openminded101
Wylted

Is law of attraction real? Your thoughts are reality? Any bad luck is a by product of your thoughts?

Wylted

openminded101

Con

There is no evidence to support that your thoughts manifest reality. Law of attraction is just nonsense and ways of marketing for money. Law of attraction claims that life revolves around your thoughts. There is no evidence to support that. Reality is its own separate entity.
Wylted

Pro

Thank you for posting this debate. I look forward to it.
openminded101

Con

There is no evidence to support that thoughts create reality. It just a fake pseudo-science marketing BS.
Wylted

Pro

How you can manifest your dreams

"There is no evidence to support your thoughts manifest (create) reality"

This statement makes no sense. It's a complete misuse and misunderstanding of the word manifest[1] create and manifest aren't interchangable.

When LOA people speaking of manifesting your goals they are speaking of perceiving them. Your brain is a tool for perceiving reality.[2] Your perceptions can be altered therefore altering your perception of reality.[3]

Your brain affects your reality.

No actions are possible without thought [4]. Your actions are directed by your thoughts. Your actions affect reality. If you cut down a tree, then reality contains one less tree.

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[2] http://www.sciencedaily.com...
[3] http://www.livescience.com...
[4] http://en.wikipedia.org...
openminded101

Con

There goes more into thought, then just affecting actions. We are bombarded with thousands of thoughts a day. You can still have thoughts but that won't become action. This is why people procrastinate. They really want to do it, but they put it off last minute. People think of suicide, do all of them do it? NO. Just because you have thoughts about something doesn't become an action. People want to quit drugs, do they actually quit drugs? NO. They need forced help from other people. I can sit here and tell you, I will get a 90 on my test. But I can still procrastinate, I can still make excuses. Reality is completely separate from thoughts.
Wylted

Pro

" This is why people procrastinate"

The Law of Attraction helps with this. LOA helps people to focus their thoughts on what it is they truly want. If your only major thought is getting an A on that test you will study, schmooze your teacher and use every strategy for learning the material you can think of. This is why LOA helps you direct your thoughts.

" I can still make excuses"

The law of attraction is a shortcut to get you into an empowering mindset. LOA won't allow excuses. You dominant thought is going to be what can I do in this moment to help insure I get that A. No excuse works because LOA doesn't allow them. LOA only allows you to use positive productive thoughts. Instead of saying you don't have time you would have to ask yourself " how can I make time to study" . Instead of saying I just can't concentrate you would have to ask " what can I do to concentrate?".

Your thoughts that lead to inaction affect the world as much as the ones that lead you to take action.
openminded101

Con

openminded101 forfeited this round.
Wylted

Pro

I wish you would stop forfeiting your debates. Put some work in. I know in real life if your point of view sounds more logical and like some good old fashioned common sense then you will typically win your personal 1 on 1 debates with people. However here with both sides getting an equal say research pays off. Take some time to think about your position. Do your research on this topic. Stop letting me frame the debate. Do your due diligence and then come back and attack me please.
openminded101

Con

I looked into it harder, and done more research and have come to a conclusion that you are right. My judgement of opinion was from the book or movie "The secret". It was a load of crap, they didn't emphasize on action at all. And literally made it seem that thoughts was all that a mattered. Even if you just sit on the couch and visualize all day long it will manifest. That was my main point. But the way you have put it, has made logical sense and I don't see a reason to refute your rebuttal. This was a great debate.
Wylted

Pro

Thank you con. The law of attraction can be a dangerous thing for people inclined to new age beliefs. Such as people attracted to the movie the secret. For people who know action needs to follow the right mindset then LOA is useful. For a more practical approach to LOA read Napoleon Hill's - Think and Grow Rich- which is available free several places on line. That book is also laced with a little fantasy but the fantasy only serves to build confidence in your beliefs and actions. The belief in yourself is what matters, as well as the actions you take.
Vote Placed by jesusfreak22 3 years ago
jesusfreak22
openminded101WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting debate, however wished that Con had not FF or admited defeat. He could have pulled something together for that last round. Great job on sources Pro.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
openminded101WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conceded. Forfeited. Simple.
Vote Placed by Anonymous 3 years ago
Anonymous
openminded101WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument and con's forfeit. Pro was only one to use sources or separated paragraphs.