Csavage472
uiop

Is it IRRATIONAL To Disregard BELIEF in God and/or "Supreme Being"???

Csavage472

Pro

Dear Fellow Athiest(s) (haha),

How's everything? First and foremost, I enthusiastically thank you for accepting my challenge so that we can "duke it out," so to speak (haha), on the merits of the issue that I raised that it is "technically" IRRATIONAL for a person to discontinue TOTAL (100%) belief in a Divine Higher Power whom billions around the world interpret as "God."

However, I must specifically say that I am asserting the position that it is irrational for a person to consider him (her)self an "ATHIEST," or one that DIS-believes in the existence of God DOGMATICALLY. I am NOT, of course, referring to one who considers themselves to be an "Agonostic," or who says "You cannot be CERTAIN whether God exists or doesn't exist!!!" In fact, I as a dogmatic Christian, would take the position that an Agonostic is the MOST rational between the Theist and the Athiest.

Thanks again for accepting my challenge and I look forward to conversing with you.

best,
Christian

P.S.: Nevertheless, I just would like to reiterate that regardless of how this debate comes out that I WHOLEHEARTEDLY ***Respect*** you and/or your family's religious beliefs 100%. Take care.
uiop

Con

HELLO

GOD GIVES US THE MIND TO CHOOSE AND DECIDE TO FOLLOW HIM SO IF THEY DONT BELIVE THEN THEY DONT BELIVE . LETS GO BACK THROUGH TIME ALL THE WAY TO ADAM AND EVE (NOT ADAM AND STEVE HAHAH) HE GAVE THEM THE CHOICE NOT TO EAT AT THE THE TREE OF KNOWLEDE BUT EVE CHOICE TO DO SO .THAT WHAT GOD GIVES US THE MIND TO MAKE CHOICES AT OUR OWN WILL
Csavage472

Pro

Thanks, Uiop, for your feedback. I appreciate it greatly. First and foremost, however, let me CLARIFY the direction that I meant to take the debate. It is NOT that I am asserting that people don't have FREEDOM of CONSCIENCE, but rather that I will try to PROVE "beyond a reasonable doubt" that it is MORE RATIONAL for a person to hold belief in an UNSEEN Supreme Being (i.e. "God") than to just simply be a "dogmatic athiest." That, I will assert---while strongly RESPECTING the opinion---is basically CONTRARY to human REASON.

Case in Point---Can you answer the following "Riddle" with CLARITY & REASON (haha)???:

"Imagine that you stumble upon a BEAUTIFUL, SYMMETRICAL, and SOPHISTICATED mechanical device (i.e. a laptop computer or television) in the middle of a DESERTED ISLAND!!!

[...]

Now imagine that there was ABSOLUTELY--NO--EXTERNAL "force" or PERSON that actually put that device on the deserted island!!!

[...]

Therefore, how can a RATIONAL person deduce (reason/interpret) HOW that laptop computer or TV got on the island WITHOUT the assistance of a Third Party???"

haha!!!

Thanks again and take care.
uiop

Con

The rational person cant to be truthful OR if he or she believes in God Or lab tops are not made by humans they are grown on some government funded island HAHAHAH REALLY AND ALL JOKES OUT OF THE WAY HE CANT. I HAVE LOST IM MEAN YOU SOULD GO WORLD WIDE WITH THIS YOU MUST BE A WIZ KID I CANT ANSWER THIS QUSTION WITHOUT SAYING THAT THIS PERSON THINKS THAT GOD PUT IT THERE OR THAT THE LAB THE LAB TOP IS THERE.

WHAT WOULD YOU ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION
Csavage472

Pro

So, I guess I win by DEFAULT (haha)!!!

I mean, it is basically OFFICIAL: it is IRRATIONAL (in the most RESPECTFUL sense, of course) to A-S-S-ume that "God" or a "Divine Supreme Being" does NOT exist, dogmatically.

That is why my personal interpretation is that people who claim to be "athiest" are NOT really such, but are just struggling INTERIORLY trying to "understand" God. In addition, since mankind is by ***nature*** SELF-interested ("selfish," if you will), I would conclude that people--[Myself at the FOREFRONT, of course]--"rationalize" and make "excuses" to NOT believe in God b/c belief in God ***boldly*** implies TRUST in God; and TRUST in God bold implies RESPONSIBILITY to sacrifice one's own SELF-interest desires for "money (greed as manifested in EXTREMES of Laissez-Faire Capitalism), sex, and pleasure!!!"

The irony is that I AGREE 100% that life would be much BETTER if each of us had our own "Genie Lamp" and could "get our WAY" (haha), but, unfortunately, that is NOT the TRUTH so I am going to have to continue to agonize with all of these "responsibilities" [ :( ]!!!

Thanks again and take care.
uiop

Con

uiop forfeited this round.
Posted by PieofLife 7 years ago
PieofLife
As an athiest, I would just like to say that being an athiest doesn't mean you are 100% sure God doesn't exist. Nobody can know anything for CERTAIN, they can just be fairly sure. How can you know for sure that everyone in the world except for you isn't a flesh-eating alien from outer space in disguise? You can't be sure. But you probably are fairly sure. Of course, there are more reasons to believe in God than to believe that everybody you know is an alien. But you get my point. Being an athiest means that you are fairly sure that there is no god. At least, that is my definition of athiest.
Posted by uiop 8 years ago
uiop
GOD IS REAL AND YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT THAT
Posted by uiop 8 years ago
uiop
Not in the slightest. It's fully rational to decide to do whatever you want. Whether you believe in God or not, free will exists.

And that gives you the choice to not believe. :)
Vote Placed by uiop 8 years ago
uiop
Csavage472uiopTied
Vote Placed by Csavage472 8 years ago
Csavage472
Csavage472uiopTied
Vote Placed by malmal16 8 years ago
malmal16
Csavage472uiopTied
Vote Placed by C4747500 8 years ago
C4747500
Csavage472uiopTied