Ilank29
NDECD1441

Is homework good for students

Ilank29 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Ilank29

Con

Homework is something most students dread. It is time consuming and often very very difficult. Many kids have after school programs and that can get in the way of having time for homework, students may be up all night sometimes not even getting any sleep which can result in a drop in grades and overall performance, in school to just being social. Homework causes a lot of stress as well and stress has been proven to kill more people then pneumonitis in a year. Homework can cause more than physical health damage. As a child with a growing mind and a growing understanding of the world, you need free time, to explore, to play, to learn new things about the world, to go out and do things, and homework takes away from a lot of the time kids have to do those things
NDECD1441

Pro

Ah homework. Homework, homework, homework. Thank you for creating this debate and I will be debating that homework is good.

What is homework? Homework is actually schoolwork usually done at home.

Who does not like homework? The students.

Why do they not like homework? It is because of the difficulty and with the continuous dislike of hard questions, their minds cannot grow and fully develop. To develop the minds of the youths are why teachers give them homework.

Thank you again for creating this important topic and good luck. 2nd round is more arguments and last round is rebutals. Thank you.
Ilank29

Con

As a student who likes the challenges we are presented with in school, I know how difficult it can be and at the end of 7 hours my brain is already shutting down, and the homework given forces your brain to be active again which can leave the student's brain worn out for the next day. If the teachers could incorporate the homework into the school day the students would do it and not complain. The homework assigned isn't always difficult it is normally a continuation of the work done during the school day so the student knows what the material is, but it takes time that students need in order to grow as a human. If students don't want to answer hard questions, it doesn't matter because they have to do it in school. The homework is only necessary when work is not completed in class or there is a time gap where information can be forgotten such as summer break. thank you and good luck
NDECD1441

Pro

OK thank you for those points. I shall now give mine.

1) Homework for reviewing
Is it not true that there are students who daydream in class and not listen to a single thing the teacher says? No there are students like that. A classmate of mine in my former-school always daydreamed and did not even know what was going on. He always came to me for help. That, itself, is proof already that these students do exist. Homework eliminates those people. Because my old school rarely had homework, I had to take care of a classmate with his studies. Homework makes sure they understand. Teachers teach for a reason. To clearly educate these children. They give practice exercises in many branches and the students should understand. No one will teach a-b-c and give homework about x-y-z. Practices exercises act as a primary source of how children understand. Homework secures that stance.