kbui94
sebastian.vignone

Is it possible to romantically love more than one person at once?

kbui94

Pro

1.Romantically loving someone is intimate relationships to an individual contributing to a significant relationship connection.

2.A relationship is an agreement between people based on trust.
3.You cannot confuse romantic love with filial love, which is the relationship between a parent and a child opposed to an intimate relationship between others.

4.Society sets a standard for love that doesn't necessarily follow the way the heart would feel which most people cannot control.

5.Polygamy standards are when an individual is committed to multiple individuals that have the same trust as in monogamy relationships

6.Death can be a factor, the individual can be in love with the person they are with, and still love the departed partner.

7.Love is unlike a toy, it cannot simply be thrown away because of lost interest.

8.Therefore, you are able to romantically love more than one person at once.

Non-controversial: Premise 1,2 and 3 are non-controversial because my opponent would agree to the fact of romantic love and a relationship.

Controversial: Premise 4 and 7 talk about emotional state and how it would affect the reasoning. Premise 5 and 6 are specifically talking about a situation that can occur, like how death can be a factor of romantically loving more than one person and.
sebastian.vignone

Con

(1.)I agree

(2.)I agree

(3.)I agree

(4.)I agree with this first part of premise four, however, I do not believe that there are some people who cannot control the way they feel. Everyone is capable of this, hence the term self-control, but I do believe that there are people who will not control their feelings because they like the feeling of affection coming from more than one source at the same time.

(5.)My opponent has correctly defined the standards in polygamy, however, more often than not one (or more) of the partners/spouses will often end up feeling like he/she is favored less than one of the other partners/spouses, and might then be inclined to feel like the person of their affection doesn"t love them as much, or at all.

(6.)I disagree. I acknowledge that death plays a major factor in everyone"s life at some point or other. But if someone you loved, so dearly, were to die, wouldn"t those strong emotions be seared into your very being? Years later, when you"re looking at a photograph won"t the emotions come rushing to the surface, you"ll become teary eyed and the feelings you had for the deceased will be even stronger because you know that you will never be able to hold them, or speak directly to them as you once did.

(7.)He is correct, love is not a toy. But love should not be toyed with. Men and women of all ages are now playing tossing the word "love" around like it"s nothing. We have become desensitized to what love really is, and since it doesn"t carry the weight it was intended to anymore, people now view it as "something to try."

(8.)These are but a few of a reasons that you are unable to romantically love more than one person

Non-controversial: Premise 1, 2, and 3 because I agree with the definition or romantically loving someone, how he defined relationships, and the distinct difference between filial love and romantic love

Controversial: Premise 4 and 7 bring into question ones emotional health. Does the poor state of someone emotional wellness affect how they view romantic relationships? Premise 5 and 6 are situational, and can vary from situation to situation. However being that they are situational, if it does affect whether or not you romantically love someone, did you really love them to begin with anyways?
kbui94

Pro

4. I agree with the fact that there are some people that will not control their feelings but that doesn"t mean that the person doesn"t show their feelings toward their partners. It clearly states that they won"t control their feelings but still have romantic feelings for one another even if it is more than one person.

5. Even though the partner feels that they are favored less does not mean that the person doesn"t have romantic feelings toward them. It is still shown just not as much between the other partners, which would mean possible for romantically loving more than one.

6. Just because you feel more for the deceased a certain way because of traumatization doesn"t necessarily mean that the person can"t have romantic feelings for the current partner. Although it may be less affection toward them it would still be considered romantic love.

7. I agree with your statement that men and women of all ages are tossing the word love around but that doesn"t mean that the person doesn"t romantically love all of them. It just simply states that people might be in love with two people and may have torn feelings between the two and could possibly romantically love all of the partners.
sebastian.vignone

Con

4. Even if one is making the attempt to physically manifest romantic feelings, that doesn't mean that they are really there. If you don't have all of your emotions and thoughts under lock and key how can you be sure of which are real, and which are fleeting, moments of passion, and that is not romance.

5. I agree

6. I agree

7. Since you have agreed with my previous statement, how than can you say this knowing full well that these people do not know what love really is. They can then take their misinterpretation of love, and believe that they have romantic feelings for all of the ones they "love", but in reality do not because they cannot correctly define love or a "romantic relationship"
kbui94

Pro

4. But one cannot control their functions of their heart; if a person were to feel the same way towards two people through romantic it doesn"t stop them from showing it towards people. It is only because it is considered such a sin that it is rare to see it occur but if it was allowed there would be more people that would acknowledge how they would feel towards the multiple partners

7. But just because they cannot correctly define love or a romantic relationship doesn"t mean that they do not experience the romantic feelings in the situation. That proves that even though they cannot define what it is, it still means that those feelings exists for all of the partners.
sebastian.vignone

Con

4. I agree with most of this. The only part I disagree with is that being romantically involved with more than one person would be more allowed. Where as it wouldn't as taboo, society would still be stuck in their past ways

7. I agree
kbui94

Pro

1.We have agree on terms of the definition of romantically loving someone.

2. We agreed that a relationship is an agreement between people based on trust.

3. Both sides agree that romantic love cannot be confused with filial love.

4. I still believe that people would show their feelings romantically towards multiple people because since the views of society force people to keep them hidden, it would seem not possible.

5. We both agreed on the polygamy standards are when an individual is committed to multiple partners that have the same trust as monogamy relationships.

6. Both sides have that death can be a factor where an individual can be in love with the person they are with and the still love the departed person.

7. We have agreed that love is unlike a toy, it cannot be simply thrown away because of lost interest.

8. Therefore, it is possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
sebastian.vignone

Con

(1.)We both agree that romantically loving someone is intimate relationships to an individual contributing to a significant relationship connection.

(2.)We both agree that a relationship is an agreement between people based on trust.

(3.)We both agree that you cannot confuse romantic love with filial love, which is the relationship between a parent and a child opposed to an intimate relationship between others.

(4.)I disagree with his statement "society sets a standard for love that doesn"t necessarily to the way the heart would feels which some cannot control." because I believe that no matter what we have the ability to control our emotions, whether we recognize it or not.

(5.)We both agree that polygamy standards are when on individual is committed to multiple individuals that has the same trust as in monogamy relationships

(6.)We both agree that death can be a factor, the individual can be in love with the person they are with, and still love the departed partner.

(7.)We both agree that love is unlike a toy, it cannot simply be thrown away because of lost interest.

(8.)Therefore, you are unable to romantically love more than one person at once.