Is it Okay for States to support the Rebel Flag?

Do not use words that can be viewed as offensive
Do not use profanity
Do not attack your opponent
1- Acceptance
2- State your opinion
3- State your argument
4-State facts to back up your argument
I accept this challenge and look forward to debating with you.

The confederate flag is a symbol of racism, slavery and hatred. It helped shape the USA's dark period similar to the aboriginal genocide when the idiot italian christopher columbus accidentally 'discovered' a country where people already lived.
The USA people hide behind the USA constitution to legitimize their right towards open racism. I don't agree with people advertising their offensive behavior i.e. flying the confederate flag but I choose to live in the USA so I'm forced to accept their bible, the USA constitution.

The Confederate or Rebel Flag in my opinion symbolizes hatred towards blacks. It shows that the people who supports that flag also supports racism, and that blacks should still be slaves. In my opinion their is no other way to look at the rebel flag but as a symbol that belies blacks are less than white or even animals.

A recent longitudinal study found no link between violent video games and youth violence.
The research, led by psychologist Christopher Ferguson and published in the Journal of Communication, not only found that there was no link between violent media and behaviour but also questioned the methodology of previous studies suggesting the two were related.

We"re not going to give this guy an excuse about a book he might have read, or a movie he watched or a song he listened to, or a symbol" Graham said yesterday on CNN. "It"s him. It"s not the book, it"s not the movie, it"s not the flag.~U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican from South Carolina

Blame should start at the source then to one's parents, friends, and white supremacy groups. At the end of the day, symbols are for the symbol-minded.

An aside: Humans belong to the animal kingdom so we're all animals.

George Orwell wrote 'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.' This is the classic double standard in the USA.

Because of the strong support for the Confederate flag among many South Carolina voters, some political scientists have said that advocating for flag removal is the equivalent of political suicide in the state"Republican Governor David Beasley lost his 1998 campaign for re-election partly because he wanted to take down the flag.

"Defenders of the flag are going to say, "if the flag had been taken down and put away, this senseless act would have happened anyway, this would have not deterred this young man from taking a gun and killing these people,'" he told TIME. But even though he"s less than optimistic, he thinks the massacre in Charleston has brought the legislature "closer to moving it than ever before."

I chose those two paragraph because they are examples of how the hold the Rebel Flag has on a State. The two paragraphs are referring to the incident that happened in an Historic Black church which also was the host of a killing spree. Which law officers are saying was "Racially Motivated"

Racism isn't something that you were born with, but is something that is taught. I know you may be thinking, " Well what does this have to do with the Confederate or Rebel Flag?" To answer your question the rebel flag influence individuals, because of its symbol/ meaning. Also if you notice in paragraph one it says that the Governor of the state lost his election because he wanted to remove the Rebel Flag.

In paragraph two it says that even without the flag the incident could have still happened, and that is true. However I still believe that the rebel flag had an Influence in it.

According to the first amendment to the American Constitution, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[i]" - See more at:

To the aboriginal americans, the USA constitution is a symbol of white supremacy created by slave owners. Should we also censor it because it symbolizes our dark past? See founding fathers slave owners; The considerable investment of Southern Founders in slave-based staple agriculture, combined with their deep-seated racial prejudice, posed additional obstacles to emancipation.

"First Amendment freedoms are most in danger when the government seeks to control thought or to justify its laws for that impermissible end. The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.""Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, Ashcroft V. Free Speech Coalition

South Carolinians and confederate flag supporters in general are nostalgic about racism and white supremacy and it's perfectly within their civil liberties to not censor their actions. The USA constitution protects their passions for hate, racism, pro-slavery, etc.

"Censorship reflects a society"s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime" " Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart, dissenting Ginzberg v. United States, 383 U.S. 463 (1966)

I disagree with confederate supporting fucktards but must accept the 200+ year old, myopic, white supremacist symbol known as the USA constitution.

Focus on healthy parenting, healthy mates, healthy relationships and leave symbols to the symbol-minded!

Below is an Article from Huffington Post website, It takes place in Summerville, SC one of the states that support The Confederate Flag. Caddell is a white woman 56 who live in an prominently black neighborhood. She wore he Rebel Flag proudly even after been asked several times to remove it.

Caddell, who describes herself as a Republican with tea party leanings, said her affection for the flag stems not just from her personal history, but from a mistrust of the federal government. Nearly five years later, she said everyone has long since moved on from the quarrel over her yard.

"It's all calmed down. Nobody's aggravated with me anymore," Caddell told The Huffington Post in an interview on her porch. "They understand it's not a racial thing with me, which I'm very thankful for, because it never was."

Things have certainly calmed down, but Caddell shouldn't be so sure that the aggravation has dissipated.

"Blown over? Nothing's blown over," said Rollins Edwards, 93, who lives two doors from Caddell and served as the first African-American member of the Dorchester County council. "We don't want nothing to remind us of slavery in the morning. To look over there at that flag, I don't like it.

"People come by here and stare in disbelief that that flag is flying in this neighborhood," Rollins, a World War II veteran, added.

The bottom line is the Rebel Flag should not be upheld in any state in America, because of its meaning. It is a constant reminder of slavery , and that the South didn't want to abolish slavery and that the Rebel Flag was its flag. Therefore anyone who supports the Rebel Flag is basically saying they supported the south during the war which means they believe blacks should still be slaves. I think I have provided more than enough evidence to support my argument.

I'm against the confederate flag as a racist symbol and also against censorship. 'Being offended is a way of rejecting or denying something at odds with one's value system. Which means offense, as a state of being, isn't so much about the thing doing the offending"a song about penises, hearing the word "terdburglar," the existence of Lady Gaga"but a mirror into the way a person believes the world ought to be.'~ADRIENNE LAFRANCE
People choose to be offended.

The USA constitution wins, no censorship.

you might enjoy this expose on Australia's reaction to a mass shooting similar to the south carolina mass shooting, smart folks 'down-under'
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 1 year ago
>Reported vote: saboosa // Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: I feel that people have the choice to support whichever side they choose under freedom of choice - PRO supported my opinion.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) Votes based on personal bias.
Posted by ellis274 1 year ago
I honestly can't tell which side "jakscrow" is on. Are for or against states sporting a Confederate Flag