mrw
CerebralCortex

Is it possible that Barack Obama is the Antichrist mentioned in the Bible?

mrw

Pro

I will let my opponent argue first.
CerebralCortex

Con

It is impossible that anyone living in bronze age time would have any knowledge about Obama,
or anyone else, for that matter, that lives in our time.
Well, I mean, someone can argue technically that anything is possible
but lets just say that I would believe the earth is flat and sitting on the back of a tortoise before I would believe your particular claim.
mrw

Pro

Yes, it does seem unlikely. One of the comments that has been posted argues that Barack Obama does not say he was born in Bethlehem. In other words, he does not claim that Bethlehem is his birthplace yet. I chose Barack Obama to point out that even if someone looks like they will save the nation, that only makes it more likely that he is the Antichrist. It also has been told that he be a world leader. Lastly, it is written that he will "deceive the entire earth". Whatever evidence is points against my claim could be false. The question is if it is possible, and this question does not have a way to prove the con side, therefore making it possible that Barack Obama is the Antichrist.
CerebralCortex

Con

It is also possible that you or I are the Antichrist.
mrw

Pro

mrw forfeited this round.
CerebralCortex

Con

This is the silliest debate I ever participated in :-)
Posted by Tin_Man 7 years ago
Tin_Man
This is a silly argument. Of course it's possible, if we are going to assume the Bible is true. It's also possible that Obama is a Muslim, or a transsexual, or a robot. Almost anything is possible.

This argument would be much more entertaining if "possible" was changed to "likely" or "probable", but under the current argument, Con can't possibly win. I wouldn't say it's due to lack of ability, just a badly-phrased argument.
Posted by resolutionsmasher 7 years ago
resolutionsmasher
Not that he isn't close, but the antichrist will claim to be born in bethlehem. We all know that Barack Obama wasn't born in Israel.
Posted by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
What is the resolution and what side are you on?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
mrwCerebralCortexTied
Reasons for voting decision: While pro attempted to concede, the poor strength of pro's arguments and skipping a round undid it. While it's possible anyone is the anti-christ, for all relevance to this debate that's by too slim a margin. (technically speaking the bible is set in the middle east, with a world view pertaining to the middle east, therefore a guy predicted in it's pages would have to come from there).