amaster7
gtcmoulder

Is homework beneficial to students???

amaster7

Pro

Lots of studies find that too much homework (3 or more hours) makes it worse, but a study that tracked 3,000 students over 15 years and found that more than 2 hours a night of homework is linked to achieving better results in maths, English, and science. A 2009 anonymous study showed that kids feel angry and less confident when homework is incomplete, which leads me to my next assertion. When homework is complete students feels a sense of achievement and can feel good that they completed a hard task.
gtcmoulder

Con

Yes, students may have a sense of achievement when homework is completed, but that doesn't mean they won't feel burned out and uninterested. School is supposed to provide a broad, basic education, not a specialized one. But with after school homework, kids don't want to pursue a more specialized education, they want to spend every spare minute socializing, leaving them unprepared for getting a job and choosing a career. On top of that, just because completing homework gives students a sense of achievement doesn't mean they aren't going to get frustrated, annoyed, or uninterested and blow it off, or do mediocre work and not make any progress.
amaster7

Pro

amaster7 forfeited this round.
gtcmoulder

Con

Can't argue against a forfeit.
amaster7

Pro

amaster7 forfeited this round.
gtcmoulder

Con

Not getting any better at fighting nothing.
Posted by gtcmoulder 2 years ago
gtcmoulder
Any particular reason you keep forfeiting? I don't mean to be rude, but you challenged me this time, and I can tell that you do actually have an opinion, so why do you keep doing it? It's a tiny bit rude, and I can't really argue against my own opinion. :