animeasiangirl
piefav

Is love the solution to everything?

piefav

animeasiangirl

Pro

I think love is the solution to everything because if we had a little love then we wouldn't steal from others or hurt them. Also if we love mother nature then she will love us too. If we love each other then we wouldn't bully each other and no one in the world would be depressed and commit suicide.
piefav

Con

I have question for you. If X+23=78, than what does X equal? If your answer is 55, you have proven your argument wrong, as that would mean the solution ISN'T love.
animeasiangirl

Pro

Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't make my self clear enough. I meant all the social problems in the world. Not math or science.
piefav

Con

That still isn't a good point. While loving your enemy can help in some points, loving an enemy can weaken you and cause you to be easily beaten by the enemy. For example, if we had what was called a "love troop" fighting the Islamic State, and they did nothing but go up to enemies and hug them in battle, we would have many more dead soldiers. If you were a mother, and your son was in the army, how happy would you be that your son, and EVERY OTHER SOLDIER IN THEIR ENTIRE TROOP was dead. Gone. No longer ALIVE. Not coming home. Imagine the mourning.
animeasiangirl

Pro

If the enemy had love though there would be no war. If we all had love then why would we hurt others?
piefav

Con

Yes, but you see, society now adays cannot run by love. Love cannot solve everything. Love cannot solve territory that cannot be owned. The Islamic State cannot go, "Hey, Syria, um....we love you guys SOOOO very much, but we rule this country with our beliefs now, and we own this country. Love, ISIL"
animeasiangirl

Pro

animeasiangirl forfeited this round.
animeasiangirl

Pro

Sure they have their own belief but if they have tolerance they would be able to tolerate different beliefs. Also they wouldn't want war because of it's blood shed. People who love wouldn't want to shed blood.
piefav

Con

piefav forfeited this round.
Posted by comegys59 2 years ago
comegys59
No, I do not think love is the solution to everything. If we used love as a tool for fixing everything our society as we know it would be a disaster. Yes love can mend a lot of things such as hurt,loss,denial, depression, and etc. But when we go looking for love in the wrong places to make our self's feel better, to feel wanted, and to feel accepted that's when we mess up. Love isn't something to be rushed or planned. When you find it you'll know. Therefore, no, love is not the solution to everything.
Posted by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
I think the 7 billion people I'm in love with would be jealous that I'm in love with 6,999,999,999 other people. That might cause a fight.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
Then why do two people in love inevitably hurt each other?
Posted by NNEye 2 years ago
NNEye
5X * 2 = 20; X = Love?
Vote Placed by salam.morcos 2 years ago
salam.morcos
animeasiangirlpiefavTied
Reasons for voting decision: There wasn't much of a debate. Pro simply pleaded to emotion, con made some arguments (e.g. loving enemy). I vote con. No sources, poor conduct (both ff), and spelling/grammar is fine. They're tied on those.