Destinyclifton99
Treadsoftly

Is loosing your virginity at ages 13+ ok

Treadsoftly

Destinyclifton99

Pro

Opponent accept my challenge
Treadsoftly

Con

I accept your argument and will debate from the position of "con"
Destinyclifton99

Pro

I don't think there's anything with it many people today loose there virginity befor the age 18 and half get pregnet at 16 today's society is crazy that's why they made condoms it's a part of life I mean the way people describe it it's kinda hard to avoid it
Treadsoftly

Con

I think that the legal age of consent should be 16 as it is in most states. A child at the age of 13 is not yet ready to make decisions involving intimacy and can be taken advantage of by someone with more experience or age. I am all for education at 13 as I think ignorance is one of the main causes of problems we see with sexual relations at a young age but I do not think a 13 year old should be legally allowed to give consent.
Destinyclifton99

Pro

I some what half to agree men to some times take advantage of younger girls but as a girls we know the difference between him taking advantage of us or not sometimes we make decisions that aren't right education is a good one but at this age kids are going to experience certain things going through middle school and high school that will tempt them I think kids should be able to choose whether they want to or no it a phase we all go through sex is a natural thing god made sex even though he made it for inside of marriage what's the difference outside of marriage in one you have a long lasting relationship and the other basicly an experiment
Treadsoftly

Con

Let's keep religion out of this as that is an entirely different debate and holds little to nothing to do with the legal age of consent. Unfortunately, young girls and boys, especially those under sixteen are prone to making mistakes involving sexual relations. While I am all for freedom, I believe that it is unwise to allow kids who don't have the proper education and maturity to make a decision that could lead to the creation of another life. You said before vaguely "that's why they made condoms" but a condom is only a useful means of protection if you know how to use it. You might say that this is a simple task but as many have found out the hard way, it is not. There are also consequences beyond the physical, the psychological effects of becoming intimate too early have been shown to lead to long term PTSD. I will close with that while I support the freedoms of all people to do what they choose, I think it is uninformed and ill thought out to allow kids at the age of 13 to be legally consenting persons.
Destinyclifton99

Pro

Well I do half to say your smart I half to give you that one congrats
Treadsoftly

Con

Thank you for your compliment. I hope you continue to question the rules and make wise decisions. Pleasure debating with you. Cheers
Posted by Fanath 3 years ago
Fanath
There's a spell check option just so you know Pro...
Posted by Your_Logical_Fallacy 3 years ago
Your_Logical_Fallacy
they have laws like this for a reason.
Posted by Carthage 3 years ago
Carthage
Learn to use punctuation, Pro.
Posted by Destinyclifton99 3 years ago
Destinyclifton99
Yea that book
Posted by Destinyclifton99 3 years ago
Destinyclifton99
Didn't that author right the book the wild side correct me if I'm wrong I'm not that bright
Posted by Treadsoftly 3 years ago
Treadsoftly
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
What book?
Posted by Treadsoftly 3 years ago
Treadsoftly
Yes it is, very much enjoyed the book and appreciated the film as well.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 3 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Heh, is that Chris McCandless in your picture, Treadsoftly?

I enjoyed that book.
Vote Placed by iholland95 3 years ago
iholland95
Destinyclifton99TreadsoftlyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think that loosing your virginity at age 13 is not okay. People need to be careful of loosing their virginity
Vote Placed by aburk903 3 years ago
aburk903
Destinyclifton99TreadsoftlyTied
Reasons for voting decision: It's hard to win a debate when you can't even spell your premise correctly. No sources, but pro conceded to con almost entirely without offering any rebuttal. Round to con without a doubt.
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 3 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Destinyclifton99TreadsoftlyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had superior spelling and grammar, and Pro pretty much conceded the debate.