Is it all right to commit Adultery if you ask for Forgiveness?

Is It All Right To Commit Adultery...if You
Ask For Forgiveness?

To some of you this may sound like a stupid question. Yet the real question is simply this, is it all right to sin if Jesus died for our sins. If Jesus died for our sins then it was seem that all we have to do is ask for forgiveness after we sin and that will make everything o.k.

There are a lot of Christians who are on death role for murder, vicious rapes, forceful assault and battery, who feel in Jesus's eyes they have done no wrong. At least feel that Jesus is not upset about it and as long as they consider themselves as Christians, all will be forgiven. They believe that as long as you are Christian, as far as Jesus is concern you have a Get Out Of Hell card in yourpocket.

If one was to take a tally of have many Christians there are in jail or waiting execution for death role, I am sure it would not surprise anyone that they make up the majority by a large margin. When someone asks why this is that so many Christians commit crime, it can only be because they feel that no matter what they do against God's Ten Commandments, they are assured a mansion in Heaven.

We even see people who are not Christians or who are even atheist, joining the Christian religion upon their final days on death role, just so that they can get into Heaven. Why worry about Hell or doing right and being good if all you have to do before you die after murdering, stealing, and doing wrong is say I am a Christian, forgive me Jesus. Or Hail Mary, count some beads, father I have sin, erase that off my chart, but keep the eraser close by, cause I am not through yet.

If one knows that there is a speed sign posted for 55 miles per hour, but also know that all of the police are on strike. How many people do you think is going to obey the speed zone? If your parents tell you that you must be home before midnight and you stroll in at six in the morning from the pancake house, knowing that all you have to say to them is oh, yeah, I'm sorry, forgive me. How many times do you think those children are really going to try to beat it home before midnight instead of hanging out with their friend before rolling to the house?

Simply what I am saying is, if you can have your cake and eat it too, then why wouldn't you. As long as Christians keep saying that Jesus died for their sins, the more likely that they will feel that it is all right to sin since Jesus paid for it in advance, why not use it. If you went to dinner at a fine restaurant and the owner says the food is on the house, would you insist on paying. Or if he told you that your father paid for your dinner already, would you feel obligated to pay for your meal again.

As long as you believe that Jesus have paid for your sins, even though no where in the bible does Jesus say this, then what is wrong with sinning if you don't have to pay for it. It like someone giving you a free credit card with all expenses paid up front by someone else. Would you worry about how much you charge on it, knowing that it is an unlimited debt free card. You would sin not only for yourself, but for your friends and family too. You would buy everything in the store, shop until you drop, commit sin on a daily basis since someone has already paid your account in full.

If you are hungry and you go into an all you can eat buffet, knowing that you can eat and eat all that you want for the same price. Tell me, are you going to just have a salad. Of course not, you are going to stuff yourself until you heart and stomach is content. If a Christian does wrong and is forgiven for it, and later get the desire to do wrong again, is he going to not do wrong a second time or remember oh, yeah, it's a free buffet, I can sin until my heart content. I can't wait until I get out of jail so I can do some more wrongs.

The apostle Paul addressed this question eloquently. My opponent is trying to say, and he can correct me if I'm misunderstanding, the being a Christian, knowing your sins are forgiven, is a license to sin. If anybody thinks they have a license to sin, I have to doubt that they are a Christian. A person in whom Jesus Christ resides knows we do not deserve to live and may at any moment be punished or put to death for any sin. If you take for granted that God will look the other way when you sin, you are tempting God and He may execute whatever punishment He sees fit. Sin always has natural consequences, and God may give you enough rope to hang yourself with if that is what you want to do. God wants you to come back to Him and agree wtih Him in taking sides with Him agaisnt your sin to honor His name. He created you to show He is good, not to let you put on a show of rebellion. If God dealt with us all now according to what we deserve, none of us would be here, we would be executed and brought into the final judgement. God is merciful to all.

Romans Chapters 3-8 deal with this topic in detail. Noboby has a license for sin, Christian or non-Christian. Chapter six reads:
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound ? 2 God forbid . How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein ? 3 Know ye not , that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed , that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10 For in that he died , he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth , he liveth unto God. 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin , because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid . 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey ; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you . 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed ? for the end of those things is death. 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Trying to prove that you are a better person than Christians you have observed will not absolve you of your own personal guilt. My experience has taught me that people who take this line of argument agasint the reality of Jesus Christ generally are looking for excuses by which they can justify themselves in their pride; thinking they are good or no worse than Christians they have observed. They think they surely have the right to exist outside of the fire of Hell when they can see faults in Christians who say their sins are forgiven and they know they are going to heaven. The truth of the matter is that nobody has the right to exist outside of the fire of Helll if God Himself has not paid for their sins with His own blood, and risen from the dead to be their justifier, forgiving them and saving them from Hell.

