Is it possible to romantically love more than one person?
Debate Rounds (4)
2. Love is a finite source. There is no set limit to love. The limit does not exist.
3. Romantic love is much like regular love where you have feelings for someone but romantic love is more passionate and love you wouldn't experience with a family member.
4. You may be in a relationship with one person now and still have feeling for your ex.
5. It does not mean you love one less it means you love two people.
6. People who identify as polyandry love more than one person.
Therefore it is possible to love more than one person.
Premise 1, 2, 3 are non-controversial. Because they are statements. Premise 3 is a definition of love. And premise 2 explains that there is no set limit to love.
Premise 4 and 5 are controversial. One may not believe in the act in cheating or having feelings for one more person however it happened and it is possible.
Premise 6 is non-controversial because it is an actual way people identify their love.
2.Lots of people lie about love.
3.Love has no measurement so how would one person measure the love of two people to make sure this person loves both equally.
4.You can"t still love your ex and be in a relationship.
5.Relationships for the most part are Monogamy.
6.Monogamy only loves one person.
Premise 1 is non-controversial it is a statement saying what I believe in.
Premise 2 and 4 are controversial because people lie about love all the time. People settle for the love they can"t have.
Premise 3 is controversial because how can you measure love?
Premise 5 is controversial depending on the relationship we are talking about. If we are going with tradition values on a set religion then it is monogamy.
Premise 6 is non-controversial because it is a definition.
2. They may not state that they love two people to spare ones feelings.
3. They can also be telling the truth and tell you right up front that they love you and someone else.
4. You can still love an ex because the person may have been physiology and physically attached to said person.
5.The person may not be over the ex because they did not want to break up.
6.It"s not always settling, one may have found a great person and loves them but still has feeling of love towards another person.
7. Rome wasn't built in a day and the same can be said about love.
2.Instead of sparing feeling they should tell the truth.
3.You can"t still love an ex because if they broke up with you and you have a deep attachment then that hurts you. When that hurts you can"t ever love the person the same anymore.
4.In one way or another person will realize the ex-stopped loving them so they will feel resentful and stop loving the ex.
5.You stop loving the ex, once you get in a new relationship.
2. Although it may not be righto lie, People still do it.
3. You stated that you can never love the person the same anymore" you aren"t ruling out the fact that you can love the person still.
4. It may not be the same but it is still love.
5. It takes time to stop loving someone.
6. You don"t instantly start loving someone the second you get in a relationship.
2.It"s not love if someone is lying.
3.Once you find out someone doesn't love you, you begin to stop loving them.
4. You don"t instantly start loving someone the second you get in a relationship with them. So it"s possible to only have feeling with one person because you feeling of love are unidentified at the moment.
2.Love is a finite source. There are no set limits to love.
3. Polyandry is the set idea of loving more than one person.
4.You can love your ex and another partner
5.Love is not always honest and truthful.
6.You can not love someone instantly, it takes time.
7.People have dependencies such a psychology, emotional and physical to a person.
8.Although you may not love someone they same as you once loved them, it does not define that you ever stopped loving them.
9.People do crazy thing in the name of love.
Therefore it is possible to romantically love more than one person.
Premise 1 is controversial because its stating that is possible.
Premises 2, 3, are not controversial because they are definitions of love.
Premise 4 is controversial however still possible.
Premise 5 is non-controversial because love is everywhere and everything.
Premise 6 is controversial debating on love at first sight.
Premise 7 is non-controversial because people do have these dependencies.
Premise 8 is non-controversial because as my partner stated you may not love them the same but did not deny the fact that you can still love them.
Premise 9 is non-controversial because people do in fact do crazy things for the name of love. Some might be unjustified but its for love.
I think my argument is reasonable enough to agree that you can romantically love more than one person. It may seem like a crazy idea to some traditional folks but it is possible.
2.People lie about love.
3.Love has no measurement.
4.Monogamy relationships believe in one love.
5.Once you find out that a person does not love you, then you start to stop loving them.
6.Love is not instant.
Premise 1 is controversial because some people may debate that is possible to romantically love more than one person.
Premise 2 is controversial because people do lie about love but some people tell the truth too.
Premise 3 is non-controversial because love has no measurement.
Premise 4 is non-controversial because it is a set belief.
Premise 5 can be controversial depending on the person.
Premise 6 is non-controversial because love takes time.
In my argument I feel as though I help up a fight but however have lost in some reasoning"s. My partner debated her side stronger and even opened me up to believing it"s true to romantically love more than one person.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.