Solomon_Orlando
Hafnium

Is it normal for older men [bronies] to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

Solomon_Orlando

Pro

The first round will be used as an "Acceptance" round - the rest will be debating our points. I am for older men watching the television series and being active in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series.

For everyone that doesn't know what My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or "MLP" is:

Also, I will be using the term "brony" a lot. Shortened: It's a older male/female that is a fan of the franchise and/or show MLP.

http://www.urbandictionary.com...
Hafnium

Con

Solomon_Orlando

Pro

Solomon_Orlando forfeited this round.
Hafnium

Con

I must apologize. When I endeavored to find the stats to prove the contrary, I found that the statistics show that approximately 5.4% of the USA's internet using population identify relatively strongly as brony. [1] This was much higher than I expected, and just barely squeaks in under the clinical definition of normal behavior, that being behavior that is shared by more than 2-sigma (4.55%) of the population. I'm afraid that I must forfeit and encourage voters to vote for pro.

I apologize to pro for wasting his time.

[1] General Survey, herdcensus.com. Retrieved September 3rd, 2013 From http://herdcensus.com...
Solomon_Orlando

Pro

My opponent has forfeited and given facts to how watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is normal for older men to watch. Therefore, I have emerged victorious - I do thank my opponent for stepping up to the plate and accepting.
Hafnium

Con

Hafnium forfeited this round.
Solomon_Orlando

Pro

My opponent has forfeited again, I am simply giving this information to lead the debate on further to the end.
Hafnium

Con

Hafnium forfeited this round.
Solomon_Orlando

Pro

Solomon_Orlando forfeited this round.
Hafnium

Con

Hafnium forfeited this round.
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 3 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
My apologies - I had some personal things that I had to deal with during the time stated for Round 2.

I apologize for my lack of appearance.
Posted by Hafnium 3 years ago
Hafnium
As others have pointed out, without a common definition of "normal," there is no point to debating this topic.
Posted by Dragonfang 3 years ago
Dragonfang
You should define normal.
I can win this debate by defining "Normal" as: "A significant portion of older men (Defined as above 60 yrs old) are watching Little Pony". I would ask you to present or produce results of surveys/studies, and I don't think they are any.

Define it for the sake of this debate.
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 3 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
"Is it normal..."
Posted by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
Is this:
"is it acceptable?" or
"is it normal?"

Depending on which it is; I might take this.
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 3 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
The show's demographic is "All Audiences" and the developer, Lauren Faust, actually made it applicable to older men [bronies] because of the influx that arisen during the first season. Obsessive is defined as letting it enter your mind at a troubling pace - which is simply not true considering that I am as /into/ the fan-base as you can be and don't think about it 24/7.

It's a normal fandom, just like any other. The debate would be longer than you think, in my opinion.
Posted by BennyW 3 years ago
BennyW
I really don't think this would take much of a debate, but no older men should not be obsessed with shows for little girls.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
Going to give someone else a shot to take this, if they don't I may go for it.
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 3 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
I'll change it, Mikal, you make a good point.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
no one will ever take this lol. You can easily argue that anything is acceptable. If you make something like "is it normal" I would jump on this