Pointing a finger at Christians who behave badly (well, they say they are Christians but their actions are not matching what they say) will not excuse you from your own sins. Every morning when I wake up I thank God for His mercy because I know I do not deserve to live, I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell, I know I'm a sinner........and I know my sins are forgiven.

Even the apostle Paul wrestled with sin in his life. Sin is sin, a little whie lie is just as ugly of a sin in God's sight as adultery.
The thought of foolishness is sin. All unrighteousness is sin. We are all sinners and none of us has a license to live as sinners. Excusing your sin and saying you have the right to exist outside of Hell because Christians say they are saved from Hell and their faults to you are glaring is a fatal mistake which will take you to Hell if you are not saved from your sins.

No,No,No,No,No. My dear friend you are not forgiven for your sins! You will have to answer for everything that you do during your lifetime. As I said, Jesus said to get into Heaven, you must obey the ten commandments and give unto the needy. Only the Christians lies to you and tell you that you can disobey the ten commandment and pay your way into Heaven through given tithes to a church.

Read the bible, which I stress is only a man written history book, it does not tell you anywhere, where Jesus said it was all right to commit sin as long as you give your preacher your tithes. For those who try to tell you that Jesus died for your sins, even though you will not find that in the bible. In the bible if you believe that Jesus came back from the dead, which he did not, then you must obey what the fake Jesus told you to do. Pick up the serpent and drink all deadly things. If you claims to worship Jesus who rose from the dead. Jesus(the imposter) said to prove that you believe in me you are to pick up the serpent and drink all deadly things.

I have not seen a Christian yet that have followed what Jesus(the imposter) told them. Go to this website it will explain why Jesus was crucified, not for your sins, but for his own betrayal to God after he went up on the mountain with Satan. Before that he said there is none good but my father in Heaven. He said that no man can serve two masters, for if you love one, you must hate the other (in order words if you say you love me Jesus then you are saying you hate God).

After he went upon the mountain with Satan, he later said that he was the way and you should worship him just like you worship God. That was when God knew that he had to destroy him. Jesus was crucified by God because he betrayed God by instead of leading the people to God, as he was sent by God to do, instead he allowed Satan to persuade him to lead the people to himself and this is why God crucified him. Also in the bible it tell you that before Jesus died, he told the people that there will be many (Catholic,Protestant,Baptist,Evangelist,etc,etc,) who shall come in my name and they shall deceive you. Check out the site there is a book there that explains all.

Do not let Christianity trick you into Hell, believing that it is o.k. to sin. Jesus said obey the ten commandments and give unto the needy. Jesus never said that it all right to sin if you say Hail Mary and count ju-ju beans.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, My dear opponent, my sins are completely forgiven. They have been paid for by God Himself with His own blood in Jesus Christ. Nobody can keep the law of God, we all deserve to die and burn in Hell. That is why God paid our debt with His own blood. He loves us so much He died in our place to save us from Hell if we will admit that we are the ones who deserve to die for our sins, believe Jesus died in our place, and rose from the grave offering forgiveness to all who receive Him as their Saviour, and call on God in Jesus' name to save us. This is what God wants, to give us eternal life through the remission of our sins sins He paid for them Himself with His own blood.

Nobody ever told me that I could disobey the ten commandments and pay my way into Heaven through giving tithes to a church. Jesus is the Way to Heaven, and He paid for me to go to Heaven with His own blood. He is the truth, and the life. Life is eternal with Him. I have eternal life because He took my death and gives me His life. If anybody told you that you could disobey, or even obey, the ten commandments, and pay your way into Heaven through giving tithes to a church, they lied to you. I never heard anything like that myself. I have heard of that sort of thing in Catholicism where they can pay money to the Cahtolic Church as pennance for the priest to say their sins are absolved. That is a lie. Only God's own blood can take away our sins. He took our sins on Himself when he died in our place as the sacrificial Lamb of God, the only full payment of our sins that can satisfy God so He can pardon us from Hell.

I really don't know what you are trying to say here. You asked to debate the question of whether or not adultery is ok as long as you ask forgiveness after you do it. Do you really want to commit adultery, and you are trying to make yourself feel better about it? That is like saying "is murder ok as long as I ask forgiveness from God after I kill somebody?' , or is it ok for me to rob people as long as I ask them to forgive me after they give me their money?" Are you serious?

Do you want to make this a different debate than what the title is about? Do you want to change the title of this debate to?

