SecularMerlin
Abeer

Is it important that your beliefs be true

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

SecularMerlin

Pro

Is it important to hold beliefs that are as close to the truth as possible and if it so what is the best way to arrive at truth.
Abeer

Con

Yes belief is important because GOD created us and didnt let us live here with no guide, since he is the only one who knows us more than any one and care for us and most merciful to us than any one any thing he tells us to do or not to do is going to be for our benefit, he didnt leave us with out a guide so people in this world dictate for us what is right and what is wrong which is mostly for their own favor, e.g in islam: No alchol, no fornication or premarital sex, no interest ect , tell me which one of these isnt bad for us? And what benefit GOD would get if we followed his guide? He own the entire universe!
Why islam? And not christianity or judaism
First the same GOD is the source for these three religions but
Because the guide been sent to these groups( jew and christian) been changed alot, the jew say we are the chosen people why GOD would ever specify his religion to specific group and actually he critisize them for that ((5:18) But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination), The bible changed many time to sell it and gain money we have Roman catholic bible, king james, RSV, another RSV, then new world translation and GOD say about that (Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby), two third of the new testment written by paul who never met jesus in person and used to kill his followers suddenlly he said i saw jesus in vision and told me to preach and his teaching contradicts that of jesus, the thing that constantly blow my mind is that there is nothing written by jesus and when you ask christians they say he had limited time then i ask them he couldnt write a line or a page, offcourse in quran GOD mentioned that he gave jesus the Gospel but where is it today? No one knows, i think if we have it its gonna contradict the entire bible.
Why islam? Is for all nations not arabs alnoe, its a guide to all human kind, the quran preserved in two ways ( GOD promised to preserve it he mentioned this in quran) so preserved by written and memorization if the entire religous books thrown in the ocean today i gurranty you no one book will come back except quran in a matter of one day the entire quran will come back word by word why? Because majority of muslims memorize it cover to cover some of them even if dont speak arabic they memorize it if i read a verse wrongly i will easily find a child who is 6 or 7 years old correct me.
SecularMerlin

Pro

I don't actually believe in the Quran or the bible because I have no evidence to support it unless I make very large guesses. Is there any outside evidence that you could provide to support that as truth? Is there any reason I couldn't use the same sort of argument to prove the sun is GOD and we should worship it? Why shouldn't I worship the sun? I can't even see Allah.
Abeer

Con

During the night and when the sun is not shining on some parts of the earth and why the sun doesnt talk to us we are able to talk how this is GOD who we see and silent?!!, GOD has to be there all time never goes away his entire creatures has to be under his knowledge
Quran is full of scientific facts that was just proven in 20th century and it was revealed 1400 years ago to a man who is in the middle of the desert who cant read or write forexample:
-bigbang (21:30) And have not the ones who disbelieved seen that the heavens and the earth were an integrated (mass), then We unseamed them, and of water We have made every living thing? Would they then not believe?)
- Atoms discovered in 1897 and GOD say in quran 1400 years ago : chapter 99 ( Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!)
- The frontal lobe of the brain responsible for lies thats why in the lie detector test they trace the brain activity of this specific part of the brain and GOD says: chapter 96 (A lying, sinful forelock!)
- The mountains having deep roots introduced in 1865 by astrnomer Royal sir george airy and GOD says in quran chapter 16:15: (And the mountains as pegs?).
And etc
Who could told him all these information 1400 years ago
SecularMerlin

Pro

Abeer are you hearing voices because that is called schizophrenia and I urge you to seek help. Also lie detectors don't detect anything useful they have even been known to read "brain waves" in carrots and jello. And also while he was expounding on important truths not one word about antibiotics. Why should a merciful God with hold basic medical knowledge that could save lives. And in comparison the sun makes the plants grow and asks nothing in return. I'm still leaning towards this sun is GOD idea
Abeer

Con

No you are wrong my background in science i know what am talking about read about the functions of each brain loop the frontal loop is responsible for analytic thinking, decision making and lies check it, then what about the big bang , the atom, the mountain there is also the embryological stages of the embryo
ancient people had their own way to treat their diseases and there is alot of diseases started to appear recently
When you are inside your basement or in a place where the sun does not enter it does the sun still able to see you?
If the sun created us what did she say about our purpose in this life, or what guide did she gave us?
And why sun cause us harm by sending ultraviolet light that can cause skin cancer?
Posted by Abeer 1 month ago
Abeer
Hi no worries alright i will thanks
Posted by SecularMerlin 1 month ago
SecularMerlin
I apologize here abeer the pro/con dichotomy of this forum is a little limiting I would hope that you are in favor of truth I merely wish to discuss what truth is and how you arrive at the truth.
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 1 month ago
PowerPikachu21
SecularMerlinAbeerTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate turned into "does God exist", but the real question would've been "Is it important God exists, and my beliefs are true". Neither side seemed to acknowledge this was the burden of this debate, and didn't make arguments for it. Does it matter if someone believes in something and it isn't true? Does it matter if it is true? I'll have to not reward points on that front. (I didn't find Con's arguments for God that convincing though.)