TheProAtheist
retroz

Is homosexuality morally wrong?

retroz has forfeited round #3.

TheProAtheist

Pro

To start, I would like to note that I am homosexual. I do not wish for you to be sensitive to my feelings because of it. Be honest in the way you think, and feel, as I want this to be a 100% open discussion. Do not be afraid to challenge any of my beliefs, as this is what this website is for. I will not be offended by any negative remarks you make :).
Here's what I think: I do not believe that there is any basis to the belief that homosexuality is morally wrong, other than 2 things:

"My religion says so,"
And,
"It's not natural"

Okay, so for the first point:
In most 1st world countries, freedom of religion is allowed. Just because your religious beliefs may say that it is wrong, doesn't mean you are legally allowed to enforce your beliefs on them. Why does it matter what two, consenting adults do in their bedroom? It's not hurting or affecting anyone else. Besides, there's a lack of proof for ANY religion, but that's beside's the point. Morals should be decided by what society wants and believes at the time, not by some religious textbook started by some primitive desert nomads 6,000 years ago.

Second point:
Well, actually, it is quite natural. Many animals in the wild have been shown to be homosexual. Giraffe's often participate in anal sex, in fact, 9 out of 10 pairings end up as so.
Bonobos and other apes are shown to be bisexual, with both sexes participating in both homosexual and heterosexual acts.

Homosexuality is found in almost EVERY single species out there, not just human. It's not "Taught" it's merely a personal preference, just like the flavor of Ice cream you might like. There have been countless studies showing that there is no basis to being able to change your sexuality, as it's really just ingrained at you since birth. Why should anyone have to struggle every day with these feelings, if they really do love each other?

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.livescience.com...
retroz

Con

My opponent is arguing that Homosexuality IS morally wrong, while his entire case is arguing the Homosexuality isn't morally wrong.

My opponent states:
"Homosexuality is found in almost EVERY single species out there, not just human. It's not "Taught" it's merely a personal preference, just like the flavor of Ice cream you might like. There have been countless studies showing that there is no basis to being able to change your sexuality, as it's really just ingrained at you since birth. Why should anyone have to struggle every day with these feelings, if they really do love each other?"

This is a supporting argument for the con side, my opponent is on the Pro side, so my opponent has lost this debate because he has offered no contentions for the Pro side, but rather has offered 2 contentions for the Con.
TheProAtheist

Pro

Well um.. This is awkward. I don't know how to make debate pages apparently. I fucked up big time. I meant to choose con but... I didn't so. >.<
retroz

Con

My internet is being disconnected soon so I'm going to have to quit DDO for awhile, so I accept the victory... Judges please do not give my opponent conduct points for my forfeiture of next round.
TheProAtheist

Pro

Vote for the other guy, I fucked up. I'll make another debate eventually.
Posted by Zaephou 5 months ago
Zaephou
Do another debate
Posted by missmedic 5 months ago
missmedic
con wins because pro does not know how to word a proposition......................
Posted by teddy2013 5 months ago
teddy2013
You should propose a new debate where you are on the con side of your statement, or you could reword your statement to be "homosexuality is not morally wrong'. When you do that I will be happy to argue the opposite.
Posted by Mikal 5 months ago
Mikal
You may want to change to con before someone snips you