Snuggle_Daddy
peblebtea

Is it better to tell the truth or to not tell the truth?

Snuggle_Daddy has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Snuggle_Daddy

Con

With recent events i have encountered, lol, I'm starting to think that sometimes not telling the truth is a good idea, if anyone else thinks different. You know what to do!
peblebtea

Pro

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, Every time I lie it gets me into trouble. I mean telling your friend that someone else still likes them even though they don't. Eventually ends up backfiring especially on you. If they find out they go mental you have a big argument and you fall out. I get grounded for lying because it is the worst thing to do. That is exactly why I don't do secret Santa because you have to lie, I mean sure we have all lied but I bet it will or has ended up backfiring on you because that is just how lying and life work. I rest my case.
Snuggle_Daddy

Con

I do understand that it is easy to catch someone in a lie, but often times on social media it can be hard to catch someone in a lie. For example my girlfriend who lives in another country as I and I usually get in arguments because I tell the truth.p, I believe telling the truth is a good thing but I don't know if me and my girlfriend will last longer if I keep saying the truth. I don't even have to say what I did but I feel bad if I don't tell her you know?
peblebtea

Pro

Well some nicely friendly advice is that maybe just tell her that you are just being truthful and that you feel lying to her will end up backfiring anyway. I f that doesn't work then come back to me for more ideas and I agree with you.
Posted by Miura 4 weeks ago
Miura
The answer depends but most of the time it's better to tell the truth. If the physical/moral consequences of telling the truth aren't as bad as the consequences of lying, then lie. But beware, lying is like killing. It gets easier and easier the more you do it. It will eventually become part of you. Telling the truth could also have consequences but the loss of trust isn't as severe, and trust is a VERY important thing.
Posted by peblebtea 4 weeks ago
peblebtea
Shut up they will hunt you down my dad is in parliament
Posted by Flatstanley 4 weeks ago
Flatstanley
Goverment is a lye