Britt_113
HappyDays

Is homework necessary

HappyDays

Britt_113

Con

I don't recon it is important because we already do work at school why should we do it at home. When you are at home you are meant to relax not do homework.
HappyDays

Pro

"When you are at home you are meant to relax not do homework."

My opponent has said that when you are at home you relax and don't do homework. Well, let me ask my opponent, do you do chores at home? Do you study for an upcoming test? Doing work at home is what helps you get used to the work you are studying in school. To you, homework may seem pointless, but it helps increase your knowledge.

For me, I do better working on an assignment at home rather than at school. Some kids are always talking and I can't do anything to make them stop! At home, I have time at home to work quietly in my room.

Most kids don't want to work on their homework because they want to be texting on their phones or generally do nothing. Some kids may be up til 10 or 11 working on homework, and they complain how long it took the to finish. For me, when I get home I go straight to work on my homework or studies and finish up in a matter of a few hours! Then I have the rest of the evening for myself with no worries of work to get done before 10PM!

And trust me, if you are upset about have homework, just wait until you get to high school, college even! Talk about homework almost EVERY night! Homework has been around for so long, it will never change. I do think some teachers give out homework just because, but other teachers, like my English teacher for example, actually gave our class homework to help increase our knowledge on vocabulary and worldly events.

Homework is necessary, without it, children wouldn't get into the habits of working and seeing their work from school in another environment.
Britt_113

Con

I have many chores to do at home especially when you have to help your parents and then you finish all of my chores at about 6:30 in the evening. Then you have to have dinner and for some kids they do not have to do all the dishes but I have to. After you have finished that it is about 7:30 at night so you don't have enough time to do all your homework. Matter of fact I am in college. So I have lots of homework to do at night. At school it is not hard to do homework at my school because when we talk we help eachother.
HappyDays

Pro

Your argument is that homework is not necessary. And you haven't really given any facts to prove why it isn't, except that it's just hard for you to find the time to work on it. Sadly, you can't change the fact you have homework. It is what everyone needs to get into working habits. And I'm sorry, didn't know you were in college. But let me tell you, when you are done with school doesn't mean you won't have any more homework. I guess it depends on the job you get, but my mom will come home with a ton of work to work on at home almost every night! And she will work on it after dinner, she will stay up sometimes til 11 working on it. It's a thing that never changes. No, mom's work was not assigned to her by a teacher, but all the years she was in school, if her teacher didn't give her homework, she wouldn't know what to do with all that work. Homework is necessary, and it may not be ideal for you schedule, but it will help your knowledge and how you work in the future.
Britt_113

Con

To be honest I'm not saying don't give us any homework, all I am saying is that we should not be given too much homework. I recon it is fine to have a little bit of revision. But teachers don't realise that we get homework from every teacher we have. They do not realise it so they give us heaps of homework and it just stresses us out. Then we stay up to about 11 or 12 at night then we end up falling asleep in class. It might be different at your school but I recon our teachers give us to much homework. When we get too much homework it makes us dread school even more. It's quite annoying because I have many after school activities like sports to keep myself fit. I'm not sure if you have a dog but I do and I have to look after her and she's really naughty. Some people may not have any sports or activities after school so they can get there homework done but I do so it is really hard for me to finish all of my homework. Trust me when you go to school without some of your homework done you get in a lot of trouble.
HappyDays

Pro

I think teachers do realize that every teacher gives homework. It's school, what do you expect them to do. The only thing the teachers think about is their class and their homework. They want to push you and make you work hard, that's why they give you that amount of homework each. And, as I said before, you may not like having that much work, but get used to it because it will be the same when you grow up and get a job, but that time there are no teachers giving it to you, you have to finish it by a dead line. And my school is the same way, but YOU have to FIND THE TIME yourself to do your homework. It may not be ideal for you, but if your teacher assigned it, than you do it. There's no reason for you to stay up til 11. I understand you have a dog and dinner and all that, but you have to be responsible and do your homework. I understand what your saying though. My best friend has a problem finding time to do her homework. Her older sister is unmarried with two children, so she has to babysit her children when she needs to be working on her project. But she still finds the time, and you should too.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Britt_113HappyDaysTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro argues con whines
Vote Placed by Manastacious 2 years ago
Manastacious
Britt_113HappyDaysTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Nothing demonstratively bad. Tied. Sourcing: None. Easy. Tied. S/G: For a college student, the S/G from the Con is truly unforgivable. This vote goes pro. Arguments: No really solid argumentation coming from the Con other than the "I don't want to."