Aerys
danielawesome12

Is immigration good for Canada?

Aerys

Pro

I'm doing a project on Immigration and would like to hear your views on the topic. After this post I will start debating.
danielawesome12

Con

Between now and 2021, a million jobs are expected to go unfilled across Canada. Ottawa is making reforms to the immigration system but isn't going far enough. They need to radically boost immigration numbers. With the right people, Canada can be an innovative world power. Without them, They'll drain away great potential. Thanks for letting me select my side, I look forward to the debate.
Aerys

Pro

Aerys forfeited this round.
danielawesome12

Con

I also forfeit this round.
Aerys

Pro

Aerys forfeited this round.
danielawesome12

Con

I also forfeit this round.
Aerys

Pro

Aerys forfeited this round.
danielawesome12

Con

I also forfeit this round.
Aerys

Pro

Aerys forfeited this round.
Posted by janice.marquis3 3 years ago
janice.marquis3
Check out www.immigrationwatch.ca to find out the truth on immigration. Massive immigration (canada has the highest in the world) is killing canada. Its driving down wages, creating ethnic gangs and crime, ruining womens rights, driving up the cost of housing, food, gas, etc. Toronto has the highest amount of immigrants and also has the highest unemployment right now in canada, so its quite obvious its not working. One in every two immigrants who lands here goes on welfare. Every time someone goes on welfare you have to pay for it out of higher taxes. If canada took the 70 billion a year it spends on wasteful immigration (by the way canada already has all the skilled people here that are local people), we could create jobs and help the local people and keep the wealth in canada (alot of immigrant sent their money to their home nations to invest). MOST immigrants only open corner Mac stores and they RARELY hire someone local, they hire their own people. Immigration is the reason canada has a massive debt as we speak.
Posted by Aerys 4 years ago
Aerys
Sorry for missing the debate. this is my first one and i did not get any notifications about when to reply to a round. Next one will be better,promise :)
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
You might want to take this to the forum to gather information, and then make a debate for or against it.