zwalker0412
Jonbonbon

Is it a woman's responsibility to perform all household chores, child care, and husbands sexual act?

Jonbonbon

zwalker0412

Con

A woman should not be expected to perform household chores, child care, as well as her husbands sexual needs for if a man and a woman are married they are to perform the acts of living together equally and efficiently. If the woman doesn't have a job or is between jobs she should also not be expected to clean up after you for she is your wife and companion not your maid or mother. This woman should not be expected to perform a husbands sexual acts because if she is not willing to do so she shouldn't have to and a husband is in no place to force her to do anything.
Jonbonbon

Pro

1) The husband is generally the provider for the family. If this is the case (as my opponent specified in the argument), then who the crap is going to do all the cleaning and child care? Certainly we're not going to make the child do it. Woman are also better with kids. We give childbirth, so we have a greater attachment and feeling of responsibility. [2]

2) It's a small price to pay compared to the men. In the realm of chivalry, men actually put themselves in a lower position than the woman. They open the door. They buy the dinner. They go through the stresses of work. They have to partake in military conscription. This actually contributes to the fact that men have 3 times the suicide rate as women. Cleaning the house is like the least of a woman's problems. We get preserved through the process. [1]

3) Sex is fun, no matter what gender you are. It creates a rush of dopamine and is designed so it's a pleasurable experience. It's fun to have sex with your husband. [3]

4) If someone's lesbian then who is it that does the work? Well women would be doing the work. Do they hire a male to come do it? No, that's just reversing the problem. You have to take these things into account now. [3]

-------------------------------------

[1] http://psychcentral.com...

[2] logic

[3] common sense
zwalker0412

Con

1) I believe that yes a husband can be the provider for the family but a woman does that as well. A woman in this day and age will go to work and receive a well paying job and in doing so no longer has to lean on her husband. I think that today in the modern world women don't nor do they need to lean on men now.

2)" They open the door. They buy the dinner. They go through the stresses of work. They have to partake in military conscription." this statement is more than false. A woman more times then not offers to pick up the bill at a restaurant and the man often believes that he must pick up the bill but normally a married couple shares the times in which they pay for the bills. Moving on many women are CEO's, high ranking business personnel, etc. To say that only men go through the stresses of work is entirely absurd ; My mother Courtney Walker is the Vice President of Nova Home Loans and has to go through and deal with management issues; and her Loan office team's inner issues and "drama." Need I remind you that women Can and do go into the United States Military Services.

3) You are correct Sex is fun but you must take into account that women do sometimes have days where they aren't in the mood. A woman can have a difficult day or just a bad day and when she gets home or when her man gets home she doesn't want to have sex or anything she just wants to go to bed.
Jonbonbon

Pro

I'm going to address some of the points in the last post and explain my position further:

1) My opponent's response to this point is entirely illogical. He basically has outlined a world where a woman does not need to lean on the man. He, however, did not offer the alternative to the status quo as to who's putting in the work at home. Listen, this is basics stuff. Someone has to put in the work at home unless they want to end up on Hoarders, disgraced on tv. Even in a situation where a woman is single because she doesn't need a man, she is still going to have to do work at home. I'm basically just saying that since men generally have the mindset to go out and get a job to support a family, it's logical that the woman do the work at home. It's not degrading to the woman. It's just like having a job, and you get paid in sex and love. What's better than that?

2) The attack here is entirely straw man to my second point, because my opponent has stepped outside of my argument parameters where I specified my argument would be presented "in the realm of chivalry."

3) The attack is just that woman aren't always in the mood. There's no warrant or explanation offered.

I would also like to point out my opponent hasn't addressed my fourth point.

-------------------------------

To explain my points further, I'm just going to lay it out in a simple manner. Generally men are the ones with the mind to do work to earn money for the family. I don't think anyone can really disagree with that. Yes, some women do that as well, but usually it's also just a side job. I can give personal examples too. My mom works a side job, but my dad works for the salary that supports the family. My mom just adds some cash. Does she do house work? The answer is yes.

Since humans are too various to be able to even debate this under absolutes, we can't say that if one human shows a valid example against the resolution my opponent wins. My opponent must provide evidence that more often than not, women should be the ones providing money for the family and dads stay at home. My opponent so far has just offered examples and anecdotes to support his side. It can't really be substantiated yet. I've at least used one card of evidence, while my opponent has used none.
zwalker0412

Con

Ms. I can understand what you are staying for you are correct humans are far to varied to simply provide 1 example of a woman who provides for her family. But if you would like more examples I will elaborate:

Ms. Judith Schaefer:
Age: 42
Occupation: Teacher
How does she pertain to the argument: working at Tucson Country Day School for 4-6 years and has a daughter, Eebee, and a Boyfriend, who doesn't work, and she provides all the money for bills and other amenities.

