occasional tough problems, i have teachers and family and friends there to help me, its not like you're 100% solo.

concerning social issues, there are homeschooling groups you can join, where home schoolers meet up. they even have clubs. there are sport teams you can join, dance teams, debate teams, anything. there are a world of opportunities. and not only that, but you're not really around all the heavy drug use and promiscuous ways that public school offers. i mean you dont have to be like a total hermit.

anyway continue ^_^
acetraveler

Con

Before taking up the main subject, I admit your experience also can be powerful example in this topic. But, this topic have to contain all of students of USA, in addition, other students around the world. Because your opponent is a Korean who is one of the foreigners of your country, and this "Topic of Debate" cannot only contain you and your friends. In your case, of course "Home schooling is better than public school." is right and my opinion must be seriously stricted. But, other students in USA and around the world, there are many people who can possibly think "Public school is better than home schooling.". Then, I start my main subject.

I also think study is the self-task. To be honest, if public schools must only have the object to teach knowledge for students, I also agree your opinion. But, social lives in your examples can be less trouble than public school because your example can only show me 'Birds of a feather flock together.'. Also their groups have some trouble and contain many various friends who have different thinking ways and experiences but in the aspects, I can have a conviction. - "Public school is better than home schooling in the aspects of learning social lives."

First, you say "My teachers give me full attention", But in the situation, you and other home schooling students can't easily know how you can gain the attention from teachers who have no special attention to you, and you don't easily know how can you deal with teachers who have a bad feelings to you. In the society of adult, you and many other home schooling students can meet many people who have a good attention to you. But you and many other home schooling students also can meet some people who have a bad attention or no attention to you. If the people who have a bad attention or no attention are your superior than you, how can you deal with the situation? No matter how you can deal with the situation most of your tasks, you can fail in the society of adults your life because only you miss one situation like my example. If you are in public school, you can easily have more chance to deal with similar situation. Although you can tell me you can participate the seminar that teaches you human relations, but reality is more complexed than experience of seminar. Do you think only knowledge itself without test in the real situation can be useful? I can tell you only experience in public school can more give you the chances to improve the skills of human relations than home schooling as long as you're not adults.

In addition, when you become adults, you can take the mission that cannot be delayed or adjusted to your own schedule like home schooling. I think your improving of your algebra can be a good example of your passion of study. But it can only based on the system of home schooling. But in the society, you must learn how you can cope with your vulnerable points during stricted time and situation unlike home schooling. If you were in the public school, you can also have the chances to deal with your vunerables in short time.

In my examples, I have powerful interest in natural science, social science and history and I have many vunerable points in math and English when I graduate the middle school, but I don't know yet my many vulnerable points. And I had also considered self-study and alternative school like you because of similar reasons of yours, but finally I graduate high school in standard course. I have many hard experiences in high school that you say this, but I cope with my problems and tough situations in front without abandonment, I can have more ability and interest in English and math, I can convict my ability of social relation can be more improved. Maybe I missed many chances because of not choosing self-study and alternative school, but I don't regret because no experience is a waste experience. If people still remain waste time to waste time, they have a waste time in their life because they choose it, but if people use waste time to make priceless experience, their whole life can have more value because they have only valuable time in the whole life of theirs. So, "where" is also important in your life, but it is the second consideration. But, "Who you are" is the best important source in your life. In this view, experience in public school can also be good or even better than home schooling for many people.

Finally, if you were in public school, you can meet more friends than home schooling and you can have dissatisfied in relation with those friends, and you can deal with more troubles what you think. But do you think this trouble and bothersome are only waste to life of many students who are in the public school?
sweet00tranny

Pro

sweet00tranny forfeited this round.
acetraveler

Con

It is a good debate although I miss you were forfeited final round. Maybe next time, I want to more good debate with you. But anyway, you were already forfeited in final round, and I have the duty to finish my turn. So I start my last reply.

Everyone. Please vote me to my win in this debate because I have the right to win in this debate because of that reasons.
First, my reasons and logics are more faithful than the things of sweet00tranny. Round 1, she does not provide us any specific reason to help start the debate. She only showed her opinion. Round 2, she only show us her specific experience and examples. Then I show her my counter-examples and I show you the real image in the world by using more variety view and examples. Round 3, She must have replied to me because I have the question to her so she had a duty to reply or retort me against to my question. But she couldn't.

Second, my main arguments is this with this debate topic : Public schools must not only have the object to teach knowledge for students. They must also have the object to provide chances of experiencing social lives for students, and they do the tasks now. But main arguments of sweet00tranny only said this : In the aspects of study, home schooling is far more better than public school. And students of home schooling can also experience social lives. But, if she really wins in this debate, she must have more mention about experiencing social lives of students. If so, I can also say more about the study aspects of school, this debate can be more faithful and her arguments can have powerful reasoning power. But in the current situation, my arguments can do more keep the requirement of this debate topic, so you can agree this mention.

Finally, forfeit is a serious mistake of debate in this site. This is the basic manner to participate faithfully in this debate. So, in this debate, I have more the justice of the claim to my win to you.

This debate is a good experience to me in this site. Then, now I declare this debate is over from now on. Please see you next debate!
Posted by Ike-Jin-Park 4 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
How come I can still vote?
Posted by Aned 4 years ago
Aned
The only advantage I see with home schooling is that students are safer. But the atmosphere in public schools help children form their character and deal with a wide range of situations, as well as to find solutions to different problems that may arise in public schools. Academics is not all they need. They need to socialize with different type of people, confront bullies, know people from different cultures and backgrounds. In public schools kids also learn a lot from different personalities that their teachers portray and will emulate them. They are expose to more ways to see our lives, and more philosophies.
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
Any kind of schooling is better than public school. If I could get a voucher I would pull my children out immediately and put them in a private school.
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
Wait, so are you a Tranny? Or is that just your name?
Posted by sweet00tranny 9 years ago
sweet00tranny
lol um no it hasnt? lol
dats my ducky face!
Posted by brian_eggleston 9 years ago
brian_eggleston
Has sweet000tranny's picture been Photoshopped?

I think we should be told!
Vote Placed by Ike-Jin-Park 4 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by Protagoras 9 years ago
Protagoras
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by Killer542 9 years ago
Killer542
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by Pseudophile 9 years ago
Pseudophile
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by Battlecry 9 years ago
Battlecry
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by brian_eggleston 9 years ago
brian_eggleston
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by Umasi93 9 years ago
Umasi93
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by Puck 9 years ago
Puck
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by acetraveler 9 years ago
acetraveler
sweet00trannyacetravelerTied