Is "ladies first" sexist?

I would like to debate someone who thinks "ladies first" is not sexist.

Round 1 is for acceptance.

1. Proper grammar and spelling must be used.
2. All sources, if any, must be cited.
3. Arguments must be intelligent.

I look forward to debating this topic.

Hello and thank you for responding.

I will now state my points:

1. Women are humans too.
Why are women considered to be inferior to men? They may be weaker in upper body strength, but not mentally. I have met plenty of females that were stronger than most males. I am not saying I would hit a women. I respect them and I would let them go before me, but I do the same to men. They are both humans and I will treat them as such. Here is a line from a site that I found:

""Ladies First" implies that women are entitled to "better" treatment simply because of they"re women? No different than
implying that men are entitled to "better" treatment because of their genitals. Or white people because of their skin color."[1]

It's true. Women are just as capable of waiting in line as men are. "Ladies first" is allowing females to be lazy.

2. Why not manners first?[1]
Like I said in the last point, "[t]hey are both humans and I will treat them as such." Why don't we say "people first" or "manners first" instead of "ladies first"? As humans, we must learn to treat all humans the same way. We must all use good manners instead if segregation and sexism.

3. Sexism resembles racism
"If you replace gender with race there would be a public outcry; for example "White people first!"."[2] They are very similar. They are both saying that one side is inferior to the other. We know that black people are equal to white people; We even know that women are equal to men...So who do we act like they aren't?

I have more points, but I choose to leave it at this for now.

InVinoVeritas forfeited this round.

I want to say to everyone that InVinoVeritas contacted me, saying he will be away for a week and will not be able to continue this debate. That is the only reason he forfeited. Please do not bother voting in this debate. I will start another debate with the same topic:

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

InVinoVeritas forfeited this round.

jamccartney forfeited this round.

InVinoVeritas forfeited this round.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
Also, dannyc: oh my.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
Ooh, I think it is sexist! Should be fun to watch this debate!
Posted by dannyc 2 years ago
It's passive kindness to women, it is a sexual thing, men feel the need to show dominance over women, most animals have this trait, we have ingrained it into our cultures and istead of physcial dominance, which is still a strong trait and many people are aroused by it, we have passive control. Like 'the man has the tv remote' or 'sits at the top of the table at dinner'. Holding a door open therefore is parallel to rough, harsh anal sex. Hope this helps.
Posted by Gokualwayswin 2 years ago
If I have to jump in a volcano...

Ladies first!
Vote Placed by Anakin 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: V
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: A debate like this all hinges on the definition of "sexism". It could either be "discrimination based upon sex" or "unfair discrimination based upon sex". I think PRO was leaning towards the latter, although the former is prima facie true for this particular resolution. Regardless, CON did not retort. Tie requested, so tie.