Safa
Yousickenme

Is it okay to hurt children?

Safa

Con

Should parents be able to hit their children at all? if they are bad or if they are good. Which is better, scolding or violence?
Yousickenme

Pro

The only time I see it necessary physically discipline a child is if the child is doing something to endanger themselves. By this I mean a swat on the butt, not actually harming the kid. Say a child takes a step off of the side walk without saying anything and trys to walk out in the street without looking for traffic, it is perfectly acceptable to give them a swat for their own good as long as you immediately explain to them why it happened, so they understand.
Safa

Con

Safa forfeited this round.
Yousickenme

Pro

I take it you forfeit this debate...
Safa

Con

Safa forfeited this round.
Yousickenme

Pro

Yousickenme forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
spanking is very appropriate. How else will you handle rebellion.My kids never told me "NO."They knew better from a very early age. On the other hand, I never made rules just for the sake of rules.A liittle tap on the butt to a toddler will stop beatings later. Once a child knows you say what you mean, and mean what you say, they will be secure in that. I never raised my kids just to entertain them. They were going to be responsible adults.The worse thing you can do is tell a kid not to do something and they just ignore you.Because they know you won't spank them. Time outs were never in my child-rearing days, and not in my days with my children, and not with my grandchildren.

They are all grown now, and I have great fellowship with them and their children.

I have seen children that were not disciplined, they are little monsters. You cannot reason with a rebellious child.Some people quote scripture , " spare the rod, spoil the child". The bible does not say that. It says, " the man who spares the rod, hates his child." Because they will not deal with that rebellion.
Posted by CaptainDogma 2 years ago
CaptainDogma
I think if a parent their child for being good, they deserve jail time and a beating of their own