Is it okay to raise and slaughter animals?

First Round is for acceptance, Second is for presenting arguments, the last two are for rebuttals.

"Is it okay to raise and slaughter animals?"

I will be arguing that it is moral and okay to raise and slaughter animals, so long as it is natural.

Con will argue the opposite.

what do you mean by natural ? Also it depends because if you are raising it to eat that's different. so you support wasting some beef and pork. sir are you OK?

Okay, to clear up confusion, this is an animal rights debate on the moral boundaries that should be set for animal raise and slaughtering for food. In other words, "Is it morally acceptable to raise and slaughter animals (for food, clothing, etc,etc)?"
I take the position that it is perfectly morally acceptable to raise say, cattle, for the express purpose of chopping it up for food. The same goes for chicken. It is estimated that Americans eat around a 1 ton of food (1,996 lbs) every year. Of that 1,996 lbs of food, some 186 lbs are made up of meats" first place goes to Dairy Products, at 632 lbs, another animal product.

A chicken, for example, has almost no brain. The majority of its brain functions happen at the brainstem. Mike the Headless Chicken is a prime example of this. Those who say, "chickens are inquisitive and interesting animals" are fools. Humans are "inquisitive and interesting animals". My Aunt once kept chickens in her backyard farm, and they were so stupid they would occasionally become hypnotized by sticks. We would go out and trick them into staring at long bright things, and they would literally just lay there, staring brainlessly at the brightly colored object.

Acclaimed Director Werner Herzog on Chickens:
I have no qualms about seeing an animal that stupid instantaneously killed and served as food. Chickens are so important to the entirety of the human appetite that any attempts at moral argument are laughable. When it comes to the idea of mass farming, we must realize that as a whole, our population size and societal appetite for meat has left farmers with few choices but to mass farm. It"s not really a decision, so much as it is a necessity.

Well there is honestly no reason to raise them to eat when they are plenty of farmers available. Pretty sure you can find them in grocery to eat.

"Well there is honestly no reason to raise them to eat when they are plenty of farmers available. Pretty sure you can find them in grocery to eat."

I'm not sure how to respond to that...

I meant farmers, not the average Joe.

Now what...

Well guess what we have a lot of farmers so we don't need extra. So now its your turn.

Alright my opponent has basically left the room, so I consider this debate a bust.

That leaves me with a large space to write in, so, I'll fill it with a poem, because screw it:

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

- William Carlos Williams

You were of topic and which I win the debate. So next time be of topic.
Posted by Noogi93 2 years ago
I don't have a problem with raising animals but the part that matters is the way you kill them. Will it be humanly or inhumane?
Posted by 64bithuman 2 years ago
This is the second debate I have tried to be clear on and failed!

Okay! This is an Animal rights debate. I thought it would be quite clear that I meant raising and slaughtering animals for food. That is what I would like to debate.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
I thought the innuendo was too obvious. I didn't want to stoop to that. Lol.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
So much innuendo I could say. I am writing this statement as a monument to my restraint (albeit a slightly self-defeating one).
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
You've never tried one?!?
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
That depends on how people taste. I'll have to try one before deciding.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
That's not saying much. There are lots of things better than raising and slaughtering people.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
it's better than raising and slaughtering people
Vote Placed by gtcmoulder 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Pro's stance that raising animals to eat and use for clothing is normal and necessary. Pro had much better spelling and grammar. Pro actually had something to say, while Con had almost nothing to say and came across as stupid and uninformed, and not sure what the topic was, although Pro stated the topic very clearly.