Ashley_95
georgegayles

Is it possible to romantically love more than one person at once?

Ashley_95

Con

Can you love two people at the same? So you think your heart is filled with all that love ? I mean some might say it's possible because both our parents love us and we love them just the same, but have you ever thought about those moments when you notice that you love one parent more than the other or your just closer to one parent than you are to the other? And as for your parents do you really think they love you and your siblings the same ? There's always that one sibling that your mom loves more or your dad loves more but they always say that they love you the same. There's a difference between love and just liking the person, though we might mistake our feelings of like for love it's totally different. I think that's why some people might say that when they have feelings for two people at the same time they say they love both but in fact they love one and like the other. If you can love people then what's the use of people getting in to a committed relationship? Getting in to a committed relationship and loving two people means you aren't really committed. While your with one person your thinking about the other and vise versa. This would cause the big percentage of marriage failures and even relationship failures too increase. Most likely half of the worlds population would be single and depressed. I say that because either those people were stuck between choose who they so call love more or they took too long to choose and both people gave up and moved on with their lives. But that all would be a waste of time in the person who's choosing life because they don't love both people. The mind play tricks on us to make us think that something is what it truly isn't and that where we get the idea of loving two people. I think this question mostly falls under the category for women. Women often want to find the so called perfect man and they look for all their needs in different guys and when it comes down to two guys they THINK they fell in love with both men. I said think because obviously one man had most of the things she want in a man while the other doesn't . So most likely she fell in love with the guy who fills most of her needs, while just liking the other. Most people will actually think they are in love because of their sexually desires. That's why most people are told not to put sex as their number one factor in their relationship, people tend to have sex and because of how good their sexual needs were met they consider that love and it isn't. As I said before your brain plays tricks on you and that is one of the tricks. Also those women who only stay with they baby fathers because of their children when they are in love with some one else and at that period in time they force them selves to believe it is love when in all actuality it is not love it is the feeling and those pressures that you actually feel. The thought of loving two people is crazy who would really want to put themselves through all that, especially the fact that it is unfair to those who you claim you are in love with because they actually think you love them. This problem is often found in teens especially when they first hit the stage of puberty. With so many emotions and feelings go on every other week you might be crushing on someone new tell each other how much you love each other when that is just the stage of puppy love . Which is not actually love, you just like the person. This is real life not a fairy tale, that act that is portrayed in movies and different shows about someone falling in love with two people and choosing who's best for them or even losing both is all just an act, an act to confuse our minds to think maybe this possible. Maybe I can love two people at the same time. No you can't, that act is impossible, movies are like fairy tales they tell you want you want to hear, it makes all the dreams and thing you which were true seem true but it's not. Just like how there's no real happy ever after in real life, theirs no way you can love two people at the same time.
georgegayles

Pro

Can you love to people at the same time ? Some people say you can others disagree. I believe you can be in love with two people at the same time. As we grow older we begin to grow stronger feelings for our significant other or friends. For example Its like having two cousins you love dearly and you spend everyday with them. And your put in a situation where they both ask you who do you love more. Your answer would be you love them both equally, Nether one is better than the other its just you love them both equally and you can't choose who you love more. I believe women go threw this phase more than men because when a female is presented something they never experienced they get attached to it fast. In that case that would be an man and or woman. This is when another person comes around and presents her with something she hasn't experienced and becomes in love with her other mate. There"s no specific limit on how many people an human being can love. You can love two people but for two completely different reasons. You can love a person because of them being themselves around you and love a person for the things they do for you. In some religions such as Islam they allows multiple wives. The Koran teaches that men are allowed to have four wives but only if they can financially support all of them. In today"s society they try to portray only having one loving and getting married and to start a family. I believe having two mates is a good thing. When one becomes aggravating you can leave her to go to your other wife and when she becomes aggravating you leave her and go back to the other one. You switch back and forth in between them. Many might disagree with having to mates because they all believe that you can truly only love one person. You love one person and you can like the other. That could be the case but in other people"s situation they do love to people and don't want to hurt either of their mates so they stay with both because they love them too much to ever hurt them. There's a thing called open relationship where people have a agreement on having more then than one partner meaning they agree on their partner to have romantic and sexual relationship occurring at the same time they are in a relationship with their mate. If people can agree on being in a open relationship why cant be be in love with two be that's basically the same thing. If your willing to let your mate know that you want to be with them and be with another person and their willing to tolerate you being with another person why cant you love two people ?
Ashley_95

