Sidex
Akimoney

Is it better to be an optimist or pessimist?

Akimoney has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Sidex

Con

Ok, do you want this to be a pride at stake debate? Choose a side and the stakes, and I will argue the opposite. I suppose I should put my pride with where my mouth is. Beat me in any debate and brag to world that you have put me in my place on my knees humbled until the Christ comes. I don't think I care if I lose anymore. I know I shouldn't be saying that, but unless this happens, I don't think most people can truly accept me.
Akimoney

Pro

Think positive about life or worry about your life is basically what the resolved is.

My plan: choose whichever you want. it's your life
"Just do it"- Nike
Sidex

Con

If it's your life, then that implies that you will always come first. If you come first then how can you ever serve the group to the fullest that can be proven to be greater than the individual? But if you serve the group then you lose your life to the group thus making decisions for the group. What perception should you adopt if you choose to live for your group? Should the group prove that it's better than evil or should the group love to promise of hope? You have tried to trap me using a neutral answer, but what you might not realize is that I am no longer a fence sitter like you are. There is wisdom in choosing either side.
Akimoney

Pro

If you already know whether you are going to be optimistic or pessimistic, why would you debate on this?
Sidex

Con

This is not about what I'm going to be or about what you are. This about is about truth. Truth can never be revealed without asking questions. The truth is that fence sitters are figuratively cowards. Isn't a coward that says he has a belief does not act on it? Optimism or Pessimism is the conclusion of your belief. Saying an optimistic or pessimistic view is righteous. It's when we try to hide our opinions from the figurative light that make us unrighteous. You can disagree with me casting judgment on being a figurative fence sitter, but my overall argument is that as long as you literally make any choice, you are always implying judgment. It would be hypocritical if you judge me in any regard, but I couldn't be able to judge you in the same regard.
Akimoney

Pro

If you want truth, look to the Bible.
Sidex

Con

I follow the humility of the Christ. I keep to the ten commandments, I do not covet, I do not steal, I do not lie, I do not kill, I do not dishonor my mother and father, and I do sleep alone. This is the life that was chosen for me. I will use all of my wisdom to save Humanity from itself.

You wished to know who I am. I am Making a Choice.

Canis, the reason why realism is a wrong path to take is because cultivating both points of view from optimism and pessimism creates the perfect realism. Your realism is a sum of all of your optimistic judgments and pessimistic judgments. The best realist does not deny the wisdom from both points of view. But when you judge people for being an optimist or pessimist, it solidifies your logic into what you would call realism. And you simply say that realism is better, act as selfishly as yourself deems necessary because your realism is the only Truth. "You should not maliciously or apathetically end humanity." The whole reason why "apathetically" was put in that statement was because if you do not help your neighbor because of your realism that "it won't affect the universe in the slightest whether I help them or not", then in my opinion, you become no better than those who would harm their neighbor for any selfish reason. This is the consequence with knowing how smart you are. You easily stop listening to the other side. I will never stop listening to wisdom. I will forever search for the truth, no matter how life-changing it can be. Remember I'm retarded, so I take things extremely literal. There will always be Judgment for as long as there is Choice. So make a choice yourself, should we bring true peace in this world following me or keep doing things your way using the same words and judgments over and over agian. All of you know that this world is too divided to heal itself. Even if I completely shut the f*ck up and everyone goes back to their daily lives as if nothing has happened, what is your plan for saving the world? Mine is to now establish myself as the wisest man currently alive, which I will prove when I objectify all of these new debates I've had and bring a little Irony to light, get people to come together and talk their egos away. My plan is rapidly changing due to lack of response and belief I seem to be whitnessing. I have to change the world, no matter what guys do or say. I am Making a Choice.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
I will not get burned when I put my hands in boiling water..I wote for realism.
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
Its a bit complicated. Im under a lot stress, but i think i need to express myself to fullest i can be with these questions i've asked. I'm always technically under duress, but I do have perfect control of my emotions. I'm able to objectify them and create a water valve in which I can control how much i release at any given time I choose.

And I am truly honored to have such a loyal friend after all this time. Thank you so very much for believing in me. Know that i am figuratively putting the world on my shoulders in which I know I can be so much better with loyal people such as yourself following me. Thank you so much buddy.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I'd accept this debate, but because the "Please assist me" debate was forfeited, I can't. But I could easily argue that being an optimist is the overall better option. The stakes? The friendship of Jirachi and Christ, I guess. Speaking of pessimism, you don't seem that well (I mean you seem a bit upset about people's potentially contradictory opinions).
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Is it alright if I argue that it is better to be neither? I would argue it is better to be a realist.
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
I solemnly swear that I will continue to live until the second coming of Christ or die of natural age. If you think I'm full of it but know that I truly want to be Christlike, then this should let anyone who is concerned about my mental health be now aware that I will not hurt myself in anyway after I potentially lose. Come and get me Anyone.