Is it fair that despite being all powerful, God rarely helps the innocent.

I will be Taking Con in this argument, good luck. (The rarely are for Miracles)

God dosen't help you with all your needs, he only helps you when there is something resonable. If you were studying for a test, and you prayed to god, he would help you, but however, if you just say, Dear God, can you get me to level 2 on that game please? Amen. That isn't a resonable answer.

In this debate I will argue that it is unfair that god lets people be murdered, raped, robbed, assaulted ETC.
I don't expect him to get rid of all evil, I expect him to aid those who are being killed, because there death's are pointless. He allows terrible acts to happen though he could stop it effortlessly.He's omnipresent meaning god almighty watches these terrible acts happen. In the bible it is clear he says he doesn't act because he wants us to have free will, but this means he cares more about the murderer right to murder and the rapists right to rape, than the lifes of the victim's. In addition whether he aids the victim or the murderer, someone's free will is affected, a murder victim may be killed against his/her will, only because God would rather protect the murderer's right to murder, so his inaction is action that protects those who are evil. He also claim's that it's fair because they will burn in hell for all eternity, this doesn't unrape or unmurder the victim's however. How is knowing your assaulter is being tortured suppose to make you feel better about being raped. God know everything, so why doesn't he simply put actions into motion that would make them notice what they do is wrong. Before video cameras existed, he was parting the red sea, turning people into salt, and constantly ordering followers around. This is why I believe god is unfair, Christians please vote and comment fairly.
For more information visit

God can't help you if sometime is nearly impossible, and if you were referring to the bible, tell me what chapter, verse it is in, tell me if it is the old testiment or the new testiment, if you had to go on this thing what you call wikipedia or wiki answers, you are total wrong. Many people can change naswers, many people can make fake answers, these citations are wrong and you know it, you can not just get info from legit websites, I don't even think that the bible said that. Unless you prove it. God odes help you, he is in your heart, that is called the trinity, God, Jesus, and the holy spirit. The holy spirit lives in your heart, soul, he is always by your side, but however, you can't just pray to god when you have been raped or something, its either you have done something wrong in the past, or it's something that god planned to do.

I would like to point of that pro has ailed to fulfill the job of Pro since he didn't post a argument, and only asked me to use biblical quotes, without several common sources.

God can help us all with even trying he is
The Bible teaches God is Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, :

God has omniscience -He knows all-things Psalm 147;4-5
God has omnipotence -He is all-powerfull Matthew 19:26
God has omnipresence - He is present everywhere Matthew 28:20;
Hebrews 13:5
God has eternality - He always has been and always will be
Psalm 90:1-2
God has immutability - He does not change Malachi 3:6;
Hebrews 13:8

This means god has
Omniscience- Having infinite knowledge.
Omnipotence- Having infinite power.
Omnipresent- The state of being everywhere at once.
Eternality- Deathless and changelessness of youth
Immutability- incapable of mutation.

you said "God can't help you if sometime is nearly impossible" this is not true for God nothing is impossible.
Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God."

I wonder if Caylee Anthony did something that meant she had to be brutally killed.

Was the kidnapping of 3 Cleveland women for years part of his divine plan also?
Ariel Castro charged with holding three women captive for a decade impregnated one of them five times and punched her in the stomach until she miscarried, police said Wednesday in a chilling report on the kidnappings.
The man forced one of his captives, Michelle Knight, to deliver the baby of another captive, Amanda Berry, in a kiddie pool, and threatened to kill Knight if the baby died, police said.
Police made the revelations in a report that laid out a nightmarish captivity, including starvation and imprisonment in the basement. One official said the women apparently were allowed outside the house only twice, and briefly, in the years after they were captured.
The Cleveland city prosecutor charged the man, Ariel Castro, with four counts of kidnapping " one for each of the three women and one for a baby that was born to Berry six years ago. Castro was also charged with three counts of rape for each of the adult women.

Why would God not act during God act during the Holocaust it is fair that he didn't interfere with the Nazi's will to murder and instead let millions die.
God nor the Bible can make us do anything, we choose to follow the Bible and Him or not. Its free will, if were all under the will of god do you think there would still be murder, rape, Stealing, Fighting. ETC.?

This quote is saying that for nothing is impossible for god, yes he is god, nothign is impossible, but it is the will of either he should help you or not.

Look at this: Mark 11:24

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

You know what this has in common? These two things are important because if you pray, nothing will happen. If you pray, and belive in god, and have a humble heart, he POSSIBLY would help you.

Read again, see if god listens to your answers, he proably don't even know that he answered it for you, he is friends to everyone, ugly, prisoner, most hated (Osama Bin-Laden). This is possibly the most known verse in the bible.

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

So if you belive in god, he would help you, he won't answer to all of your questions, but you will respond back to you.

However if you must get your prayer, you must be very, very desperate, read this passage in the bible.