Con

Can you love two people at the same time ? I mean do you really think its possible? I don't . I mean how can you bring your heart to handle all that confusion? You can't justify the romantic love you have for someone by comparing that love to the one you have for a family member because the love you have for your family member isn't romantic. That love is natural, for example you don't love your parents romantically. I disagree with my opponent because if I was asked who I love more weather it's family are not I can't say I love those two people equally. Now that's impossible, not even your parents love you and your siblings the same. Yes, they lie and say that they love you guys equally knowing they love one more than the other just to consider your feelings and so that the fighting between you and your siblings won't happen. You know that the parent loves one more than the other because theirs always a favorite,the one that's always getting the first pick clothes or always getting more money than you do. As for you example with the cousins im pretty sure you have a favorite cousin, you can't love them both because they aren't the same person. Two different people two different personalities. Twins, though they might be identical in every way shape of form there's always a way to tell them a part and that would be based on their personalities whether they both might have great personalities theirs always a differences. Well love is a emotion that's specified on confined to one particular person or thing its not an umbrella when it comes to romance , for example people hate cheating in relationships. One can't love two people at the same time because realistically one love is always stronger so in essence u don't really love two people you love one. For example in Twilight Bella was in love with two people she was in love with Jacob and she was also love with Edward. But she realize that in all actuality she wasn't in love with Jacob well technically she was in love with him,she does realize that she loved Edward way more and the feelings that she had for Jacob was matter of liking him to an extent but not loving him to a point where she would want to be for him to wait to be with Edward. So in all actuality you are actually deeply in love with one person and you feel something that is not quite love for the other person. According to my opponent women face this phase more than men do but I technically I disagree because men usually tend to hide their feelings more than women do so men they do fall in love as quickly as women in a do fall in love more than people would think and there are chances where men have fallen in love with two different women or think they have fell in love with two different women. I use the term think very loosely will not even very loosely I just use the word think because as I said you don't really fall in love with two people you always love one more than you love the other so while you may think the term up with both people technically you're not you just love the presence of the second person but you just don't know how to express that so you express that by saying yeah I'm in love that person too. Saying that there is no specific limit to how much or how many people a person can love is ridiculous you can't sit there and love five people like how does that work how do you spread that love, how do you share that you're telling me you could sit there and love five people now that is impossible there's no way you can love five people. Again I bring up the love that you have for your family unless this is the love that you have for your family then you can't love five people. The only reason you can love five people when it comes to family members because you have to remember some of us do have big family members so it's not the same thing as loving someone romantically that love you have for your families totally different. Loving five people romantically how do you do that? The religion that they have in Islam where men are allowed to have multiple women as wives does not satisfy it even beginning to explain this topic because you can be married to someone you don't love it is not rare like people from other countries for example they sit there and they marry people they don't love just so they can get to become citizens it's the same thing men that marry women because they want they probably need someone to watch over their kids, clean their house stuff like that and some people just want to have sex with multiple women they just want to feel big and bad and you never know . Why most men have multiple wives they probably get bored and they don't want to get a divorce so they just have multiple women it's not love it's out of selfishness.
georgegayles

Pro

georgegayles forfeited this round.
Ashley_95

Con

Ashley_95 forfeited this round.
georgegayles

Pro

georgegayles forfeited this round.
Ashley_95

Con

Ashley_95 forfeited this round.
georgegayles

Pro

georgegayles forfeited this round.