LIFEISNEVEREASY
lemusthecuban

Is it better to have your partner to be the same or the opposite of you?

LIFEISNEVEREASY has forfeited round #2.

LIFEISNEVEREASY

Pro

As the pro side, I argue that for the sake of the relationship and possible kids in the future, interactions between me and my partner is crucial. Therefore, personality plays a very important role in choosing a partner. It is logical and better to choose a partner that has similar values and a similar style of personality rather than someone who speaks, acts and think almost completely differently.

Rules for this debate:
1. This debate shall only focus on this specific topic.
2. This topic shall be argued in a polite and logical manner.
3. Round 1 is for opening statements.
4. Round 2 & 3 is for arguments
5. Round 4 is for closing statements.
lemusthecuban

Con

For the con side, I say that an opposite partner would be better. I believe that an opposite partner allows for diversity in the relationship. This can help in the future by strengthening social skills, learning things you haven't learned before, never becoming bored of each other. I feel by dating someone who is similar, it's kind of like dating yourself. Soon you'll get bored and the relationship is more likely to fade.