Nootral4life
visionsofdylan

Is it possible for a black woman or a Mulatto woman to gat married into a European Monarchy?

Nootral4life

Pro

As a black Caribbean American, I personally believe it is a possibility that a black woman can be married into a European Monarchy, It just depends on which country the royal family is from. Times are starting to change, we've seen it in the Danish royal family, when a Danish prince married a woman who is half Chinese and Half Austrian, and the Queen of Sweden id half Brazilian, half German, so Why not have a black woman get married into a European Monarchy.
visionsofdylan

Con

If I am correct, I believe it is illegal for black people, man or woman, to marry into the royal family. In England, for instance, you can get your head cut off. This was started by the Pragmatic Sanction in Austria made by Charles 6th. He said that Africans were not to be in the royal chain. This idea later caught on to France, England and Holland. In the case of mulatto's, I am not sure. I am going to research that one
Nootral4life

Pro

I believe you are mistaken. It is not illegal in any European nation for a Male Monarch to marry a black or a woman whom is half black half white (Mulatto), nor is there a probability that the woman will be executed. For one thing, the European nations had stopped capital punishment for about a good 30 to 50 years now (depending on the nation), and also, the French Monarchy had been abolished for at least 117+ years now, along with the Austrian Empire falling almost a half a century ago. As for the Dutch royal family, I hardly see it as for them not allowing a Black or Mulatto woman to get married in to the royal family. I mean the Dutch people hold a legacy for being one of the most tolerant Europeans along with the Scandinavians. As for the British Monarchy, I find it highly unlikely for a Black or a Mulatto woman ever getting married into the British royal family, everyone knows that it is impossible (that I can agree with you on).
visionsofdylan

Con

Please check your facts before you try to debate me. Every line of royalty in the world declares that Africans or anyone of African descent is not allowed in it. This is a prestigious thing, and I, a young Zimbabwean lad myself, am not ashamed to say that that we have no right to be in there matters. Only beautiful people like Diana of Wales, Grace Kelly and Bono deserve such an honor. I am also not ashamed to yell out "Say it loud- I'm black and I'm Proud"
Nootral4life

Pro

Excuse me, but if I'm not mistaken, last time I checked you're profile, your race was listed as being "White". And saying "I'm black and I'm proud" makes you sound a bit ridiculous.
You said and I quote, "Every line of royalty in the world declares that Africans or anyone of African descent is not allowed in it.". First of all, I have you know that not all monarchies are white, and for your information, there are monarchies in the African Continent, in nations such as Morocco, Swaziland, and Lesotho, and there are also Monarchies in Asia, the Middle east, and Polynesia as well. Also, you cannot speak upon the behalf of "ALL" royal families in the world.
Second, the Prince of Monaco (a small principality on the southern tip of France), had a son with a black woman from Togo. The woman was his girlfriend, the reason why their situation was so scandalous, is because they had the child out of wed lock.
Third, No monarchy in the world has any documentation stating that a black, Mulatto, or any woman of color cannot marry into a European Monarchy (if so then I would like for you to give me a strong, reliable, and factual based resource).
And fourth, you stated that the "Pragmatic Sanction", that was issued by Charles VI had prohibited blacks from marrying in to any European Monarchy. You are dead wrong. The Pragmatic Sanction that was established by the Emperor of Austria, only deals with the conflict of inheritance. The document stated, that only if a male line were to become extinct, through the order of Succession, can a woman take control and inherit the throne. These were laws that were made for the Austrian and Spanish Habsburgs. No document had a statement in which any person of color could or couldn't get married into the royal family, or succeed the throne.
I believe that you're the one who needs to get their facts straightened up.
visionsofdylan

Con

Then why the hell would you start such a dumb debate if you know the blatent answer. I just felt like toying with you calm down. Next time start a debate where there is not a yes or no answer and one that is just such a waste of time. And by the way, I am Zimbawean so don't test me.
Nootral4life

Pro

dude, calm down. This is a professional atmosphere. Plus I never said your Nationality was American, I am aware that there are white Africans. I apologize if I got u pissed.
visionsofdylan

Con

Sorry I am still a little sore about losing our fine country Rhodesia to Africans.
I mean, they stole are land.
Posted by Lithobolos 9 years ago
Lithobolos
"
I mean, they stole are land."

Am i the only one who sees the seething bigotry of this guy. The idea that whites could get "their" African country taken from them by black people is ridiculous. Yes you could argue that taking away farms from whites is bad, but to say that the whole country only belonged to a white minority is foolish.
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
I think if a person from a Royal family was to fall in love with a black woman and asked them to marry it could happen. I mean it really is not up to us to debate ... maybe it will happen maybe not , but really the only one that can decide that is a male in a royal family in a European monarchy who meets a woman who is black .. I am not understanding what the debate is about.
Posted by Randomknowledge 9 years ago
Randomknowledge
I beleive that no one is challenging you because they all agree...just a thought.
Vote Placed by Lithobolos 9 years ago
Lithobolos
Nootral4lifevisionsofdylanTied
Vote Placed by Nootral4life 9 years ago
Nootral4life
Nootral4lifevisionsofdylanTied
Vote Placed by Miserlou 9 years ago
Miserlou
Nootral4lifevisionsofdylanTied
Vote Placed by Randomknowledge 9 years ago
Randomknowledge
Nootral4lifevisionsofdylanTied
Vote Placed by visionsofdylan 9 years ago
visionsofdylan
Nootral4lifevisionsofdylanTied