Ms. Colleen Johnson
Occupation: Teacher
How does she pertain to the argument: Working at Tucson Country Day School for 6 years and has a daughter, 5 or younger, with no husband and provides for her daughter 100% no questions asked.

Ms. Sarah Jayne
Occupation: Teacher
How does she pertain to the argument: Newest teacher at Tanque Verde High School has a son and daughter, never married, and provides for all of her children needs as well as financial needs.

Mrs. Courtney Walker
Occupation: Loan Officer
How does she pertain to the argument: Has two kids Me and Savannah, married, My mom provides for all financial needs and her husband, my dad, has a job but just to provide for other luxuries.

All of these women do not lean on a man for financial aide in anyway. Now I understand that these are only four examples but this is also to disprove my opponents point that "Yes, some women do that as well, but usually it's also just a side job." These women have regular full time jobs or in the Case of teachers a 100% full time job.

I believe that society as a whole needs to accept that women are equal to men and that men can and should do housework as well for it isn't degrading or demeaning it is simply helping out.

------------------------------------------------------------

And if I may say I am not arguing that a man should stay home and a woman should work I am saying that a woman should not be expected to come home from work and do a list of household chores (e.g Dishes, Laundry, washing floors, dusting, etc.), child care (e.g Helping with homework, curfew enforcement, lights out enforcement, etc.), and to for fill her husbands sexual needs. I am trying to argue that a husband can help out just a tiny bit maybe for sometime he take over the household chores while she takes care of the children; or the other way around.

and may I ask for a simple explanation:

Posted by Jonbonbon 7 hours ago
Jonbonbon Wow, kbub. Calm down. No body ever said anything about rape... Although, personally, I wouldn't mind.
Report this Comment

Posted by kbub 9 hours ago
kbub You call that "fun"!?
Report this Comment

Posted by kbub 9 hours ago
kbub Jonbonbon! Do you realize how many women are raped by their husbands!?

[1] There are about 89,000 rape cases reported annually in the united states. 16% of those cases are from women who were experienced attempted or completed rape. 38% of those cases are rape victims raped by a friend or an acquaintance and 26.6% of those cases happen in the victims home. This isn't counting the 60% of cases that are never reported. So Ms. Jonbonbon if you find the subject of rape victims or rape as "fun" or even remotely enjoyable then I think you should ask the women who have contemplated suicide or those who have been forced to have their rapists baby.

I didn't argue your 4th point because there wasn't anything to argue about.

[1] http://www.statisticbrain.com...
Jonbonbon

Pro

I would like to start off by saying "more than one"," I wasn't asking for four. I was asking for a statstic. There are approximately 158.6 million women in America. Four examples is not the majority.

I'm arguing under a premise I set because you didn't set a clear premise. I picked one that was fair, because it sounds like you're arguing that if you can prove a man should pick up his gum wrappers but has no other obligations then you win. That's a super unfair debate and is counterproductive to education. I'm arguing under the general premise of women doing almost all the work, and the hyperbolic language would say "all the work."

For my next point regarding rape, I'd like to say that no where do you address "rape by husband." That's what I think might be fun. Besides, even you said sexual "needs." I will define that as "require (something) because it is essential or very important." [2] I'd say a wife should care enough to give her husband what he needs.

As for the comments, you may ask me about my stance on getting raped by my husband, but you're not allowed to use the comments section in the debate. It is to be left out of the RFD.

-----------------

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...

[2] http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
zwalker0412

Con

Please understand that Sex is not needed in a relationship. If you have a relationship purely built on sex then it isn't a relationship at all it is two people having sex and no romantic relationship.

"I'd say a wife should care enough to give her husband what he needs." If a wife didn't want to have sex with her husband because she was too sore from the night before or simply too tired for doing household chores and taking care of the children and the husband decided that he was to have sex with her anyway that is [1]"the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse" and[2] that is a crime.

This will be my closing statement for I am done repeating the same words constantly in everyone of my statements.

Plenty of single parents (woman single parents) survive on there own with no one to lean on especially no man to lean on. A man should at least pick up after himself as well as try to take stress off the woman shoulders because it will show her that you care and that you want to make her happy. a woman shouldn't be expected to do everything around the house while the man sits on his butt and watches football or other sports program. thank you goodnight I will see this at the voting

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com...
[2] http://dictionary.law.com...
Jonbonbon

Pro

Well, I guess we won't have much of a round five. My opponent has chosen not to make his position entirely clear. I'm going to argue with what I have.

1) My opponent has not addressed my fourth contention and decided it wasn't something to debate. It's still a determining factor, and my opponent has explicitly conceded it.

2) My second contention was also not attacked in the last round showing concession that I win that point.

