BBoySuperBeast
RationalMadman

Is life one big game of vanity

BBoySuperBeast

Pro

Yes are things i desire to be are general vain and if its not what i consider vain someone else more that likely will or be more vain to be it better. To achieve anything you must have the right smile, teeth and designer look be the time you leave the house. Nobody can care to listen to learn enough to be talkative their think its righteous to be so. Its easy to have talk trashy dribble that something opinionated and in context.
RationalMadman

Con

Out of no disrespect to my opponent I think we must definitely define vanity and life for this topic (I'm not saying he doesn't know!)

Vanity: excessive pride in or admiration of one’s own appearance or achievements. http://oxforddictionaries.com...

Life: the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being. http://oxforddictionaries.com...

There is FAR MORE to Life than Vanity. There is emotional seeking. While some seek confidence and ego boosting fro vanity, some people actually HATE it (hence people who love being dominated and abused in sex) where's the vanity in this? IF this is true why isn't everyone a nerd? Why are there people content with being a lazy slacker in many schools around the world? The answer is simple, there is a far richer experience in 'life' than 'vanity'. Vanity and pride are almost directly linked, vanity is a form of pride specific to one's OWN appearance of achievements. However pride itself can also apply to your friend's achievement and to say hey "I'm friends with them!" I mean... What if 'them' referred to Eminem? Wouldn't you be proud? This is pride of a different nature to vanity. Additionally pride is only one, minute aspect to life. There is love, of food and water to begin with, love of people, the arts, some love maths and science too. The best part? We all love it slightly differently! Some people love fat women, some skinny b*tches some medium curvy babes. There is sex, food, drink, happiness, love, hate, sadness, anger, calmness, religion/atheism, passion/logic, so much in life that is irrelevant to vanity so how can you term the whole thing one big game of it?

What you are doing is like saying Board games are like one big game of Monopoly... Well that is somewhat true but there are thousands of other aspects to them you missed. Would you say that Chess and Yahtzee are the same or that they directly relate to a game of monopoly? I think not.
BBoySuperBeast

Pro

IF you said Eminem was you friend i would think you being vain and saying to have a smile on your. In saying such a thing you saying I have a friend in someone who you are not, this make me more of a person, important and its attempt to make the friendship shared with people around them feel small. If this argument that someone saying Eminem is friend is diss proving the fact the life is one big game of vanity you are clearly mistaken. You mention food and drink is that no big game of vanity diets and fast-food. People in such a rush that their have to looking at themselves insulting the worker as their go about it?
You have no shown that life is one big game of vanity theses happiest are happy with themselves, theses achieving are in fact and form alliances through vanities and vain living.
RationalMadman

Con

The only coherent argument was that of the MEinem. Eminem is skilled but to be friends with him does not match the definition of vanity being "excessive pride in or admiration of one’s own appearance or achievements." Also you failed to refute any other points. You did not at all prove that happiness, such as that felt after a near-death experience of having survived, that feelng as if a gift has been given to you that little smile of no vanity whatsoever that feling of just... existing just BEING just PROLONGING one's existence is what life is about. It is prevalent in even the most basic of creatures.
BBoySuperBeast

Pro

I think my opponent reasoning is valid yet without doubt the times are such the life is one big game of vanity. Its rat race to steal ideas. People copy bend to make their own mense. I certain feel cheated and kicked in the teeth by society as mal-educted idiots came to speak for me. Perhaps their pronouncing all the letter are have clever syntax structures either way they are fake not knowing what the hell their are talking about and lack respect of the people they give their assumed dribble too. Either by changing my syntax or ironies they claim to have created their are frauds and ideologies are inbred and homosexual in thinking. Sorry to batter this keyboard but this is a fact and waste of time debate the world is one big of vanity whereby we all lose and consent too accepting the most vainest lying personality a top dog.
RationalMadman

Con

So because vain people happen to get far proves that life as a whole is a big game of vanity? Well. OBVIOUSLY those who succeed are in some way vain because that is what drove them to GET THERE and eventually have "excessive pride in or admiration of one’s own appearance or achievements." although even then tie pride might be minimal, not excessive. Your subjective view of people's vanity is not relevant to this debate.

In no way whatsoever had my opponent objectively (in even the slightest sense of the word) touched on how life is one big game of vanity he is basing it on pure subject opinion that, according to him, everyone is vain. Well it's firstly impossible for everyone to be vain since 'excessive pride' must relative to a NORM meaning that the vain can never be the majority let alone the total, this is self-contradictive.

He failed to explain how the love of food, water, shelter, self-preservation, sadness, anger, calmness, religion/atheism, passion/logic apply to life being one big game of vanity. Life is a far more complex entity and certainly is not one big game of anything. It is a series of 'games' if it is a 'game' at all.

Thanks. Vote con please.