straightup.gong
Masterful

Is it better to date someone attractive and popular or intelligent and smart?

straightup.gong has forfeited round #4.

straightup.gong

Con

Pro/For believes that its better to date someone attractive and popular.
Con/Against believes that its better to date someone intelligent and smart.

Please don't accept this debate if you agree the same as Con, since I am going to be Con. That's literally so pointless so argue the same thing. Seriously, just comment if you agree with me.

First round is acceptance and the others are for your argument. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to debates so if you're all technical, don't expect me to be like that too.

Alright, let's do this...
Masterful

Pro

Hi.
You might find that smart women have flaws too.

I should save this until round 2, but I don't want to wait, so whatever.

This is Sarah,

Sarah is a very smart girl. No body liked Sarah at school, because she farted a lot and liked to bite her toe nails during class.
She has a level 90 World of Warcraft account and plays in her underware....mmmmmm

Would you like to date Sarah?
straightup.gong

Con

My point is to debate brain over brawn. Would you date an attractive girl who is stupid?
Masterful

Pro

"My point is to debate brain over brawn. Would you date an attractive girl who is stupid?"

To refute your round 2 argument-

The debate is, who would you rather date, attractive and popular or intelligent and smart. I want to mention that intelligent and smart, are pretty much the same thing.

I'm curious, where does brawn come into this haha? I don't know many people who would want to date a large brawny girl that has the potential to wrestle them to the ground and keep them there. Nor do I believe that brawn is relevant to this debate.
Your question is irrelevant.

“Would you date an attractive girl who is stupid?”

You’re asserting that because some is not intelligent. They must be stupid. Couldn’t they be of average intellect?

Using your logic, if a girl is not popular, then she is unpopular. There must be a reason why she’s unpopular; maybe she has other undesirable traits, such as being unfriendly.

If a girl is not attractive, then she is ugly. It’s great that she is smart, but she won’t turn me on with a calculus equation, no sir.

To further the question which is: Who would you rather date, attractive and popular or intelligent and smart?

Being attractive is important, whether you want to accept that or not. Obviously there are other important factors when finding a partner, but looks do go a long way.

Being popular is a good thing, it shows they’re socially adept and get along with other people. Being popular probably suggests they have other good traits that people like.

This is Kim

As you can see Kim is very cute, she has a bubbly, kind personality and is popular for a good number of reasons. She isn’t the brightest girl in the world, but makes up for it with kindness and a killer smile.
She smells good, Looks good, has a deep personality and many hobbies.

Sometimes cute and popular, beats ugly, unpopular and smart....probally everytime.

Can you really argue that you'd rather date Sarah over Kim? If you want to date Sarah, then go right ahead.
straightup.gong

Con

I'd definitely want to date Sarah over Kim if Sarah has character and can actually hold a conversation that's not about eyelash extensions.
Masterful

Pro

Why do you think intelligent people are socially adept and able to hold conversation? Popular people are always around people and are liked, that suggests they can hold a conversation.

The need to reproduce plays a huge part in the purpose of a relationship. We can assume Kim can hold a conversation because she is popular, she also will pass good genes to our offspring.

Sarah is not popular, therefore she likely can’t hold a conversation, she will also pass undesirable traits to our offspring.

I would advise you to make friends with Sarah and date Kim.

Posted by desttoyer 10 months ago
desttoyer
wtf
Posted by Capitalistslave 10 months ago
Capitalistslave
I'm commenting right before round 4 had any posts, but as of right now, pro is winning the debate simply because con is not offering any arguments. I don't know why they are not.
Posted by Masterful 10 months ago
Masterful
If you're able to hold a better conversation with Sarah, than Kim, wouldn't it just make more sense to simply befriend Sarah?
Kim is better looking and will produce better looking offspring. Why would you want to make your children ugly and undesirable.

I get that you're trying not to be someone who is shallow, but it's selfish to pretend not to be shallow, as you're dooming your children to an ugly life. Think about your children, man.....

Will post my argument tomoz
Posted by Masterful 10 months ago
Masterful
If they're popular then they are popular for a reason. Probably because they have a good friendly personality.
Posted by Vapid_Darkness 10 months ago
Vapid_Darkness
I agree with con so I cant debate, but I will watch :D