Debating_Horse
Hadipeno

Is it acceptable that you should not hit a woman even though she has attacked you first?

Hadipeno has forfeited round #1.

Debating_Horse

Con

Yes during my lifetime, I've overheard this question, "so yes Brian, even though a girl hits you, just don't do anything." I strongly disagreed! But yes if she has a particular logical reason to hit you, then that is different. What I am saying is if she hates you or your presence and just decides to hit you to the point that you may develop scars or bruises to your face, should you have the right to defend yourself and attack your attacker? Please answer! I just want to settle this because it has been a thought lingering in my mind for a very long time! I heard this at work today too so please let's discuss! And share so we may settle this for once and for all! Thank you! Be civil too! I'd hate to see insults being thrown at each other! Make this something interesting to talk about! Thank you! Now go!
Posted by Hadipeno 4 months ago
Hadipeno
If the woman has hit you for no apparent reason other than anger and rage (just PURE ASSAULT, no other reason than that) and is showing no signs of stopping, it would be justified and acceptable to pacify her by assault; since she is attacking you for no reason yes it is acceptable because it falls under the category of self-defense. Gender does not matter in this scenario; if anybody has hit you for no other reason than to assault and harm you, it is acceptable to fight back. However, the only times it would be unacceptable is if there was a reason attached to the assault (break up, cheating, rudeness, or causing emotional pain before her assaulting you, etc.).
Posted by Hadipeno 4 months ago
Hadipeno
Posted by Emilrose 4 months ago
Emilrose
Presuming that you're being physically attacked; the response is surely to run or call the police (or both.)