Aerys
Badtothebone

Is immigration good for Canada?

Aerys

Pro

For a school project I need to debate whether immigration is good for Canada. I will be pro immigration. I look forward to learning about your views. Also, I don't mind if you use stats for your argument but i am more interested in your views on immigration
(unlike my last debate i will be participating :) )
Badtothebone

Con

immigration has tooo many risks, like hispanics
Aerys

Pro

Aerys forfeited this round.
Badtothebone

Con

But in all seriousness, it will actually provide problems like overcrowding, higher taxes because of more immigrants and less space
Aerys

Pro

Immigration can greatly improve Canada's culture by bringing people from different regions of the world.
Also immigration can provide more skilled workers
Badtothebone

Con

Canada already has a diverse culture. We don't want to be overpopulated like the United States now do we?
Aerys

Pro

Aerys forfeited this round.
Badtothebone

Con

Badtothebone forfeited this round.
Aerys

Pro

Aerys forfeited this round.
Badtothebone

Con

Badtothebone forfeited this round.
Posted by janice.marquis3 2 years ago
janice.marquis3
No the only good thing is different foods. Its driving down wages, alot of culture disrespect women and canadian western culture, everyone should be speaking a common language in canada out of respect for canada and that is ENGLISH, white males are being left behind and not being hired and now the same is happening to white women, there are hundreds of ethnic gangs created from too many cultures coming into canada and alot of men who cannot find employment join gangs, massive immigration is driving down wages in some places the minimum wage is now 6 an hour in BC, there is alot of racism in canada now as immigrants dont change, there are many terrorist cells in canada now as well who are mainly moslem, its unfair that we have the highest unemployment in the G7 nations at 24% and we even bring 1 immigrant here to take a job away from a local canadian who deserves it. A canadian is someone born here not someone who lands here I dont care WHAT the govt says!
Posted by Happyreclusive 3 years ago
Happyreclusive
I don't understand the issue. First, what is "good for Canada"? Second, how would anyone know until you tried it to see if it was "good" or not?

Third, there are some obvious answers. Getting highly skilled, hard-working people into your country generally works out well. Getting thugs and thieves generally does not work out well. Canada might close its eyes and simply take the first thousand people who apply, but that would be risky and silly.

Can you help me by making the question narrower and more specific? Maybe you can provide your first argument so I can see where you're going.

This question is a school project??? I'd be sorely tempted to argument that the question is unfocused and without merit.