roadrider13
xxLunnarisxx

Is life easier than school

roadrider13 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

roadrider13

Pro

Many people at my school say school is harder than life itself, and I agree. I will let my opponent start off
xxLunnarisxx

Con

1st:
I don't think you should generalise it. Mean while for some people who don't have good parents it might be a breath of fresh air to leave their houses once school is over, so they can be independent, others might find it extremely hard because their parents were extra protecting. I assume you are just talking about your academic life compared to your professional life, Be still, you shouldn't discard the impact that a loving home can have on your mindset and the way you see school.

2nd:
I do understand where you are coming from. It is true that school takes up a massive amount of time and generates no income, so anything that implies money is out of your decision control. Also, in most careers, you don't have homework, you simply get home and rest (I am not even going to talk about lawyers or teachers, for example, because I know that is very specific, but still, a possibility of having a "life" and the problem of homework". What you should have in consideration is that school gives you some room for error. You are penalised, obviously, so you can learn from those mistakes, but you wont find this kind of tolerance elsewhere. If you need a job more than a job needs you (and let's face it, more and more people are getting educated and competition is real) I don't imagine many people will have any problem discarding you if they deem you incompetent out of one mistake you made.

3rd:
If life is, in fact, easier than school, is because school prepared you so for it. If you didn't go to school you wouldn't be used to dealing with a lot that you have to deal in your life. Dealing with school matures you and might make you have a different perspective on the issued of your life, meanwhile things that happened when you started school might seem a nightmare because your perception of them was still immature. Also, I can admit that the school system is flawed in some ways, but it's one of the only ways you can ensure you have a good future with a decent paying job. I know that, in some cases, people that go to college don't get what they want in life and some people who quit school are rich, but I am considering the vast majority.
xxLunnarisxx

Con

What does that even mean?
Posted by JimShady 1 month ago
JimShady
Love how Con puts forth a well thought-out answer and Pro puts one word...
Posted by toastyspaghetti 1 month ago
toastyspaghetti
Seems that way until you do a life planning math assignment. I got a good job and still didn't have enough money to do fun things
Posted by Nd2400 1 month ago
Nd2400
No it not. Having ever been working a 9 to 5 job? Or driving a hr and a half back and forth from work. Oh and paying bills? Probably not. So life is harder.