Breesewills
brainFreeze

Is is possible to get over your first true love?

Breesewills

Con

I don't believe it is possible, especially if you truly loved this person. Even if you are able to fall in love with someones else, it could never be on the same level of love as it was with your true love.
brainFreeze

Pro

Hello Contender,

Nice of you to commence this debate. I am very much pleasing in debating with you and hope that you win. Wish you all the luck.

However, I am a victim myself of such a situation.
Before we start this debate let me define love according to my perspective.

Love is something that provides you the benefit of being happy beyond your imagination and cannot be expressed in words. Love is basically what your HEART desires.
Breesewills

Con

Hi Contender:

For those of us who have ever completely and willingly fallen in love with someone and it did ended for whatever reason, this kind of love only happens once in lifetime. This is why that " one true love " will always remain embedded in someone's heart and their memories. This imprint stays within us and therefore makes it virtually impossible to forget and move on from that person.
brainFreeze

Pro

Hello Contender,

When I was walking down a road in LA. I saw a sweet girl who got my attention, so I was curious to know who she was, and thought of waiting till she notices me at least once which she did. Being curious I went to her and started a conversation. As the days went by we came closer and closer when all of a sudden I had that one magic night, followed by countless numbers of nights out with each other and created a love BOND. Then One Fine Morning morning when I woke up I saw a message on her phone saying "b there in like 30 mins or so..." which I noticed as the notification popped up on the lock screen. I asked her "Who is that?" She said, it's no-one. Then as you are thinking right now, it was one of her boyfriend. Meaning, she was dating 2 or more person at once. We broke up, end of story.

Then the normal phase of depression comes into play where I was completely broken and hollowed from the inside. This went on for months and then a day arrived where a saw a little dog playing with a girl. The bond between those 2 was immensely powerful that I could see and feel their love all the way where I was mourning for our relationship. Since then, I made up my mind that I will never go back and think of my past ever again and rather would help others to come out from depression and this made me love myself again and helped me move on.

From these 2 things what I understood was that LOVE is something that will always keep someone in positive memories till your last breadth and will always force you to attract that someone special or who you CARE for.
The person who you really care for, the person who you really admire, the person who you really look forward to is the person you love. And trust me it happens. True love can happen more than once as long as you choose the right person.

However, when a person ditches you, or god forbids even meets with a fatal accident, Yes you will have her memories, but if you meet that "RIGHT PERSON" ask your heart? Don't you want a second chance? Keep your hands on your chest and ask again. The answer will be yes and that's how you will realize that Every person will always search for true love and never give up. True love exists my friend believe it or not. It does. I am a victim myself.

Just have faith in yourself and keep moving and one day you will see how powerful true love is and that it does not exist only once in a lifetime but rather as long as You chose it to be.
Breesewills

Con

Hello There:

You make very valid points. However, there are so many factors involved such as the length of time with your previous love and the milestones you experienced together.

I whole heartedly feel the strength of the bond that was built, the memories and milestones shared with this person could never be replicated.

I can tell you from first hand experience,luckily I have been able to fall in love again with the best person that I could have. This person has all the ideal qualities I ever envisioned in my ideal mate. We are experiencing milestones of our own and even taken the next steps towards solidifying our future together. Unfortunately i still have many moments of sadness wondering what if, all what we are experiencing I could have experienced with my first love? Even in moments of complete bliss where I can't catch my breathe and ask myself how lucky I am to have found my future mate, memories of my ex creep up and knock the wind out of me.

I believe we are all moving on to a certain degree either through motivation, will power or just because we have no other choice. However there is only that " One ", the one who you experienced the deepest of a connection with and the memory of them is so vivid down to the detail of what they look like, the sound of their voice, their scent, their quirky imperfections and how that " one " made you feel like no one can. Simply because no two people are the same, one can not replace the other. For these reasons I believe it's not possible to fully get over your first true love.
brainFreeze

Pro

brainFreeze forfeited this round.