Psalm 34:17

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
(NIV)Psalm 91:15

He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

In case if you were wondering, this is the reason why he dosen't answer your prayers.

1• Disobedience - Deuteronomy 1:45; 1 Samuel 14:37
2• Secret Sin - Psalm 66:18
3• Indifference - Proverbs 1:28
4• Neglect of mercy - Proverbs 21:13
5• Despising the Law - Proverbs 28:9
6• Bloodguiltiness - Isaiah 1:15
7• Iniquity - Isaiah 59:2; Micah 3:4
8• Stubbornness - Zechariah 7:13
9• Instability or Doubt - James 1:6-7
10• Self-indulgence - James 4:3
Of cource, why would God answer things that would be unresonable, use your logic to think.

Since you say god will only answer your prayers if you believe he will help you, can you explain the massacre of Christians in Egypt, is it fair that God almighty watched, and did nothing while his Christian followers get murdered in the streets Egypt.

Why would god not defend his followers, Shapur II had all the Christians murdered in Persia. A total of 1,150 dead Christians in 341 AD.

In Sudan, it is estimated that over 1.5 million Christians have been killed by the Janjaweed, the Arab Muslim militia, and even suspected Islamists in northern Sudan since 1984.

What about persecution from the Soviet Union, The total number of Christians killed, as a result of Soviet state atheist policies, are over 20 million.

It's cool that you think all of these Christians were killed because they didn't deserve to have there prayers answered, but if even one of these followers that died was reasonable then your whole point is invalid. It's scientifically impossible that millions of Christians weren't reasonable people with families, love, kindness, and respect for god. Odds are some of these massacred in Egypt were deserving to be saved, but instead god watched them get slaughtered in the streets, and I guess there just no chance that the millions of Christians in other countries being massacred are all good people, if you're going to debate at least be reasonable. I'm not asking for my prayers to be answered I'm asking for the ones who need it.

You have totaly ingonred, my examples are stupid, I'm sorry, and like I said, God plans this, now if you don't listen to this, your gonna start making more example. Now I will start off saying why god dosen't. Perhaps you prayer is a lie, you can't trick god, god can only trick you. I will give you an example:

“He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord…
Proverbs 19:17 (NIV)

Just because your angry doesn't mean you should make it clear, that's just poor conduct.
"You have totaly ingonred, my examples are stupid"
"Now I will start off saying why god dosen't"
"now if you don't listen to this, your gonna start making more example"

Proverbs 29:11
"A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back. "

Proverbs 19:11
"A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense."

James 1:20
"For the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. "

Exactly correct.

James 1:20

This phrase is has correct, if someone is angry, they wouldn't like god, this is why god dosen't help the innocent, I'm happy to find you copy and pasting your stuff and searching them directly on google without looking at what you copy.
That is right, even if the innocent hasn't done anything wronge, someday, god will give them a chance, it will always will. For example: Africian people starving, what does god do? He makes us donate to these people, like this, god does help the innocent, I don't think god would help you with dealing with your homework if you study. However he would if you actually put some effort into it, pray something that is essential, and something that you really need, not just act to god.
Posted by zigstum 3 years ago
I don't see how this debate could even commence without first agreeing on some definitions.
Who is innocent? What constitutes guilt? What actions mark a person as guilty? Who can decide who is innocent? Who can see into the heart of a person and weigh their motives against their actions in the context of their circumstances? Who can see the hidden workings of a heart and a mind to declare that a person is clean, has never been guilty of a selfish act, either in public or in secret? Once guilty, can a person ever be innocent again? How do you know death is not a good thing for those who die?
How do we define rarely? 1%, 5%, 10% of the time?
According to Christian theology, there was only ever one innocent man that ever lived and he suffered more than all.
Posted by AgentRocks 3 years ago
Good Game, Unfortuantly, I got 0 Votes, thanks for vote bombing it!
Posted by O.Z 3 years ago
A very fascinating topic, I must say, but allow me to state my opinion. Yes, millions of people die each and every day because God is seemingly absent. But you must understand, he gave us the gift of free will. People have the ability to do what they want with it. The question shouldn't be "Is it fair if God doesn't help out?" It should be , "What can I do to help?" Besides, God did help. He gave the world all the people on this site who fight with reason, not violence.
Posted by gordonjames 3 years ago
Great topic.
One idea you may have both missed is that this life is like the trailers before the movie.
It is short and insignificant. The real show is the eternal life lived out in the New Earth.
look at 2 Cor 4:16-18
16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self[d] is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
Posted by AgentRocks 3 years ago
I do have evidence, the bible. How is this no Evidence? You call News story Evidence!?
Posted by MyBluMind 3 years ago
t's shaping up to be a good argument.
Vote Placed by 4saken 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con has more convincing arguments and has more sources. Pro didn't refute effectively why God didn't help the innocent, his Christian followers included. The excuse "Perhaps you prayer is a lie" is terrible. Are you saying that all those victims are liars?