What are you trying to say?

REVERENDREAL forfeited this round.

I guess the Rrrrreverrrennddddddd Real realy was trying to say that he thinks he has the right to exist outside of the fire of Hell as a sinner. I have to disagree, we all deserve to die and burn in Hell.

It is never ok to commit adultery, but that really is not what the fake Reverend was trying to say in this debate. He was trying to say that he does not believe he is going to burn in Hell because he thinks he is too good for it. He has a chip on his shoulder against Christians, that's all

I wonder what petty crimes (or major crimes) the fake Rev thinks are ok for him to do when nobody is looking, and he forgives himself for it telling himself that it's ok? Even if we imagine taking something that does not belong to us, it's the same as theft in the attitude of our hearts and God hates it......the thought of stealing is covetousness, and that though is agaisnt God. To look on a woman with lust in your heart is committing adultery in your heart. God sees your heart and He hates the tiniest sin such as a little white lie the same as He hates adultery.

I am agreeing with the fake Rev here on his postion that it is never ok to commit adultery, but that really is now the point he was trying to make. His point is nothing but an attemp to justify himself and his bad attitude, and in that he has failed.

Saying you are sorry does not change the fact that what you did was wrong. Never. But you sure need to say sorry if you have done something wrong, and you sure need to say sorry to God. Forgiveness of God does not require the forgiveness of people. If you commit adultery, and the spouse of your partner in crime makes you pay dearly for it, you deserve to pay dearly for in and you deserve the punishment. If you honestly take sides with God against your sin, He will show you His mercy in that He died in your place and gave His own blood in Jesus Christ to pay for your sin so you can be forgiven. In your body, you will still have to go through the death process which is the penalty for your crimes, but you will not have to burn in Hell if you receive Jesus Christ as your God, your Saviour, the payment for your sins so you can be covered by His blood and not have to pay with your own life in Hell. The only way you can be justified is if your sin is paid for. God Himself paid for your sin by His death as the Son of God. If His payment was not good enough for you, then you will pay forever becasue paying will not change you, it will not undo the things you have done, you can never fully pay becasuse you can't stop being a sinner and as a sinner you belong in Hell. If Jesus Christ is your life, He is eternal life, and He will receive you in life everlasting when the death of your sin-stricken body is finalized. he will give you a new body like His resurrected body which can never be encumbered or pulled down in corruption of sin again.
Posted by ReformedPresbyterian72598 1 year ago
Why is this even on here? Are Christians this weak in the faith? To commit adultery is against God'd law and is, therefore, not to be done on any circumstance whatsoever. To sin that grace may abound is the opposite of keeping your heart and mind in the things of God. People need to read their Bibles, there's obviously a good majority that don't. Life, indeed, means God is good. Good in the fact that Love conquers all things, including sin and men the men who abide in it, and that God is Love. Using God's grace as a credit card, so to speak, is blasphemy. There is a middle ground, on this as a different question: can, and are, adulterers be forgiven? The answer is, yes. Though it is a most rotten sin, it is not unforgivable. If it were not there would be no Christian, and no one would make it to heaven, or there'd be a God who is not the God the Bible claims He is.
Posted by REVERENDREAL 1 year ago
Go to any jail and ask how many are you are Christians and just about every hand will go up. Jesus said that to see heaven, you must obey the ten commandments and give to the needy. The Christians teaches that you can disobey the ten commandments and ask forgiveness and give to the rich church.
God first commandment is Thy shall not have any god before me. Christians go against God's commandments. Even Jesus warn us of the Christians when he said...There shall be many who shall come in my name and shall deceive you. You can't have it both ways. You can't eat your cake and have it too. You cannot preach that it is wrong to sin, when at the same time you say it is all right as long as you say Hail Mary and count ju-ju beans.
Posted by Kvasir 1 year ago
I agree with your opinion but not with the arguments and the way you present them. I don't think many murderers and rapists believe that they are pre-forgiven by Jesus/God. You explain that you are sure the majority of the imprisoned people are Christians. This would make sense because the US has a ~90% Christian membership. If you go to India, most imprisoned people would be Hindu, not Christian. If you want to make this argument you have to show the percentage Christians in the society compared to the percentage of Christians in the respective prisons. I'm not saying you're wrong, but present sources! In section 2, 3 and 4 you make conclusions and deductions based not on facts but on expectations and personal opinions. Sherlock would be ashamed! Please point to real examples and sources to support your case.
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Oh I am COMPLETELY with you
Vote Placed by djdipretoro 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro showed a proper understanding of the Bible. Con seemed to contort certain things from Scripture in order to prove a point.