simran0105
Lyssie

Is it necessary to get married?

simran0105

Con

Why marriage? Do you know how your future is going to change when your married? Why would you want to give your life away? Will you be able to have restrictions on yourself? Any guarantee that your going to live a happy life? Why ruin your life? Wouldn't you rather enjoy your one and only amazing life? Wouldn't you rather spend more time with your parents? Wouldn't you rather go on an adventure everyday and be able to do what you want freely?

The answer to all these questions is to not get married at all. Nothing on earth says that you have to be married to live or you have to be married after a certain age. I think that marriage in one word is stupid. My dream is to live my life and do something everyday without having to worry about anyone or anything. I don't want to be like all other women who have a family to care of and make food for. My one and only life is not going to be wasted on unnecessary things. In fact, many people feel there aren't many advantages to being married. So there is no point. Live happy single.

These days, a happy marriage requires a serious commitment of time and energy that can be hard to maintain. As you know many families have broken apart due to many reason. These reasons include lack of trust, support, and love. So you are at a risk after marriage. But you don't have to worry about these things if your not married.
Lyssie

Pro

Marriage can be a fulfilling and richly rewarding companionship. True, there are people who do not wish to get married, and I respect that. However, marriage is far from stupid. I know of many happy couples, some with 20+ years of complete commitment and love. People tend to focus too much on the divorce rates and stories of unhappy marriages because they're "more interesting." It's like news- you never see a reporter say, "Here we are, reporting live from a country with no wars or mass shootings." My own parents have been married for more than 15 years, and in all that time, there have never been any long-lasting, serious arguments; no affairs; and they both describe marriage and my religion's view on it as "getting to stay with your best friend for all eternity." True love is romanticized and thought of as boyfriend-girlfriend kind of things, but there is a mature bliss to marriage that no other arrangement can duplicate.
simran0105

Con

My dream is to live with my parents for the rest of my life. I want to be successful in life with my dream job. I can make all my dreams come true and go traveling anytime. A marriage doesn't always let you live your life. YOLO means you only live once so you can't waste your life on necessary things. Marriage is a waste of time because you still have a risk of anything happening after. By anything I mean that things start to change and stuff like this leads to divorce. So why not just live your one and only amazing life single?
Lyssie

Pro

Lyssie forfeited this round.
simran0105

Con

simran0105 forfeited this round.
Lyssie

Pro

Lyssie forfeited this round.
Posted by simran0105 1 year ago
simran0105
I'm really sorry to hear that...I know I'm not in your situation and I know life is different for you. I understand that everyone has a different life. You still don't need to rely on others in your life to make your life better. You can do that yourself. Many people have been through worse situations then you but are still not giving up. You just need motivation and you can enjoy life on your own. You can face your own problems and fight them. You only have one life so work for your dreams.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
I want to live it with a husband. Anything else and I will feel completely alone in the world. And my parents don't care about me or any sort of parental responsibilities. I try to make them try every day, and every day my mom fights with me and my dad is too drunk to do anything but watch TV. You can't tell me what will make me feel good in life. My fianc" and his family are the only good things in my life right now. Abandoning him would be idiocy.

Besides what am I going to do every day that's new? I'm in college. I don't have a lot of free money. My parents don't have money. I'm working so I can have a job that will make me money so I can live, and it'll be a full time job that will require me to do the same thing every day. And I'm going to be alone in a life of work if I don't get married.

But my fianc" is creative and light-hearted and hilarious and a free spirit. With him I can have an exciting life. Don't presume to know what everyone can do to make their life better. Some people don't need to get married to have a good life. Some people are better off just freelancing.

Some people like me would absolutely hate the life you choose.
Posted by simran0105 1 year ago
simran0105
I agree but why have to worry about all that? Just don't get married and live your life. It's not like you're going to have a second life. Do something new everyday and enjoy life. Take your parents everywhere before you no longer have them.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
It depends on your personal desires in life. To me a life without marriage sounds depressing and lonely. I'm social on here, but in real life I'm extremely shy. I need to get close to someone before I'm comfortable to be around them. Living my life the way you describe would be the loneliest thing I can imagine. In order for me to be happy in life, I need someone who's close to me that I can trust. I can't just freelance. That doesn't work for everyone. I'm not saying I would marry just anyone, but I know what I want.

So yeah, your first round makes me kind of sad.

Marriage isn't supposed to be easy, but most great things aren't. The problem with marriage is that people don't know how to handle committed relationships or are too lazy to learn. The solution is education, not abandoning the system.
Posted by simran0105 1 year ago
simran0105
It's ok, I just woke up.
Posted by Lyssie 1 year ago
Lyssie
I had to go to bed. I'm trying!
Posted by animeboy 1 year ago
animeboy
Why did you forfeit? You are not standing up for your religion.