manaci
hellopuppy4

Is it ok to burn national o religious symbols?

manaci

manaci

Con

Good Afternoon, I am searching for someone who can debate with me whether or not it is ok to burn national symbols, whistle national anthems, break religious stuffs, etc.
hellopuppy4

Pro

good afternoon , i think we should burn national symbols such as flags because nobody wants there flag dirty. WOULD YOU?
manaci

Con

Good afternoon my friend,

I am clearly against the public burning of symbols and flags, I believe in freedom, but let us not forget that even freedom has its boundaries. One's freedom ends where the next begins. You are free to speak but you are not free to lie about someone or to insult someone as with your freedom of speech you are hurting that person Honor.

Same goes for all of this if someone is willing to burn a cross, a flag, a constitution, why not do it in the privacy of your home? Why does it in public? I will tell you why I believe they do it like this precisely to cause the few people who care about this to anger for these actions.

Why burn a symbol if you do not care for it? Because you know someone else does.

Pretty much I believe it is a matter of respect, as long as someone cares about this, it should not be allowed.
hellopuppy4

Pro

if we burn our, symbol what will represent us?
manaci

Con

I expected to debate with someone a bit more serious, noting that you don"t care to place arguments you can get back to mine about disrespecting people and else.

Have a good day
hellopuppy4

Pro

why would we disrepresent us?????
Posted by jrardin12 5 months ago
jrardin12
I am religious and patriotic. I don't care either way. I just will think that you are immature and a cry baby who doesn't get his way. Like a five year old who throws a fit in the aisle because his mom wouldn't give him a candy.
Posted by Minddagger 5 months ago
Minddagger
im religious, and i dont see how that could be illegal.
Vote Placed by Leaning 5 months ago
Leaning
manacihellopuppy4Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro arguments were difficult to understand and make poor sense. Pro also failed to participate in the debate in a meaningful fashion. Con made arguments for why burning national or religious symbols would be offensive. Con wins all but sources which was a tie because neither included them.