ZamaPower
Surrealism

Is homosexuality a disease ?

ZamaPower

ZamaPower

Pro

Homo sexuality is a disease. It is a mental problem that over time it makes two people of the same sex be attracted by each other. Homosexuality should return to be considered a disease and be treated in the best way possible
Surrealism

Con

I'm assuming that since you haven't posted your arguments yet, the first round will be for acceptance, in which case I accept and look forward to debating you.
ZamaPower

Pro

Homosexuality was not considered any more a disease around the 19th century. Before than it was clear to all scientists the it was a pathology that is developed at the age of 5ys. Richard von Krafft-Ebing described it as a degenerative sickness in his Psychopathia Sexualis. Others described it as a Mental disorder that would worsen over the years. After the 19th century it because politically correct to say that homosexuality was just a choice of life, this is why still now we define it as a choice or a feeling; clearly this is wrong!

Wikipedia describes a mental disorder as:

"A mental disorder, also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, is a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes either suffering or an impaired ability to function in ordinary life (disability), and which is not developmentally or socially normative. Mental disorders are generally defined by a combination of how a person feels, acts, thinks or perceives. This may be associated with particular regions or functions of the brain or rest of the nervous system, often in a social context. Mental disorder is one aspect of mental health." this is how wikipedia defines a Mental disorder. By simply reading this definition it is obvious that it can be associated to homosexuality."
This can be clearly associated to homosexuality, therefore meaning that homosexuality is a disease but according to our society this statement is wrong. It is time to tell the trough and admit that homosexuality is wrong and is a disease, this way these people can be cured and have a normal life.
Surrealism

Con

Surrealism forfeited this round.
ZamaPower

Pro

ZamaPower forfeited this round.
Surrealism

Con

To reiterate, I've been unable to debate due to time constraints and I apologize.
Posted by Surrealism 2 years ago
Surrealism
Sorry, I have less time than I thought. I won't be able to debate.
Posted by ZamaPower 2 years ago
ZamaPower
how is it sexist?
Posted by Jman0056 2 years ago
Jman0056
Thats still a pretty sexist thing to say though, man.
Posted by ZamaPower 2 years ago
ZamaPower
I would like to excuse my self to any one who did not understand the intent of this debate. I am simply challenging my self to see if I am able to debate an un-debatable point. This said it was not my intent to make any one mad
Posted by landlordoftheflies 2 years ago
landlordoftheflies
Homosexuality is not a disease nor a choice. A person that loves someone of the same sex has nothing wrong with their brain, they function the same exact way as any other type of human. Have you, evidently a straight person, ever attempted to be gay? Obviously that wouldn't work, would it? There's nothing wrong with your brain because of your inability to be gay, so there's nothing wrong with a homosexual being unable to choose to be straight.
Posted by Weyejes18 2 years ago
Weyejes18
No it is not a disease like said before it is a choice! You are not born being homosexual you are born just like everyone else and as time progresses you choose which you prefer. Why do you have such an issue with people being homosexual? Not all them are jerks most of them are caring people! we don't judge you because your straight so why judge us?
Posted by getthegrade 2 years ago
getthegrade
No, it is not a 'disease' it is not a choice. you are born the way you are. i think its wrong to be writing debates like this to be honest.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
ZamaPowerSurrealismTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeit. Unfortunately, Con did not participate in this debate, and so therefore Pro's arguments, as weak as they were, stand and, unfortunately, arguments to Pro. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.