AWSM0055
FPSKorea1

Is life just one big computer simulation or matrix?

AWSM0055

Pro

Are we in a virtual reality? A sort of matrix so-to-speak? I think so, as many things such as the protons of atoms that define that particular element. You would almost think it was a special code or program that dictates these sort of things.

Why does only one proton make Hydrogen, yet two protons make Helium? Or why does H2O create water? Why does particles from light years away always come to earth with the maximum energy allowance of about 10^20 volts?

Why does DNA have a specific code? Are there superior life forms that control us?

Whomever excepts my debate, you do NOT have to give sources or references (unless your giving statistics or facts about something) as this discussion is entirely hypothetical.
FPSKorea1

Con

Do you seriously think that life is a one big computer? Welp, that's a new belief that I've ever heard.

It's called science. Life is full with things that we don't know and that's not explained, and just because we don't know it yet, you think someone's controlling us and life is just a game of a bigger, more complex dimension?

So you're saying that all organisms are just a character of a video game, and someone's actually playing and controlling me and you to write this down right now?

Wow...

There's even no need for me to explain those things that you questioned, life is not a computer and someone who's way more complex than us who lives in a dimension who's playing "Real Life Simulator" is controlling us is not true. And there has to be questions for "them" who are "controlling" us just like the questions that you stated, right? They can't know all about their world if they are true, so it can't be.

And no, I'm not talking about evolution here when I say science. I'm Christian, and I believe that God created science and the universe. Also, just because DNA have "codes" that can even be typed and processed in the computer doesn't mean it's like a computer code or something.
AWSM0055

Pro

"Do you seriously think that life is a one big computer? Welp, that's a new belief that I've ever heard."

Really? You have never heard of that? That's...strange.

But anyway, I don't exactly "believe" it: it's just a hypothetical that I think could be possible.

"So you're saying that all organisms are just a character of a video game, and someone's actually playing and controlling me and you to write this down right now?"

Maybe...I could be writing this to defer you from the truth...MWAHAHAH!!!

But no, seriously, maybe everything is a computer simulation. I'm not sure about things of outer dimensions "controlling" us, like a video game, but I think it could be possible.

Take for instance, GTA V. Say the characters had their own proper conscious A.I., would they ever suspect an outer world is controlling them and/or controlling and programming their reality? Even The Sims, or other life simulators out there could be similar to our own reality.

"There's even no need for me to explain those things that you questioned..."

I agree.

..."life is not a computer and someone who's way more complex than us who lives in a dimension who's playing "Real Life Simulator" is controlling us is not true."

Care to give examples of natures laws that defy any possibility of reality being controlled by a computer?

"And there has to be questions for "them" who are "controlling" us just like the questions that you stated, right? They can't know all about their world if they are true, so it can't be."

How do you know? Maybe "They" live in a different dimension than us. Maybe if "They" can create a whole simulation of life, I'm sure they understand their own existence...perhaps "They" are using this simulation to understand their own world.

Remember, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

"And no, I'm not talking about evolution here when I say science. I'm Christian, and I believe that God created science and the universe.

Maybe God is the player? The controller? The superior and all-powerful gamer of the universe? I'm kinda joking, but it is possible.

"Also, just because DNA have "codes" that can even be typed and processed in the computer doesn't mean it's like a computer code or something."

Why not? If we can manipulate DNA to create certain lifeforms, why is it impossible that a higher being is using it to control everything living?

If its a code, then a bunch of code makes a program. A physical thing controlled by a program is a robot, and the programmer is the mastermind. Why not in real life? Or should I say *puts sun glasses on* "Virtual thug life?" (Explosions in the background)
FPSKorea1

Con

FPSKorea1 forfeited this round.
AWSM0055

Pro

AWSM0055 forfeited this round.
FPSKorea1

Con

FPSKorea1 forfeited this round.
AWSM0055

Pro

AWSM0055 forfeited this round.
FPSKorea1

Con

FPSKorea1 forfeited this round.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"ln life it self".Yes. Life and dead are the only options of certain biochemical relations. No. These biochemical relations are life/dead...What is the simulation and what is the simulator ? "in life as seen"..Every thing is our "own" produced simulation that could never have been any different.