ATR2004
Athinus

Is homework good

ATR2004

Con

Ok just so you know this is just a debate I'm doing for fun and if I don't argue back I got bored

Ok anyways I think homework should be abolished just ponder this 6 hours a day 5 days a week 10 months a year every year till they get a job is that not enough there's a difference between giving work because it's not done but just popping up and saying here do this worksheet even though you already talked about this for 6 hours(just and example high school is worse) if they have all thier work done let them be free not having to sit down doing more work they already had 6 hours of work seriously
Athinus

Pro

Hello there, please forgive any grammer issues as this is my first online debate.

I do think homework is good. The reason I think this way is because it is intended as a means to keep the learning of a subject fresh in the students mind for as long as possible. It also gives parents opportunities to further connect with their childs intellect and provide their own insights and ideas thus helping them progress through difficult situations with perhaps an alternative option of solving a problem.

I'm long past the age of homework now (don't laugh) but I know I hated it, I know it seemed like a chore and a waste of time but I do believe it helped shaped my intellect for the better in grown up years.
ATR2004

Con

Yes some homework is important but I have to draw the line at some kids needs free time and keeping them busy with more school till 8 is not what I'd call having free time they at least should give a bit less homework I wasn't thinking about the title when I made the debate excuse my grammar mobile device
Athinus

Pro

Homework is not intended to last you several hours. They base home studies on your evaluated intellectual level. If it is taking them all night to finish a piece of work then either they have left everything until the last minute (exactly what I used to do as a kid) or they are struggling to grasp the homework's concept. The latter proves a lack of understanding which is good because they can focus on improving that particular module with a teachers aid. Kid's typically have more than enough time to themselves after they complete homework if they are not having problems with it. But having problems and sorting those problems out is a part of your personal development.
ATR2004

Con

Although you make a good point I still don't believe in homework another thing is that some teachers penalize you for not doing it even though it's never mentioned again after that and it has nothing to do with what I'm doing do you mind if I switch the topic? Ok they should have homework but sometimes it's too hard I remember once we had this piece of homework and it was asking for math we never learned yet and it took forever if anything make homework easier
Athinus

Pro

Athinus forfeited this round.
Posted by Intelligent_Debate 1 year ago
Intelligent_Debate
I like it. Nice. Although, I could never work myself under those conditions of writing a debate. I have tried in the past and failed miserably...
Posted by ATR2004 1 year ago
ATR2004
This was fun
Posted by ATR2004 1 year ago
ATR2004
Like I said just for fun if I don't reply I got bored please try to keep it civil and not say something like "KIDS NEED ******* HOMEWORK" yeah I won't reply to that
Posted by ATR2004 1 year ago
ATR2004