Is it necessary for a students to an access to the internet?

Absolutely ! Yes! You already knew guys what I meant :)

"Is it necessary for a students [sic] to have access to the internet?"

Well, is it?

First, the question must be raised: Necessary for what?
No definition has been given of what Necessary constitutes. So I shall turn to the trusty Merriam-Webster dictionary and look the word up:

: so important that you must do it or have it : absolutely needed

: unable to be changed or avoided [3]

Must one have the internet? In other words, can one do without the Internet? Obviously one can. In fact, even students can. This is evidenced by the extremely long period of history in which the Internet did not even exist. Many students of that antediluvian age were highly intelligent, even those working on farms. Common Sense, a book one would only read if one had to in our day and age (confession time: I haven't read it) was actually written for the whole population of North America [1] and became, in fact, their equivalent of a best-seller. [2] This would indicate that the intellectual appetite and comprehension of the general public was rather high compared to nowadays.
If students were denied access to the internet, they would have to do more research, actually read the required reading, and waste less time on incognizant websites such as Facebook.
More importantly, students could still survive as students, which is all that is required for the internet to not be "necessary." [3]

I apologize, bored/frustrated student who's possibly angry at his/her parents for denying or limiting internet access. But these debates are fun.

princeofmusic15 forfeited this round.

princeofmusic15 forfeited this round.

I think I frightened the Prince of Music away with my extraordinary eloquent and cogent response. As we all know, that means I win!!
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
To have any chance at winning, you may want to select a favorable definition in R1, to avoid ones like "the basic requirements of life, such as food and warmth."
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture