noreligion
dstarsong

Is islam the religion of truth?

dstarsong

noreligion

Con

Hello everyone, so i am intrested in debating with muslims since i am an ex Muslim who has memorised 10 ahzab of quaran and studied deeply the sunnah, so here are my points; Is islam the religion of peace for the muslims? Is Islam the religion of science? Is islam the religion of accepting others? When muslims talk about arrogance, arent they the most arrogant people on this planet? Isnt muhammed the one who has premited nikah el mutaa or as for what we say now prostitution? Arent the scholars of islam the people who has divided the muslims into peices? Does god have so much hate that he would take to hell all the non muslims because they havent accepted islam even though they were good people so he will just like that take them to hell? Is it god so unjust that he prefers one race or as you say the religion and the people who have different views are bad people? Why do muslims say that the non beleivers should search for truth and they have to find islam and if they dont than its their fault if they go to hell because they havent used their minds? is it possible that the ulamma of islam are such hypocrites that they can change their religion for their own benefits???? by the way i beleive in god just not in religion. Thank you, waiting for muslim response
dstarsong

Pro

Alright, I just joined this site, so I am unsure of how it all works, so I hope I did not do wrong in pressing the "Accept Challenge" and getting myself into who-knows-what. I am not a scholar, nor do I know EVERYTHING about Islam, but I do want to address the fact that in your explanation, it bothered me when you said that "muslims think of themselves as the better people", or somewhere along the lines of that. As a Muslim, I do not think this way. We are ALL equal, and I have learned that we should never look down upon others because they are, for example, not Muslims or a certain race or etc. Also, God (or Allah) is the most Merciful. Seeing that you are an ex-Muslim, I am going to assume that you already know just how merciful He is, or have learned about it. No one knows who is going to Hell and who is not, only God does. Whether He permits a Christian or Non-believer or etc. into Paradise is NOT our decision to make, only His. As Muslims, we are not supposed to act like missionaries and try to convert everyone we see and talk to, but to only educate them about the religion if they want it. I realize that in Islam it says that Non-believers do not go to Paradise, but from how you said it, it seems like those certain Muslims you talk about make that point obvious and try to stuff it down your throat. I do not believe that this kind of behavior should occur, whether you believe it is true or not. I guess what I'm trying to say is that not all Muslims are like that, and that you shouldn't generalize and say that all Muslims are rude and self-conceited (which is what I got from what you said. Forgive me if that is not what you're saying). Also, many apologies if I messed up your whole idea of debate by pressing the "Accept Challenge" button!
noreligion

Con

Thank you for your response, i would like first to say that in quran or in sunnah, it is mentioned and i don't have to tell you that they do exist that it is said that the people who die as non believers and do not believe in Muhammed as the messenger of Allah will go to hell whatever they do because they are commeting shirk, so ofcourse it is considered that Muslims are arrogant since they think they believe That they are the chosen people and if im wrong tell me, Muhammed his mission was to spread islam everywhere in the world, and thats what he was doing, and also when he went to spread islam he gave the non believers three choices either; They have the right to teach islam in that country or they give jezyya which is a tax or war is declared so please tell me here where is the freedom of religion, the Quran is such a paradox, once it says that there is no impulsion in religion than they do what i have mentioned. is it of any logic that your prophet had 11 wives and your Quran says maximum 4, and he had them all at the same time, it is such hypocrisy. And all of the scholars of islam deny that they have nikah el mutaa which is basically prostitution but when i read sahih muslim i see that it is hallal. Moreover, The Muslims keep saying The quran is a miracle and noone can produce a book like the quran, we advanced so much that now humans created computers, internet, satalites, cloning, which is way more advanced than quran so for me telling its a miracle is just an old story, Thank you and please do not feel offended, i do not mean to offend anyone.
dstarsong

Pro

My friend, I can tell you for one that I am not arrogant. I feel blessed that I was born Muslim, but there are converts as well. They weren't Muslim, but they most likely looked into it thoroughly which led to their decision of being Muslim. Are they the "chosen people", or were they people who found Islam, looked into it, and chose it based on their thoughts and by will?

The Jezzya part is a very good point you bring up. I would first like to say that Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) was not the one to discriminate. If you read other Hadiths you see events in which the Prophet treats Non-Muslims equally. As I said before, our job as Muslims is not to force it onto someone. Think about it: if you try to force a child to do something, will he/she do it? Of course not. This is the same concept. In Islam, you are to not mistreat others. Allah is most forgiving, and He will InshaAllah forgive if you repent and ask him for forgiveness, but there is one thing that He cannot forgive, and that is if you do something wrong to someone else or gossip, or etc. You have to ask forgiveness from that person. When it comes to the topic of war, killing someone for no reason is prohibited, as you may have already known. The times in which there was a war was for self-defense because the Non-Believers started to fight. Here is something that will give you more insight on the topic of Jezzya: http://www.muhammadfactcheck.org...
Please take the time to read it.

You can only have a maximum of 4 wives AT ONCE. Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) did not have 11 wives AT ONCE. That being said, Prophet Muhammad guided the Muslims. His marriages helped set a precedent to different issues and subjects. This means that there is a reason that he married who he did instead of a lot of women who would have had the honor to be his wife. There is no hypocrisy here at all. =)

When it comes to the Quran and being advanced, there are things mentioned and talked about in the Quran that we discovered with newer science.
"On Laylo-til-Qadr(on 27 of Ramadan or on one of the odd nights after the 21st of Ramadan) after Prophet Muhammed had reached the 40th year of his life( around the year 610 A.D.) the revelation of Quran began. And it was continued for approximately 23 yrs, until the Prophet's death, in the 10th yr after Hijra (632 A.D.) so we can say Quran is 1376 yrs old."

A book that has been around for more than a thousand years, and the things discovered that were mentioned in it were discovered in a span of about 100 years!

I do not feel offended at all. Please do not get the notion that I am trying to force anything upon you or am trying to be stuck-up.
noreligion

Con

noreligion forfeited this round.
dstarsong

Pro

If anyone else has any questions or points... Please let me know. =)
Posted by 78iamhere 2 years ago
78iamhere
I am a christian man and I look forward to see how this debate goes.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
noreligiondstarsongTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
noreligiondstarsongTied