marg2003
tvellalott

Is it rape if the victim likes it?

Con Tied Pro

marg2003

Con

One has to consider the idea that even though rape is an unethical action, it may not be to the victim.
Being raped,and enjoying the moment of it should not be called rape. That should be considered more of a molestation. Since many people have probably been touched sexually by someone else in their life time, volunteered or not, not many people report a rape file. Most would believe that it is because one would be scared to talk about that idea, but mainly because they did enjoy the sensual feeling that came along with it.
Being raped is when one is forced into intercourse of any type or even just being sexually touched nowadays; the idea of it should be be called rape if the victim enjoys the feeling, the pleasure of it. Many people may just call it bondage.

( I tried coming up with a new topic that has not been talked about)
tvellalott

Pro

Thank you to my opponent for an interesting topic.

My opponent’s definition: "Being raped is when one is forced into intercourse of any type or even just being sexually touched."

COUNTER-ARGUMENT

The following line sums up the resolution my opponent is arguing for: “Being raped and enjoying the moment of it should not be called rape. “

This is completely untrue.

For instance, here we see [1] Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder. In short, this is a medical disorder which causes constant arousal to the sufferer. If someone with this disorder were to be rape, it is logical to assume that she would enjoy the sex.

But really, do I need to be so scientific? The idea that a women orgasming while being raped reduces the abhorrence of the act in any amount is clearly ridiculous.

The female sexual reproductive organs have evolved to maximise human desire to have sex. It is clearly a biological incentive to breed and there is no evidence to suggest that intimacy and orgasm are correlated. Sexual penetration is pleasurable. While in most cases the psychological stress of the situation makes enjoyment impossible, the fact a women orgasms while being raped is irrelevance to the extremity of the act.

REBUTTALS

Since many people have probably been touched sexually by someone else in their life time, volunteered or not, not many people report a rape file.

Most would believe that it is because one would be scared to talk about that idea, but mainly because they did enjoy the sensual feeling that came along with it.

Perhaps you should Google “rape councillors” and send out some emails. A simple search will give you thousands of anecdotal stories about rape. A women orgasming during sex doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with her. She is more likely not to mention the fact because she is embarrassed and confused about why she enjoyed the sexual aspect of the rape. A simple understanding of the vagina would answer any doubt about her mental state.

CONCLUSION

There are is an obvious confusion here. A women being raped means, by my opponents very definition, that she is forced against her will, to have sex or be sexual touched.

This means, that regardless of whether she orgasms, shoots ping pong balls or squirts milk out her butt, she has still been raped.

Con’s definition and resolution are self-rebutting.

VOTE PRO

SOURCES

[1] http://www.sexualhealthaustralia.com.au...

marg2003

Con

First of all thank-you for debating.

You pointed out mainly that only females get raped. However, you have to consider the view of the male population as well. it has been proved that not only do the pretty girls get "rape," but rather do as the males, and what people call to be "less fortunate." One must also take in the view of kids.
When I was five years old, I went to the bathroom with my cousin. While in the bathroom, my cousins decided to sexually molest me; then he decided to "rape" me. Since that moment, I loved it. I got into the idea of bondage. Which is a hardcore "rape" intercourse. Even though I was young at age 5 when I got raped. I did not, nor I see it not as a rape. This is because I enjoyed every moment of it. My parents , and uncles who were in then next room to us never found out.
From my personal experience, it is not rape if the victim likes it, and more over on a male, than a female.
The idea however, is that rape should be seen as a action of forced sexual intercourse, with the victim not enjoying it.
tvellalott

Pro

Thank you to my opponent for his hasty response.

COUNTER ARGUMENTS

“You pointed out mainly that only females get raped.”

No, I did however focus on females. I’m pretty certain females are much more likely to be raped than men, but it’s irrelevant anyway. My arguments from the previous round are simply extended to cover males as well. Strangely enough, men possess a “Gräfenberg Spot” inside their rectum. Though I can’t think of a biological reason to explain its purpose, it’s clearly an erogenous zone.

So the arguments for women also apply for men; just because an erogenous zone is stimulated creating feelings of physical pleasure, doesn’t nullify the act of rape.

REBUTTALS

“Even though I was young at age 5 when I got raped. I did not, nor I see it not as a rape.”

“From my personal experience, it is not rape if the victim likes it.”

“…rape should be seen as a action of forced sexual intercourse.”

I’m afraid your personal anecdotes don’t support your case. Your cousin still raped you. In fact, aged five you were hardly in a cognitive position to differentiate between right and wrong.

I can’t speak for you, so I won’t hypothesise about correlations between childhood sexual abuse and adult sexual deviancy, but I must stress the point: the fact you don’t see rape as a crime, IF the victim experiences pleasure, is completely erroneous.

Let me pose a hypothetical situation for you; imagine I kidnapped a girl (or a man for that matter) and tied her up in the sex dungeon in my basement. If I stimulated her erogenous zones until she was aroused and climaxed, does that nullify the act of kidnapping? Why not? She has enjoyed the act of being kidnapped… Following this line of reasoning is a slippery slope.

CONCLUSION

My opponent has not made a strong case for his side. Rape is always rape, regardless of whether the victim experiences physiological or psychological pleasure. If it isn’t forced, it isn’t rape.

Resolution is refuted.

VOTE Pro

marg2003

Con

marg2003 forfeited this round.
tvellalott

Pro

Extend arguments.

VOTE Con.

Posted by marg2003 6 years ago
marg2003
Didt mean to forfeit, I had an essay for class; dedicated to that instead.
Yes, i opened the subject as against since it be easier to find someone to debate as one would obviously day that it is still rape :-).
Posted by rogue 6 years ago
rogue
Woooow. My RFD is identical to Lwerd's. I cannot believe con was that open in a debate.
Posted by Danielle 6 years ago
Danielle
RFD-

Before/After: Self-Explanatory

Conduct: Con skipped a round, and his comments in R2 led me to believe he was trolling...? Mayhaps? If not I'm sorry.

Spelling/Grammar: Pro had better overall organization in addition to better s and g.

Sources: Only Pro used a source to back up his argument

Arguments: Self-explanatory, though the fact that Con failed to offer a final rebuttal made it pretty clear that Pro won. Essentially this - "A women being raped means, by [Con's] very definition, that she is forced against her will, to have sex or be sexual touched. This means, that regardless of whether she orgasms, shoots ping pong balls or squirts milk out her butt, she has still been raped." I could go into more detail about why Pro is right, but considering I can only judge what was presented, this will suffice. His conclusion from R1 was supported and not refuted.
Posted by mongeese 6 years ago
mongeese
Pretty simple vote here, as Con forfeited.
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
I put vote Con at the end of my last round.
Egad, please disregard that.
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
Seems so. I was actually ready to argue Con's resolution for lulz, but I didn't read it properly.
Lets see if Con returns...
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
Lets see if Con returns...
Posted by Sangers 6 years ago
Sangers
lol easy win tv?
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
Fvcked up my formatting >_< The two short paragraphs after "rebuttals" are quotes.
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
Lol, i wonder if Pro can win in this...
Vote Placed by marg2003 6 years ago
marg2003
marg2003tvellalottTied
Vote Placed by rogue 6 years ago
rogue
marg2003tvellalottTied
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
marg2003tvellalottTied
Vote Placed by mongeese 6 years ago
mongeese
marg2003tvellalottTied
Vote Placed by SuperRobotWars 6 years ago
SuperRobotWars
marg2003tvellalottTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 6 years ago
Danielle
marg2003tvellalottTied
Vote Placed by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
marg2003tvellalottTied