GreatFlegger
pimpmaster

Is it Acceptable to be a Homosexual ?

pimpmaster

GreatFlegger

Pro

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong,

Homosexuality is not a choice, a person is born with their sexuality and cannot choose what gender their attracted to or lack thereof,Multiple Scientists have proven this regardless of a person's religious opinion, which is quite frankly irrelevant because there is no evidence for a god or lack threof, even if any god(s) exist there opinions on Homosexuality would be unknown because the existence of God(s) are currently unknown, a person has the right to date whoever they want (as long as there of age) in most western countries including the US, which protects Homosexuality as the US is a secular country and Should not be biased toward any religion as stated in the US Constitution. When the Bible was written, Homosexuality was not understood at the time therefore thought of as strange in most cultures at that time, now with Scientific proof, there is absolute evidence that whether a person is Striaght or Gay/Lesbian, is determined at some point during the pregnancy, and sexuality is usually figured out by an individual on/soon after puberty, so saying Homosexuality is a choice is like saying Skin Color is a choice, it is something determined at birth and cannot be changed at any time.
pimpmaster

Con

I accept your challenge

For the record, I am not religious, nor am I anti-gay. The reason I am accepting this debate is to help you hone your skills. Your argument position is horrible.

1.Irony must be noted here. My opponent is making a secular claim that "gayness" is a predetermined claim that happen prior to birth, set in stone, which forces how this person will behave without choice.

2. My opponent claims a gay individual has no ability to help how they feel. They men like men, and there is nothing they can do about it, therefore we must accept it. Does my opponent feel the same way about other groups that have no choice? Drug addicts, sex addicts, rapists, serial murders, serial daters, serial cheaters" These people also cannot help how they feel or what they do. They have no choice. Any 12 step program will remind you, that you have no choice. Not having a choice does not make it socially acceptable.

3.Choice. One may not have the ability to choose who they are attracted to, but they do have a choice in what they do. Hold hands, kiss, have sex. They also have the choice to do these things in public or in private.

4.Acceptable. If you plan on winning this debate you need to be clear on what this meaningless word means, and what you expect others to do to show they are accepting of gays. You can legislate laws but you cannot legislate emotions. On the surface it seems you are making an argument that gays cannot help how they feel, meanwhile you are criticizing others who are not able to help how they feel. Therefore to make it acceptable, you must alter the "bigots" feelings " yet your position is you cannot alter the gay individuals feelings.
GreatFlegger

Pro

GreatFlegger forfeited this round.
pimpmaster

Con

shocking he didn't show up but created the debate....
GreatFlegger

Pro

GreatFlegger forfeited this round.
pimpmaster

Con

That debate was gay
Posted by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
@whiteflame - I don't think that he saw the vote that was removed and he thought that the vote that you wrote was removed was YOUR RFD. I'm not sure that he is familiar with the vote removal system. He basically thinks that you said this:

'Pro FF but had better conduct. Con won on grammar and spelling and said, "This debate is gay." which was very rude.'

He then said that you misunderstood the definition of gay despite you not actually saying that. It's a misunderstanding.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
@pimpmaster

...I didn't vote. I removed a vote that didn't meet the standards for voting on the site. I'm not expressing my views on the resolution or your arguments, so I don't know why you're attacking my reading comprehension.
Posted by pimpmaster 1 year ago
pimpmaster
@whiteflame Offensive is that you voted and don't know the English language... Oh wait sorry, you must have thought that debate was a male that liked other males... that seems very logical.... I am sorry I offended you. Perhaps with some education you will fell less offended.

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Full Definition of gay
1
a : happily excited : merry <in a gay mood>
b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits
2
a : bright, lively <gay sunny meadows>
b : brilliant in color
3
: given to social pleasures; also : licentious
4
a : homosexual <gay men>
b : of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement>
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: TheResistance// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (S&G, Arguments), 1 point to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF but had better conduct. Con won on grammar and spelling and said, "This debate is gay." which was very rude.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain their allocation of argument points. (2) S&G is insufficiently explained. The voter has to explain why one side's argument was so badly written that it was difficult to understand to award these points.
************************************************************************
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Being gay harms no one however homophobia can harm.
http://www.livescience.com...
http://www.pinknews.co.uk...
http://www.nytimes.com...
Posted by GreatFlegger 1 year ago
GreatFlegger
@cellabin, I am debating on which homosexuality is a choice and wheter or not it should it be accepted to have those feelings
Posted by GreatFlegger 1 year ago
GreatFlegger
Sure, Do you mean your against just homosexuality but not homsexuals ? thats fine.
Posted by ceballin 1 year ago
ceballin
I think you should clarify what it is you'll actually be debating
Posted by matt8800 1 year ago
matt8800
Should leave God out of it and just speak to religion. If there is a God, that would not necessarily mean that religion is valid...it would just mean they got at least one point correct.
There is no way to argue against homosexuality as a moral issue without quoting religious texts.
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
By accepting this debate, I in no way think anything against Homosexuals. May accept this debate?
Vote Placed by SirMaximus 1 year ago
SirMaximus
GreatFleggerpimpmasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better conduct, because Pro forfeited 2 rounds, but Con didn't forfeit any rounds.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
GreatFleggerpimpmasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.