CookieMonster9
graceee

Is life better than it was 50 years ago

CookieMonster9

CookieMonster9

Pro

I will show you that life is better now than it was 50 years ago. The rules are simple. Make sure that you use capitals, periods etc. I will be excited to debate with you.
graceee

Con

The technology is better, our systems as a community is better. Our capability of international traveling is better. Yet, does all of those examples significantly make life better. Yes it is nice to have those luxuries, but in all honesty a lot of things in life are significantly worse. 50 years ago there was a less obvious sense of media pressure. The pressures on young kids used to be way less. There generally was no social media pressure. In a common household back then, there was one phone in the home to shared. The television programs were bugs bunny and lone ranger for example. Not the shows that we have these days that have pressure, ridiculous and bad influences all wrapped in one. On billboard's in magazines pressure everywhere you turn to look a certain way or act a certain way. 50 years ago things were much simpler, no pressure no obligations of appearances little things may be better, but significant things are not
CookieMonster9

Pro

You may be right about technology, but that is not the only thing that technology has done. Technology has made it so we can stop pollution by getting energy out of things like the wind, the sun, and even things like wood and trash! There are some other things that make life better now then 50 years ago. Back then there was a lot of segregation. I bet you if you asked any minority, they wouldn't want to go back 50 years ago.
graceee

Con

graceee forfeited this round.
CookieMonster9

Pro

Not only all of the things that I have said, also people in the United States have actually lived longer than 50 years ago. you can check on the Internet.
graceee

Con

graceee forfeited this round.
Posted by CookieMonster9 2 years ago
CookieMonster9
With me or Graccee. Because I would debate this with you
Posted by MUSA 2 years ago
MUSA
OH, man I wish I could debate with you about this, however it's to vague and more like a question than a debate. Advances in technologies are nice, but quality of life is everything.
Posted by CookieMonster9 2 years ago
CookieMonster9
Are u going to respond?
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
CookieMonster9graceeeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, Points Pro.