BessPerezC
Santanam21

Is it possible to romantically love two people at once?

BessPerezC

Pro

1.Love is defined as a deep feeling of romantic and sexual attraction to someone.
2.Familial love, friendships and polyamorous relationships will be excluded from this argument.
3.Being in love with two people is like dating two people back-to-back.
4.In regards to the last premise, when two people break up and begin to date others those feelings they had don"t magically disappear, but they go on to date someone else and love them just like they loved their previous partner.
5.Love is not limited to a certain number.
6.Romantic and sexual attraction happen at various points throughout the lifetime, so it is possible for it to happen twice simultaneously.
7.No one person can decide how, when or why they will fall in love
8.Therefore, you can romantically love more than one person at the same time.

Non-Controversial premises: 1; it is a definition of love and shows how it is being used for the basis of the argument. 2; an example of different forms of love that will be excluded for this argument. 6; is a widely known fact followed by an observation. 7; widely known fact.
Controversial premises: 3 and 4; using an ordinary socially accepted way of life to show how being in love with more than one person at once is plausible. 5; just noting that there has never been a limit on when, how much and how many people you can love.
Santanam21

Con

1. I agree
2. I agree
3. Dating another individual right after a breakup does not necessarily guarantee love.
4. It is not possible to have the same kind of love you have for one person, for another seeing as how every individual and relationship is uniquely different.
5. I agree
6. It is possible to feel attracted towards two people at the same time, but it is impossible to ignore the undeniable favor of one over another.
7. I agree
BessPerezC

Pro

1.If you"re dating two people back-to-back with no grievance period it is highly likely that the attachment you experience to the second person will lead to love, especially due to the level of vulnerability.
2.I wasn"t referring to the kind of love they have, just the way in which the love happened.
3.Of course two people can"t have the same kind of love for others as they had with each other, I agree.
4.There are some people who are able to love two people at once and feel no more in love with one than the other.
5.Not even talking about polyandry, but love triangles are the perfect example of a person simply loving two people equally as passionately and not being able to pick one over the other.
Santanam21

Con

1. Dating two people right after each other could lead to love but not necessarily as there are "rebound" cases.
2. Regardless of how the love happened or the measures of love they are in, each experience is truly different depending on different people.
3. There is still a difference in love for two people, especially if they are different from one another.
4. One is seen as more of a homely kind of love, while the other can be seen as a wild night out sort of love.
5. They are choosing not to pick one over another because the circumstances allowed it, but if forced to choose, they would pick the one they are more madly in love with.
BessPerezC

Pro

1.It could happen, that"s enough to prove me right.
2.I already agreed with you on this.
3.I"m not saying that the love for the two people won"t be different, I"ve already agreed on that.
4.The point I"m making is it is possible to experience those two completely different loves simultaneously.
5.But you agree, that they love to people at the same time.
6.The Bachelor, for example, by the end of the season the bachelor always loves more than one girl he"s just forced to choose one
Santanam21

Con

1.The way they love will be different for the both of those people.
2.One will be a romantic love and the other will either be just sex or just a deep friendship but they wont both be romantic loves
3.Which proves my point, that you always favor one over the other because the bachelor never chooses or asks can he pick both girls.
BessPerezC

Pro

8.There are some people who are able to love two people at once and feel no more in love with one than the other.
9.The Bachelor, for example, by the end of the season the bachelor always loves more than one girl he"s just forced to choose one
10.Therefore, you can romantically love more than one person at the same time.
Non-Controversial premises: 1; it is a definition of love and shows how it is being used for the basis of the argument. 2; an example of different forms of love that will be excluded for this argument. 6; is a widely known fact followed by an observation. 7; widely known fact. 8; an observation.
Santanam21

Con

1. I agree
2. I agree
5. I agree
7. I agree
8. Regardless of how the love happened or the measures of love they are in, each experience is truly different depending on different people.
9. There is still a difference in love for two people, especially if they are different from one another.
10. Therefore, you cannot love two people at once.
Posted by jsgolfer 2 years ago
jsgolfer
Why is this in education?