Sidex
TallSpider

Is it better to save 10 ethical doctors or 1 righteous man?

Sidex

Con

Whatever you decide, I shall argue the opposite. If you want to waste round 1 to see my argument first, that's fine as well. Honestly, I'm trying to hone my debating skills, but if you beat me, good for you. If you feel like you beating me undermines everything I've said, then that is your prerogative. Your definition of a righteous man and an ethical doctor is sufficient.
TallSpider

Pro

I will take the side of saving the 10 ethical doctors.
Sidex

Con

Can an ethical doctor ever think more about himself if he only works for money? Is not the point of ethics is cap how far oneself can rise so oneself is merely restricted to what the overall state is? Well if the state is science, then wouldn't your belief be restricted to what you know and theories? But if you believe in God, then couldn't you accept what will come to pass, an afterlife, and no longer worry about what the many wants of your current life? So if you change the state to be God, as any potential righteous man would in any potential religion, instead of science and change science as your belief, then what could you be limited to? If it's higher than the Presidency of the United States (which I argue the job is not better than 10 righteous doctors that are currently living today)who follow ethics as well, then wouldn't the righteous man potentially be worth more than 10 ethical doctors? Are you not ethical if you are righteous?
TallSpider

Pro

If the 10 ethical doctors are saved, they all have a chance to be righteous. According to your standard, if only 5 of the doctors become righteous, then they would be 5 times the worth of the 1 righteous man. Every person has the same value. This does not mean that their actions are the same value, but them as people value the same as any other person.

Just to clarify, what is your religious belief? It would make the debate a lot easier.
I am a Christian if it helps you at all.
Sidex

Con

Actually you have made a false assumption. Just because all of them CAN be righteous, doesn't mean that ONE is righteous. The only truth in the question is that there is 1 righteous man and 10 ethical doctors. You can assume that the righteous man is righteous based on word "righteous", but you are wrong to make a false assumption that there is one righteous doctor among them. You are ethical in at least some way or another if you are righteous, but it does not mean that you are a righteous man if you simply follow ethics. Read "i is here" to know who I am.
TallSpider

Pro

If the value of the person is determined by their actions, then the doctors are still worth more. If the righteous person does 5 times the worth of 1 doctor, than the doctors would be worth more by twice the amount. Maybe it would be better to save the righteous man if there were only 2 doctors but not 10.

I have no idea what "i is here" means by the way.
Sidex

Con

Again another false assumption, "if the righteous person does 5 times the worth of 1 doctor." There is no quantitive ratio to the question even though you put one on it. Then you tried to create your own path of reason and logic based on that lie/assumption. "Maybe it would be better to save the righteous man if there were only 2 doctors but not 10." There can be no maybe if the assumption cannot exist. The assumption can never be logical. Theories can be logical. Theories are beliefs that can be altered, changed, manipulated, and especially improved upon unlike assumptions that are unprovable facts. What if instead the righteous man is worth more than an indefinite amount of ethical doctors? What if one ethical doctor is worth more than one righteous man? Since you have made two false arguments, why don't you answer these two false arguments as well? I am retarded.
TallSpider

Pro

The ethical doctors would do the same actions as the righteous person just not necessarily for the same reasons. The righteous person would do it because it is what is "right", and an ethical doctor would do it because of his/her moral standards. The ethical doctor is easier to change their standards but still has a good heart. The righteous person has a better heart but is more stubborn and will always do things to their way of thinking.
Sidex

Con

I disagree wholeheartedly with that characterization. A righteous man does not act for himself, but he serves "God"(whoever that may be). You have falsely implied that a righteous man can't be better than ethics. Ethics is about limiting how far your power can reach. It is not ethical to save a life if it loses your job. I would put forth that a righteous man who truly has faith in the God he serves would save any life for any job. You have claimed that you are a Christian, then what on Earth do you need from that job that you plan to take up with you in Heaven? Is it not better to save a single life for everything that you have? Even if you argue that obtaining resources help you do more of the Lord's work, doesn't Jesus say we shouldn't store up in barns? Does not God take care of the animals and plants? How much more worth do you have over them? When is it the right time to do the right thing? As a righteous man, wouldn't he be able to transcend ethics? If an ethical doctor transcended ethics, then how would the doctor be ethical?

If it's ethical to let someone die, then wouldn't the doctors want to keep their jobs because they might not have as much faith as a righteous man? By the way, ethics was created to determine life and death decisions all the time. Ethics is about making the choice regardless of the circumstances. A righteous man knows that there is only one correct choice for all circumstances. You are right that a righteous man can do anything that an ethical man can do, but that logic is not reversed. So my conclusion is the righteous man will always be better than any ethical person. And my logic from my first argument still applies saying why a righteous man is worth more than an indefinite amount of ethical doctors.

It's interesting that you went down that route as a man of religion. Either you are simply trying to remain objective for argument sake or you really just tried to prove that one ethical doctor is worth the same/more than one righteous man. I did tell you it was a false argument for this reason.
TallSpider

Pro

I think that the ethical people should be saved because if the righteous person would go to heaven. The ethical people would have morals, but not necessarily believe in Jesus, therefore would go to hell. If they were saved they could get a second chance and maybe some of them would end up finding Jesus.
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex
So it's ok to let people die if you're just going to hell anyway? Since you believe that you are going to heaven no matter what you do, then what opinion do you have towards anything actually matters? Opinions are used to make changes in the world around, if you have no intention of caring about what you do in this life, then why are giving your opinion? You have also projected your view that Christ is the only way to Heaven. Are you losing your life when you give an opinion? Why do you assume that hypocrites are allowed? Why would it make any sense that hypocrites are allowed in Heaven? I separated Christianity from righteousness on purpose because now you have judged a righteous man can only follow the Christ. Why can't a Muslim be righteous if he follows God as well? Why is his heaven so wrong and yours is so great? It seems that you have lost all objectivity to answer the question.
Posted by Sidex 1 year ago
Sidex