The Instigator
LiberatorDebator
Con (against)
Losing
0 Points
The Contender
Aerogant
Pro (for)
Winning
3 Points

Is it more common to find high self esteem in rich people than non-rich people?

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 2 votes the winner is...
Aerogant
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 8/15/2014 Category: People
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 432 times Debate No: 60507
Debate Rounds (3)
Comments (3)
Votes (2)

 

LiberatorDebator

Con

Let's say the richest 25% versus the other 75%.
Aerogant

Pro

Let me redirect you to a short story.

The rich can wipe their butts with money, while having diarrhea. After they do their business (their other business), they write it in their "Dear Diarrhea".

The poor can live by the butt, or live by the boot. They can speak, but they cannot say what they think.

If the rich wants a bigger yacht, they will get a bigger yacht.

If the poor wants a bigger yak, they will not get a bigger yak.

Life to the rich is poor - life to the poor is rich.

The rich mind is a poor mind - the poor mind is a rich mind.

Where life is not rich, it tends to get gassy.

Gas is commonly associated to arrogance.

Arrogance is commonly confused with self-esteem.

The rich have nothing to show, except well, why they are rich.

The poor have everything to show, except well, why they not rich.

The idea of being rich, is to convince yourself of being rich.

The idea of being poor, is to convince yourself of being more.

There are plants in the soil which die - there are seeds that grow beyond the clouds in the sky.

But one thing that differentiates the poor from the rich, is that one's self esteem lies in their riches - the other's self esteem lies in their self.
Debate Round No. 1
LiberatorDebator

Con

LiberatorDebator forfeited this round.
Aerogant

Pro

*Casper lives here*
Debate Round No. 2
LiberatorDebator

Con

LiberatorDebator forfeited this round.
Aerogant

Pro

*Casper got kicked out by his gold digger girlfriend, so he no longer lives here. If you stare closely into the whiteness, you'll see Casper's girlfriend having sex with Scraps from Corpse Bride*
Debate Round No. 3
3 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 1 through 3 records.
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
blackkid
Not necessarily. Your self-esteem and self-efficacy can remain intact even if you're not happy and even for prolonged periods of time. This is why I was curious about confidence specifically because one's confidence in their ability to do something is greatly effected by what that something is and I presume for a debate like this it would have to be monetary.
Posted by LiberatorDebator 2 years ago
LiberatorDebator
...or happiness. If there is a correlation between wealth and high self esteem, and self esteem and happiness then there must be a correlation between wealth and happiness?
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
blackkid
Are you saying that wealth does not effect confidence?
2 votes have been placed for this debate. Showing 1 through 2 records.
Vote Placed by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
LDPOFODebATeR0328
LiberatorDebatorAerogantTied
Agreed with before the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Agreed with after the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Who had better conduct:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Made more convincing arguments:-Vote Checkmark-3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:03 
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
LiberatorDebatorAerogantTied
Agreed with before the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Agreed with after the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Who had better conduct:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Made more convincing arguments:--Vote Checkmark3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:00 
Reasons for voting decision: No one made a real case. This debate is null.