Jesusman
Lovewhatmatters

"Is it OK to be naked in front of your kids?"

Jesusman

Con

There is an incessant debate whether it is ok for kids to see their parents naked. While parents who walk naked in front of their kids do that as a show of self-acceptance and a show of their rights to be naked, others see it as scaring the kids for life and inappropriate. I will use psychology, the Bible and logic to make my case. Anyone to bring a contrary view?
Lovewhatmatters

Pro

Contention 1: Kids should not be sheltered.
Contention 2: Natural rights. If letting your child see you naked makes you happy then you can go ahead and do it.
Contention 3: Everyone is different. Some people are very close to their kids and do not care what they think of them and their bodies.
Jesusman

Con

Contention 1: I believe that kids from 0-3 years should not be sheltered, but any age above that should be sheltered from the parents' nakedness because it will make the child precocious and pruned to the Electra or Oedipus complexes (Oedipal Stage-Freud). It may also awaken the spirit of incest.

Contention 2: I agree that people have natural rights. However, the society serves as a check valve to balance our egos. Considering that from 3 and above the child attains the Premoral Stage (Lawrence Kholberg), so he or she knows that there are boundaries. The genitals of the parents are something that should be beyond their reach. ,

Contention 3: Some people may be close to their kids but that does not mean that their genetic make up has been altered. There is not a single person that is not influenced by nudity, no matter their affinity tot he other person,especially if he or she is beautiful or handsome.
Lovewhatmatters

Pro

Lovewhatmatters forfeited this round.
Jesusman

Con

Jesusman forfeited this round.
Lovewhatmatters

Pro

Lovewhatmatters forfeited this round.
Jesusman

Con

Jesusman forfeited this round.
Lovewhatmatters

Pro

Lovewhatmatters forfeited this round.
Jesusman

Con

Jesusman forfeited this round.
Lovewhatmatters

Pro

Lovewhatmatters forfeited this round.
Posted by Jesusman 2 years ago
Jesusman
Latinagirl8895, I agree with you.
Alwaysright12345 no, I am not but the bible is one of the canons I use to formulate my theory.
Posted by LatinaGirl8894 2 years ago
LatinaGirl8894
To a point I do not see a problem with this. Once they are older than 2 or 3 I would think it is starting to get inappropriate.
Posted by AlwaysRight12345 2 years ago
AlwaysRight12345
Are you taking things from the Bible to be the inevitable truth?