3) In the last post, my opponent did two things wrong:

A: He told me what rape is then said that if a man wants to have sex with his wife when she's not in the mood then that's rape. He has yet to give a single statistic as to when that happens and has not given any logical reasoning as to why that's necessarily rape. Even further, I ask that you keep in mind that my opponent actually got this argument from the comments section, which according to my knowledge is off limits.

B: He used the example of single moms who don't need a man. Let's think about this. We're not debating whether a woman needs a man. We're debating whether she should do the house chores and child care (sexual acts are thrown out in this scenario as they are no longer applicable), and the answer is yes! She has to do it, because she's a single mom. There's no one else to do it besides maybe the kids, but we can be talking about a two year for all we know.

4) My opponent has also not addressed my interpretation/observation about the resolution, which means we have to consider this under my premise. I do not have to advocate that a husband "sits on his butt and watches football or other sports program." I just have to argue that it should be the responsibility of the woman, and the man may help under my side as well.

Now, we technically have another round, but I guess my opponent has chosen not to expand on his arguments. He is correct in saying that he's been saying the same thing over and over, but I, however, have had at least a slight progression in my arguments as far as my opponent's repetitive arguments have allowed me. I suppose for the last round will be ended by saying "the end" or something of the sort. At any rate, I ask for the vote in my favor.
zwalker0412

Con

Obviously to spare my opponents pride please do vote for her because this entire argument she has been repeating her words and turning the argument the way she wishes it to go. Readers I do apologize for this and I wish I could have done more but given my opponents statements it was quite impossible.

-----------------
To clear a few things up

1. I don't remember reading or even seeing this "rule book" that my opponent references or I expect is referencing because she claims that the comment section is "off limits"

2. If a woman doesn't want to have sex and tells the person who wishes to have sex that she is not willing to do so and he does it anyway then it is considered rape. Plain and simple

3. I believe that my opponent has driven the argument in her favor. She was the one who drove the argument into the "A woman doesn't need a man" I was simply trying to get my point across on that matter.

If you so believe that my opponent put up a better effort than i did then so be it vote for her. If not then please do vote for me simply because I think i got my point across quite nicely.
Jonbonbon

Pro

"I don't remember reading or even seeing this "rule book" that my opponent references or I expect is referencing because she claims that the comment section is off limits"

There are rules all over the place on this website (especially in the DDO section of the forums where questions may be posed). It's not my fault that my opponent didn't find them.

"If a woman doesn't want to have sex and tells the person who wishes to have sex that she is not willing to do so and he does it anyway then it is considered rape. Plain and simple."

Knowing a defintion doesn't affirm the subjects its existence in a specific context nor prove its an issue.

"I believe that my opponent has driven the argument in her favor. She was the one who drove the argument into the 'A woman doesn't need a man' I was simply trying to get my point across on that matter."

Yes, unfortunately for my opponent, the argument worked in my favor. As the opposition, it's my obligation to point that out.

"If you so believe that my opponent put up a better effort than i did then so be it vote for her."

Well, I may have a few grammar errors, but my opponent had an incredible amount. I also provided sources for things that mattered. I provided relevant arguments. I addressed everything, and my opponent dropped points. If that doesn't constitute putting in more effort, then I don't know what exactly does.

"If not then please do vote for me simply because I think i got my point across quite nicely."

I didn't feel the same way.

I ask for the vote in my favor, thank you for reading.
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
Trollololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
Which is a dropped point :P it means you conceded it. I actually didn't even agree with my side in its entirety XD I just saw this and thought it would be fun.
Posted by zwalker0412 3 years ago
zwalker0412
@Jonbonbon I didn't argue the point about lesbian couples because I agreed with it not because I was being lazy or because I just dropped it. it was a point that I agreed with you were correct with that matter
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
Hey, zwalker0412, could, you like put "the end" or something at the end so we don't have to wait three days?
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
Wow, kbub. Calm down. No body ever said anything about rape... Although, personally, I wouldn't mind.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
You call that "fun"!?
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Jonbonbon! Do you realize how many women are raped by their husbands!?
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
I was going down the resolution. I'll explain my points further in my next speech.
Posted by CaptainDaveyJones 3 years ago
CaptainDaveyJones
I believe the instigator didn't make his or her argument very specific and has found the contender naturally arguing against points that he or she didn't make. For instance, the instigator never said that sex wasn't normally enjoyable, just that a wife shouldn't be EXPECTED to perform sexual acts. If she wishes to, she should. If she doesn't wish to at the time, she shouldn't. I believe that was the intended argument in that case.

The instigator should make his or her views more clear.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
zwalker0412JonbonbonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's conduct was better at one point con even suggested the voters give her the win, out of frustration. Pro's arguments were superior and not well refuted.