Is it ever OK (under any circumstances) to cheat on your significant other ?
Debate Rounds (3)
It's never OK to cheat, no matter what.
Thanks Con for instigating this debate.
Con, though the instigator, didn't provide any definitions for the resolution, so, to guide this debate, I shall supply my own definitions.
OK - morally permissible.
circumstances - a condition connected with an event or action.
cheat - be sexually unfaithful.
significant other - a person with whom someone has an established romantic or sexual relationship.
*I Affirm This Resolution*
It's my job to prove that under some circumstance it can be ok to cheat on your significant other, so here it goes.
It's ok to cheat on your significant other if:
1. Your significant other is dying and their one last wish is to watch you be sexually unfaithful with another person.
2. You've been held hostage by a serial killer with a gun and they claim that they will kill your significant other if you don't get sexually unfaithful by having sex with someone else.
3. Your significant other is a conjoined twin, who shares the reproductive organs, and you're not exclusive with their twin.
4. You and your significant other enjoy having glory hole sex with each other at glory hole sex parties and, by sheer accident, you made love to some rando on the other side of the glory hole unbeknownst to you or your significant other, and your significant other happened to do the same thing, but neither of you had any idea.
5. You're blind, and right before your significant other attempted to perform sex acts on you, they were overtaken by someone else quietly enough that you didn't notice and this new person began making love to you identically to your significant other.
6. Your significant other is a non-conjoined twin, but their twin is so identical to them that the two are indistinguishable, and your significant other's twin pretended to be your significant other, had sex with you, and you were none the wiser.
7. You and your significant other are hardcore porn stars who don't like to mix home and work.
8. The religion of which you and your significant other are apart requires, ironically, that you have sex with someone else to solidify your loyalty to your significant other.
9. You are one of three people left on earth, one being you, one being your significant other, and one being someone of the opposite sex from you, and your significant other is no longer fertile, despite the many attempts, but the other person is, and the human species is contingent on this reproductive sex act.
10. You're in an open relationship.
Therefore I affirm that there are circumstances where it's ok to cheat on your significant other.
simonevinson forfeited this round.
simonevinson forfeited this round.
Thanks for the debate Con.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by lord_megatron 8 months ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||1|
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.